• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 39 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Tinman said:
UCI needs to come clean on TUE's. And Sky/Froome on his bilharzia.

And the impact of Bilharzia treatment on Froome's blood passport data, and therefore the free "get out of jail" pass Froome has on any illegal Hb manipulation.

Here's UCI and Pat hanging a lot of their public anti-doping story on the bio passport program, at the same time as cycling's current greatest gets away with a convenient bypass.

The farce continues. Next thing we will have a leukemia sufferer on recent chemo have a go at making a podium. (Or god forbid actually winning another 7 GTs).

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
The difference though is other teams dont scream from the top of the mountains how clean they are. In other words, by doing this they - and Garmin - claim to be clean and all the others that do not scream from the top of the mountain are dirty.

Is it important? Does it change anything? I don't see here principal difference between Armstrong and Contador who stated after their first TdF wins that thanks God dark era was left behind.

Listen up, you are the clinic reg, anti doping fighter, Lemond fan, but you draw the line between dopers, who use doping with bombastic anti doping statements, and dopers, who do it silently. Moreover, you prefer the second type of dopers in the races? So in you view they are entitled to use doping to a greater extent. Don't you find this approach a bit strange?

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
What I have always wondered on the bilharzia thingie is this:
Froome grows up in Kenya, untill at least 14 years old when his parents move to South Africa, where he trains with the great David Kinjah ''in the rural highlands north of Nairobi''. Yet, never catches the parasite.

Then, as an adult of 25 years, one year before his contract is due, in prime health we may assume, he goes on a safari in Kenya, hugging elephants et all, catches bilharzia, is cured and within a year he is the best climber and the third best TT'er of the world.

What are the odds for that?

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Froome grows up in Kenya, untill at least 14 years old when his parents move to South Africa, where he trains with the great David Kinjah ''in the rural highlands north of Nairobi''. Yet, never catches the parasite.

Then, as an adult of 25 years, one year before his contract is due, in prime health we may assume, he goes on a safari in Kenya, hugging elephants et all, catches bilharzia, is cured and within a year he is the best climber and the third best TT'er of the world.

I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles.

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site

Combine that with the "benefits" bilharzia has on fluctuating Hb levels, the resultant uselessness of a BP history, and the ease with which one could get a doctor to "diagnose" the condition.

A smelly story and small miracle indeed. High time for Sky to get clean on this one.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
airstream said:
Is it important? Does it change anything? I don't see here principal difference between Armstrong and Contador who stated after their first TdF wins that thanks God dark era was left behind.

Listen up, you are the clinic reg, anti doping fighter, Lemond fan, but you draw the line between dopers, who use doping with bombastic anti doping statements, and dopers, who do it silently. Moreover, you prefer the second type of dopers in the races? So in you view they are entitled to use doping to a greater extent. Don't you find this approach a bit strange?
both allowed to use.

one not allowed, let say, invited, to insult our intelligence or lack thereof. /bad gammar

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
blackcat said:
both allowed to use.

one not allowed, let say, invited, to insult our intelligence or lack thereof. /bad gammar

But it comes that a rider like Nibali, who very likely uses doping during the whole career [we haven't got any proof both on Nibali and Froome] gets minimum of critical arrows. Officialy popped rider Contador has much less doping censure. And only Sky are remorselessly slinged mud. I just fail to grasp any logic in this, but... riders, who use doping since early years, has more doping preferences or something.

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
gustienordic said:
Yes, but Garmin hardly had any money at this time (or at least thats what I remember) I'm just confused why "resources" supposedly means JV didn't have the doping supplies for Froome :confused: :confused: or am I getting this all wrong?

Maybe they didn't have a spiffy car to drive his WAG around to the races..:D

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
Tinman said:
Combine that with the "benefits" bilharzia has on fluctuating Hb levels, the resultant uselessness of a BP history, and the ease with which one could get a doctor to "diagnose" the condition.

A smelly story and small miracle indeed. High time for Sky to get clean on this one.

Agreed, smells of old fish....

