• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
blackcat said:
like to see Augustyn back at Sky.

He is riding and training back home and has entered some local races and done well in them. He does have a few offers on the table in order to return to Europe and is planning to since his injuries have been dealt with and is in a much Bette replace mentally.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
zalacain said:
Not in Germany
sitzpinkel_1.gif

'menschen nur'

That prohibition applies to humans only.

martinvickers said:
Well since he podiumed two years ago, and he's still but 27, that's some trick!

He speaks english.

He doesn't have a groucho marx comedy mustache.

He pees, apparently, standing up.

the horror, the horror.

If he had a Groucho Marx moustache I'd like him a lot more. As long as Wiggins wore the pink fright wig, parped the horn and played the harp.

It might save an awful lot of Clinic arguing if Wiggins was the Harpo of the group.

I guess that would mean Brailsford gets to be Chico. Rogers is Gummo, Porte and EBH can fight over who gets to be Zeppo. He was renowned as the funniest of the guys off-camera, in fact, it's just that their comedy personae were already developed when he was old enough to perform, so he played the straight man.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/froomes-tour-de-france-confidence-grows-after-beating-contador

'The two riders' long-term goals and ambitions highlight their distinct differences of character and personality. Wiggins is targeting the Giro d'Italia this year after acknowledging he didn’t want to face the same pressures and go through the same routine needed to prepare for the Tour de France. Froome revealed that he hopes to target the Tour for the rest of his career. Froome is chalk to Wiggins' cheese.

"I know I have limited time as a cyclist, probably another 8 to 12 years maximum, so for me personally I want to be best I can be for those 8-12 years. That means lining up at Tour each year with goal of at least being in contention," Froome said.

"I'd love to win the Tour one day, if I win it then I'm sure hunger would be there to go back for it." '

8-12 years? The guy is nearly 28. Gunning for 8-12 Tour podiums it seems....yikes.

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Right. So both Alberto and Froome need to lose 2/3 kgs. Though Alberto looks healthy and Froome looks as Infexio said underweight. I don't believe the gf.
Well she knows how he looks better than you do. ;)

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Ripper said:
I'm actually beginning to like Froome more than Wiggo. At least Froome is not a complete d0uchebag.

I agree. Even if it could be someone how proved that Wiggings meteoric rise was done without help, I still would not have a great deal of respect for him.

ferryman said:
Your ability to wind up is admirable. I thought I would post an article that most 99.9 on here would not have seen.

You are looking for things that aren't there. I'd not read it so I read it, and was disappointed that it was nothing more than a puff piece for Sky.

Swap the names 'Wiggins' for Armstrong and Froome for 'Hincapie' and you'd have the bog-standard mainstream USP/Disco article from 1999-2006.

No questioning of how froome went from donkey to race horse in a few months. No questioning about Sky's various scandals.

Radioactive Froome ends the speculation, yet Sky are the only team who can do this.

"Froome and Team Sky love to talk about the process of racing and winning, about controlling the controllable. Their racing style is based on logic and measured physiology, with little room for emotion and instinct. Froome made it clear he will follow the same process in everything he does this season, including the Tour de France."

"I think it's pretty simple. If we keep following a certain way of training and racing, it makes it a lot more controllable for us. The more you can control in a race then the more you can control the outcome. Cycling isn't always predictable but the more control you have over things, the easier it becomes"

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/chr...&ns_source=cyclingnews&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

May 26, 2010
Visit site
cineteq said:
Radioactive Froome ends the speculation, yet Sky are the only team who can do this.

"Froome and Team Sky love to talk about the process of racing and winning, about controlling the controllable. Their racing style is based on logic and measured physiology, with little room for emotion and instinct. Froome made it clear he will follow the same process in everything he does this season, including the Tour de France."

"I think it's pretty simple. If we keep following a certain way of training and racing, it makes it a lot more controllable for us. The more you can control in a race then the more you can control the outcome. Cycling isn't always predictable but the more control you have over things, the easier it becomes"

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/chr...&ns_source=cyclingnews&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

Gonna be a boring season watching the black and blue train

Cavendash

BANNED
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Gonna be a boring season watching the black and blue train

Watching the black and blue train beat their opposition black and blue, seriously i admire the way they go about their work especially compared to someone putting in lightweight 1 minute attacks that will never stick.

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
Bertie is still racing as if he's still on a full program (burning matches that don't stick). Don't mean to be rude, but this guy ain't too smart right now. How long does it take for his brain to adjust? It's been a few years now. When's he going to wise up?

TRENDING THREADS