• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 926 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

ChewbaccaDefense said:
I don't post here anymore because I've kind of hit the "who cares, because caring changes nothing" wall, but seriously, dehydration the new performance boost? I think Sky watched Trump say anything and figure that post-truth world is just the ticket for them.

I want to be in the think tank group who come up with this BS at Sky. I guess there is a significant amount of weed smoked along with vodka shots. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Re:

ChewbaccaDefense said:
I don't post here anymore because I've kind of hit the "who cares, because caring changes nothing" wall, but seriously, dehydration the new performance boost? I think Sky watched Trump say anything and figure that post-truth world is just the ticket for them.
Watch out Chewi. There are some delirious folks in here. Much the same as a Livestrong camp follower.

Re: Re:

thehog said:
ChewbaccaDefense said:

I want to be in the think tank group who come up with this BS at Sky. I guess there is a significant amount of weed smoked along with vodka shots. Sounds like a lot of fun.

well, not that weed is á la mode and FloydLeadville is even retweeted by Vayer and co, those weed smoking guys could even get some fans, no? :D

pastronef said:
thehog said:
ChewbaccaDefense said:

well, not that weed is á la mode and FloydLeadville is even retweeted by Vayer and co, those weed smoking guys could even get some fans, no? :D

Only an ignorant would not understand the difference between medicinal use and recreational use, knock yourself out through.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

ChewbaccaDefense said:
well put.

Sky hiring Astana riders whilst still claiming to be antidoping fits that mold, too.

Re:

rick james said:
Why is this thread talking about froome and dehydration? It has nothing to do with him, some folks obsession with the dawg is blinding them

because the doc has worked for Sky and Sky use marginal gains i.e. anything that goes up to the line of ethical and medical acceptability (a la wiggos TUEs)...

this sounds exactly like the sort of pish they would spout..... :)

This sounds like (i stand to be corrected on that) an ideal way to explain away dodgy blood scores...

I know that the dawg "just lost the fat" but..............................................

thehog said:
pastronef said:
thehog said:
ChewbaccaDefense said:

Only an ignorant would not understand the difference between medicinal use and recreational use, knock yourself out through.

weed and vodka shots for the think thank guys at Sky
weed business for Floyd, weed legal in Colorado

all I see is recreational in both cases
;)
ok, I´ll knock myself
you, chill a bit, Sky makes you mad

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site

DirtyWorks said:
42x16ss said:
Robert5091 said:
So when Froome sprints up the Alps and Pyrenees next year, everyone will say, "well he's dehydrated"! Genius!
Of course - dehydration! The free ticket to crazy off-scores :lol:

Henao must be rubbing his hands together...

They are borrowing the Paula Radcliffe dehydration B.S. and building on it.
Nobody at the top of the heap would risk using motors now. In any event, they don't need it.

Froomey's program allows him to look like a malnourished, drought-stricken Ethiopian, yet pump like a strongest man in the world contestant, for three hours a day in the saddle, day after day, for weeks on end, and year after year.

Nothing unusual about that. Perfectly natural. I'm sure that Pharmstrong would agree that only cynics who don't want to believe that fairytales can happen, would cast doubt upon the Froomster's zero to hero story.

After all, somebody needs to be the chamipon each year. Just because everyone for the past 20-odd years has been outed as an outrageous drug cheat doesn't mean that Froomster is dirty. What he does is perfectly natural and to be expected from people who are on the brink of starvation.

Nobody can win a great stage race unless they're about to die. They just don't have the anti-stamina without the starvation diet, to do it. Froomey can't actually race at all unless he's just about to turn translucent.

He's the most credible champion I've seen since...well, since....hmmm.....

Froomster said:
DirtyWorks said:
42x16ss said:
Robert5091 said:
So when Froome sprints up the Alps and Pyrenees next year, everyone will say, "well he's dehydrated"! Genius!

Nobody at the top of the heap would risk using motors now. In any event, they don't need it.

Froomey's program allows him to look like a malnourished, drought-stricken Ethiopian, yet pump like a strongest man in the world contestant, for three hours a day in the saddle, day after day, for weeks on end, and year after year.

Nothing unusual about that. Perfectly natural. I'm sure that Pharmstrong would agree that only cynics who don't want to believe that fairytales can happen, would cast doubt upon the Froomster's zero to hero story.

After all, somebody needs to be the chamipon each year. Just because everyone for the past 20-odd years has been outed as an outrageous drug cheat doesn't mean that Froomster is dirty. What he does is perfectly natural and to be expected from people who are on the brink of starvation.

Nobody can win a great stage race unless they're about to die. They just don't have the stamina without the starvation diet, to do it. Froomey can't actually race at all unless he's just about to turn translucent.

To be fair, Froome always had a big engine, he just needed to lose the fat, it's as simple as that.

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site

thehog said:
Froomster said:
DirtyWorks said:
42x16ss said:
Robert5091 said:

Nobody can win a great stage race unless they're about to die. They just don't have the stamina without the starvation diet, to do it. Froomey can't actually race at all unless he's just about to turn translucent.

To be fair, Froome always had a big engine, he just needed to lose the fat, it's as simple as that.

We just didn't know it was in his seat tube. :surprised:

Dec 28, 2016
Visit site
Re:

We all saw how well Froome did once he lost the fat. Wait until you see how he performs without the water weight. By releasing the details of this approach Sky are prepping everyone for an incredible 2017 by the alien.

He is either going to go out or down in a blaze

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Froome playing a dangerous game of nudging Wiggins and Brailsford towards under the bus. That wont endear him to other teams. He may get a 1 year contract from someone like BMC/Bahrain to pick his brain but if he is gonna hurt others.........

TRENDING THREADS