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
airstream said:
But it comes that a rider like Nibali, who very likely uses doping during the whole career [we haven't got any proof both on Nibali and Froome] gets minimum of critical arrows. Officialy popped rider Contador has much less doping censure. And only Sky are remorselessly slinged mud. I just fail to grasp any logic in this, but... riders, who use doping since early years, has more doping preferences or something.
yeah, basically, cannot dispel the critical thinking.

my point is, folks dont like to be told, "we are clean" when they are not, it is insulting to ones intelligence.

i remember a team, it could have been liquigas, who said about Garmin "those guys are @rseholes". that is the best analogy for the clinic. dont like being told one thing, for PR, and inference of the peloton is dirty, but we are clean.

its all bull$hit. dope, but dont deny it for PR or we call you on it. we already gotta accept the doping which is indeed worse, but we dont have to accept being treated like fools.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site

Before my one month vacation from this place, one of my last posts was about how I thought it would be great if Wiggins Giro was derailed. Guess what happened?

Stranger things have happened; then again I don't believe in coincidences.

It's not good though that Froome won't have Wiggins nagging him for 3 weeks. Where is the fun in that for us viewers?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Galic Ho said:
Before my one month vacation from this place, one of my last posts was about how I thought it would be great if Wiggins Giro was derailed. Guess what happened?

Stranger things have happened; then again I don't believe in coincidences.

It's not good though that Froome won't have Wiggins nagging him for 3 weeks. Where is the fun in that for us viewers?
was it a nice holiday?

majorca?
tenerife?

I have spent 10 years tramping through tropical rainforests. Never had a tick bite until 8 years in. (the trick is to cover your skin - long sleeves etc.) Then got 2 in completely separate locations 100's of kms apart within 3 months.

So I must be lying.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
blackcat said:
was it a nice holiday?

majorca?
tenerife?

Oh it was a wonderful holiday. Arguably one of the best months of my life. Seriously.

Sadly no Tenerife for me this year. But Majorca, I'll have to jot down. That's a splendid idea BC!:D

I have a suspicion that some serious stuff will be happening at this Tour. I am intrigued by what is yet to come.

I was thinking Wiggins removal from the race would be bad in terms of Clinic matters. No more; I think Froome will lap this opportunity for all it is worth. This whole sordid team disharmony is not good at all.

airstream said:

The Contador gets banned thread was by far the fastest in forum history to reach 1000 posts. Took a few hours while this thread hasnt reached that number yet and it's nearly a year old. So try again.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
spalco said:
And now? Forum consensus seems to have forgiven him.

It happens when you're not a tool, don't have a dominant ego, are a decent guy, are a natural big riding prodigy, a once in a generation rider, you gift people wins, you're kind and considerate, you don't talk smack and belittle others. Also being the one person to stand up to Armstrong in a race and beat him with the whole team against you; yeah you get some kudos.

Being a nice and good person does wonders. Also it doesn't hurt if your riding style looks like poetry in motion. Simply is a joy to watch race. Froome should take some notes.

Also holding onto hate and disliking someone forever, it only harms you. But some errors are easier to stomach because of the above reasons. Make that a lot easier.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
The Hitch said:
The Contador gets banned thread was by far the fastest in forum history to reach 1000 posts. Took a few hours while this thread hasnt reached that number yet and it's nearly a year old. So try again.

Not a big part of them sincerely wished him a ban (we observe the opposite in this thread). Many guys were writing 'don't ban him for the sake of cycling'. I strongly doubt anything to change even if Froome takes the Tour in a bright attacking way.

The grade of doping suspicion and condemnation reached such screwball that I don' know how some new super stronger rider can hit the scene, without being damned in this forum section.

airstream said:

Give the "poor Sky/Froome" thing a rest. I don't have anything particular against them but your whining inspires me to go after them on principle.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
frenchfry said:
Give the "poor Sky/Froome" thing a rest. I don't have anything particular against them but your whining inspires me to go after them on principle.

I don't whine, I'm just surprise. It probably even makes me to support them

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
frenchfry said:
heheheh. yeah, this is quite on the money.

people dont like heroes wearing emperors clothes.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts