• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 38 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
JimmyFingers said:
Ha! Good point Spalco, you can't prove a negative.

Although I think FGL is saying they bang on about been clean and their ZTP and then they have characters like Leinders/Yates/Julich/de Jong/Rogers etc in the organisation, which basically makes a mockery of that.

In their defence I do believe their ZTP is what the sponsors want rather than team a mangement, and if allowed their policy would be closer to Garmins.

But really the hiring of Leinders is unforgivable, and you can't blame people for calling bull$hit on Sky's cleanliness in the wake of that gross error/calculated deception (delete as appropriate).

The other reasons are they're British :p

And they're sponsored by Murdoch.

You can prove a negative.

Blood profiles.

Lets see 'em.

Nothing to hide, ZTP and all that.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
blackcat's the nearest the forum has to somebody who believed in Froome and thinks that he is this talented. And blackcat thinks Froome is doping iirc, just that he's only doping like everybody else, and talent is carrying the rest.

Similarly, I'm from the other side of the debate. I think Froome had schistosomiasis and it is to a large extent responsible for his lack of development over a period from 2009 to mid 2011, however its characteristics are such that it is incredibly convenient as a story - it renders his blood passport nigh on useless by attacking his red blood cells, it comes and goes at intervals that seem to be incredibly non-random, in that it attacks and causes him to do badly but stays away when he's at season goals, and enables him to transform from pack fodder to world beater in less time than it takes to say "Santiago Pérez."
yep. thats right. i believe in him. but this belief is premised on him taking stuff (doping) like the rest of them. never really changed my position on him. and have an inkling he is a nice guy. but i dont know that. and i/we, could never know such a thing without personal relationships to him. hope he wins in july tho, cos he should have won in 2012

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
airstream said:
They are not more sinful than anyone else on this matter. Doping system is unwavering in this regard. Landis and Vino were caught. Bruyneel and Contador were hurried to become themselves the part of new clean cycling. What is more it happened straight after the most dopage Tour in history. Others riders got popped, Sky proclaimed themselves clean. It's a vicious circle without entrance in which everyone will always spit in back of one who goes in front of him. I don't think that's the reason to award Sky with special portion of exceptional distaste.

I can understand people with strong anti doping course, but I'm not able to understand the guys who support team Sky opponents.

What do you support then? Slow progress and podium in a GT at 30 or what? Armstrong was always an extremely talented sportsmen as far as I remember. Man is not born a GT contender, it doesn't have any special genetics. Man becomes a GT contender.

Very cute. :p
good post dude

airstream said:
They are not more sinful than anyone else on this matter. Doping system is unwavering in this regard. Landis and Vino were caught. Bruyneel and Contador were hurried to become themselves the part of new clean cycling. What is more it happened straight after the most dopage Tour in history. Others riders got popped, Sky proclaimed themselves clean. It's a vicious circle without entrance in which everyone will always spit in back of one who goes in front of him. I don't think that's the reason to award Sky with special portion of exceptional distaste.

I can understand people with strong anti doping course, but I'm not able to understand the guys who support team Sky opponents.

What do you support then? Slow progress and podium in a GT at 30 or what? Armstrong was always an extremely talented sportsmen as far as I remember. Man is not born a GT contender, it doesn't have any special genetics. Man becomes a GT contender.

Very cute. :p

You asked the question AS. You have some answers, and you could also read some of the thread.

thehog said:
So why didn't the guy who came 10th or 8th or 7th improve as much?

Looking at Froome in the 2009 Giro and watching him zig zag up hills its hard to believe that he become a Contador-esque climber.

Yes thats him at right angles behind Gerrans.

2v8qssx.png

Full video at 7:27: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEGpv0xn0E8

Haven't kept up with this thread recently, but did anyone already post this pic of Wiggins in 2008? Just made me laugh and remember the Froome video:

A9N0wceCQAA6CPH.jpg

L'arriviste said:
Haven't kept up with this thread recently, but did anyone already post this pic of Wiggins in 2008? Just made me laugh and remember the Froome video:

A9N0wceCQAA6CPH.jpg

Classic!

Appears its the sign of future GT champions! Zig zagging.

He looks to be in respectable company there with the grupetto.

Who's the Barloworld rider in the frame?

Edit: there's even Milram riders in front of Wiggins!

JimmyFingers said:
They should put you in charge FF
In a way I wish I wasn't always right...
King Boonen said:
Who do you like?
Difficult question to answer, though this list is essentially composed of arrogant, unrepentant, in your face dopers so easier not to like them. I still follow cycling closely because I have trouble not to, but a few times I have actually turned off the TV in disgust (Contador/Chicken sprinting up the mountains in 2007 for example). I don't idolise so this makes it easier, and there are some riders I like more than others despite the certainty they are doping. Also, this reply was in response to yet another post inferring that certain posters bash Sky but give a pass to other teams - even though this is totally untrue for the most part.
Ferminal said:
It's possible to not like the doping but still like the individual. That is if you see doping as a symptom of the system, which it is.
See above remark. Even though I don't idolise, I still have preferences even if the doping is more or less a constant. I also see some riders as proactive in the doping (most of those in my list) and some are "victims" of the system. This is, of course, a subjective judgment.

It is good to find a place with impartial opinions about Froome and Wiggins.
When I finished to translate the article about Froome, Ii will answer some of the questions.

Froome was always promising, Froome was a man that impress with his numbers in test always. Froome was late in cycling. He was with an illness several years, and he has already inside. if the illness is active, he has no chances to figth for anything important.

You could read a lot about bilharzia.

Froome has a lot of potential, he can improve still. If tbilharzia come back, nothing to do.

Fearless Greg Lemond said:
Carlo Scognamiglio, big talent...
Fat Wiggins there, you really see him having 10 kilos too much.

Big name Carlo Scognamiglio!

Rode for Milram as well! I had to google him. Never heard of him!

Little did Carlo know that his 3 years in the peloton he'd ride next to two Tour de France champions - Froome and Wiggins! :rolleyes:

L'arriviste said:

A9N0wceCQAA6CPH.jpg
Froome explodes, but was the strongest that day except Gerrans, he did a strong first part of the climb.

A lot to learn, he was a junior still. He had a 25, and he need that day a 27 at least
He could have likely bilharzia already that year

Taxus4a said:
Froome explodes, but was the strongest that day except Gerrans, he did a strong first part of the climb.

A lot to learn, he was a junior still. He had a 25, and he need that day a 27 at least
He could have likely bilharzia already that year

His gears were fine. The video shows that. He had at least a 27.

He's just not a climber. Well not until he has had his fill.

Funniest thing I've ever seen.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
thehog said:
His gears were fine. The video shows that. He had at least a 27.

He's just not a climber. Well not until he has had his fill.

Funniest thing I've ever seen.

Who are you to make such a conclusion? Sport physiotherapist, super coach who writes training plans for elite cyclists or just medic who perfectly know physical data for climbing?

'He's not a climber' everyone can post it about a rider he/she dislikes.

airstream said:
Who are you to make such a conclusion? Sport physiotherapist, super coach who writes training plans for elite cyclists or just medic who perfectly know physical data for climbing?

'He's not a climber' everyone can post it about a rider he/she dislikes.

Who am I?

School up kid.

The Dawg at best is pro-conti.

Certainly not a GT winner.

Just take a look at Andy Shleck's beatiful climbing style compared to Froome.

There's your anwser my friend. Now get back to other side of the forum.

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
With Froome now the firm favourite for the TdF and ready to assume the mantle of cycling's current greatest, the public deserves to know more about his ongoing Bilharzia treatment (it's a blood disease affecting Hb after all), as well as any TUE's he may be on.

UCI needs to come clean on TUE's. And Sky/Froome on his bilharzia. Total transparency. If not, the farce of pharmaceutical enhancement in pro-cycling and the joke the sport is will just continue as it has for the last 20 years.

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
User name "Bilharzia" still up for grabs. As is "Dear Christopher". Amazing that "Sky High" was never taken either.

Gonna be a great next 2 months here.

TRENDING THREADS