• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 41 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
thehog said:
You can go from grupetto to GT winner with your mind?

What about the Atomic Jock Race? That was a big victory.

I looked over the results of the Jockstrap Race but I cannot seem to find any GT winners in the list of winners for this illustrious indicator of GT talent.

I did find a guy with the last name of Woolcock, which sounds like an appropriately named winner of a Jockstrap race.

thehog said:
You can go from grupetto to GT winner with your mind?

What about the Atomic Jock Race? That was a big victory.

It depends. You need a big engine as well, but sometimes that make the difference.

According World Cycling Centre (WCC) in Aigle, Switzerland, Froome is the more enginer rider has been there in his history, as well of Daniel Teklehaimanot and Rafaa Chitioui.

Rafaa is not a climber, but who know if he could have been as well, but the issue is where is now Froome and where is Rafaa, and the difference is mind.

BroDeal said:
I looked over the results of the Jockstrap Race but I cannot seem to find any GT winners of this illustrious indicator of GT talent.

I did find a guy with the last name of Woolcock, which sounds like an appropriately named winner of a Jockstrap race.

What year was that? Are you sure it was Woolcock? I knew a guy named Woodcock that was pretty fast about 10-12 years ago. hmmm

BroDeal said:
Waylon Woolcock, 2007

Or as I like to think of it, Waylong Woolcock, winner of the Jockstrap Race.

According to Jockstrap legend Waytolong had a nasty parasite infection in an undisclosed area of his body. The organisers tried to ban him from futures races because of the chance of spreading the ailment. Apparently Waytolong shared his chamois cream in the locker rooms after the race with a young Kenyan and the disease spread.

Waytolong Woolcock recieved a life ban from the Jockstrap race organisers.

Later the UCI brought in the chamois cre sharing ban. And placed clean chamois policy.

Ripper said:
Hey Hog, who said "The simple truth is that we outwork everyone. But when you perform at a higher level in a race, you get questions about doping."

One of those idiots from Sky. There's so many management staff I don't who does what.

Probably Kerrison. Master Injector. He's a bad man.

Outwork???!!! Christ. What the F does that mean?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Taxus4a said:
It depends. You need a big engine as well, but sometimes that make the difference.

According World Cycling Centre (WCC) in Aigle, Switzerland, Froome is the more enginer rider has been there in his history, as well of Daniel Teklehaimanot and Rafaa Chitioui.

Rafaa is not a climber, but who know if he could have been as well, but the issue is where is now Froome and where is Rafaa, and the difference is mind.
rafaa is muslim, fasts during ramadan, needs halal diet. difficult for a team to take on a neo with such demands

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Big Doopie said:
The other element is that since we know they doped to achieve every known result in their career and - apparently - see nothing wrong with continuing their behavior, we simply have no idea how good they really are.

airstream said:
'Consistent talents' are entitled to dope as much as they want, unlike intruders like Froome and Wiggins, who dared to interfere these consistent talents to win. Bravissimo.

these two points, taken together, are a nice indicator of my stance. if thomas dekker starts doping at 16, and popovych at 17, did they ever deserve their branding as "talent(s)" and their results?

Big Doopie said:
Yes, clentadopucci has done his time. So has valverde. But they continue to act like they were innocent. That is the big difference. As far as I can tell their actions AND their words show no remorse or indicate accepting any change in their behavior. So I assume that they continue to pursue every possible cheating method at their disposal.

That is what makes them impossible to support.

The other element is that since we know they doped to achieve every known result in their career and - apparently - see nothing wrong with continuing their behavior, we simply have no idea how good they really are.

As far as we know they are no better than Chiappucci was. And there is no knowable data that can convince us otherwise.

Flo thinks Big Dopie should stop whining

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Ooh this sounds promising! Sutton says the only one who could've beaten Froome is Wiggins...

Wtf. This team is so arrogant. Please, someone, anyone, put them back where they belong.

images

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Ooh this sounds promising! Sutton says the only one who could've beaten Froome is Wiggins...

Wtf. This team is so arrogant. Please, someone, anyone, put them back where they belong.

How about Froome and Porte 1&2 at Valmorel?

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Taxus4a said:
Froome got bilharzia before that year.
So, that would be 2009?
Taxus4a said:
and it is not sure that was in Kenya.
According to Sky's PR BS department after/during Vuelta 2011 he got diagnosed in Kenya in 2010.
Taxus4a said:
Some estudies said he got bilharzia since 2008.
I would love to read those 'studies', but let me tell you this, you dont complete a Giro d'Italia/Tour de France when you have a parasite in you that feeds of red blood cells.
Taxus4a said:
Bilharzia is not so common as to catch it just to be living there, but not so strange (a lot of people have in Africa) as to be very odd to get in a trip.
A ot of peopple in the world has the disease and they dont know it.
He was unlucky, of course, but luck and unluck are normal in life.
He has the parasit still in his system in 2013, but they can fight now againts him and it is not a problem.
Lets stay to the facts. According to the SKY PR machine Froome had the Katayama syndrome bilharzia. If untreated for - according to your studies - since 2008 untill the end of 2010 there would be severe organ damage, you do know every year approximately 200.000 people die from this disease?

Further:
http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpost.php?p=1214839&postcount=1701
Taxus4a said:
According World Cycling Centre (WCC) in Aigle, Switzerland, Froome is the more enginer rider has been there in his history.
One of them, he showed that at Giro delle Regione amongs other races, but mainly in test. yes.

But he makes the difference with his mind, not only in his big engine.
A, the Aigle numbers myth, pity no one has ever seen them.

You mentioned de Giro Giro delle Regioni, where Froome took a stage. Well:
http://www.museociclismo.it/content/corse/tappa.php?cod=75770

''Fifth and penultimate stage of the 32nd Tour of the Regions in Tuscany. From Chianciano Terme 127 runners take off at 11.27 with destination Montepulciano in the province of Siena. The first significant action of the day was recorded at the first GPM in Radicofani (altitude 759 meters) with the Slovenian Koren preceding Schwarz and Stortoni. The latter is the protagonist of a later attempt to escape in the company of the Australian Clarke (virtual leader of the race for forty kilometers) and French El Fares. At km 80 the same El Fares above Stortoni and Clarke to Gpm 1st class place to Colle Cetona (altitude 790 meters). At the intermediate sprint of Sarteano (km 92.4) is the blue Stortoni that gets the better of Clarke and El Fares. The order of passage of three athletes to command even at the intermediate sprint at km 103 of Chianciano Terme. I closed the entrance of the three leaders of the group who allow themselves to take back compact. Once again it is first tussle with an attempt promoted by a group of 18 units (28 maximum advantage "), then they try to minus 20 from the conclusion Meyer, Moerman, Gautier, Vermeesch, Apolo, Van Heerden and Froome. Behind 30 a second group of 12 immediate followers with the blues Bosio and Hair. A 48 "the rest of the group. Immediately after the sprint of Valiano won by the South African van Heerden of Froome and Meyer, forcing the Moerman in the company of Meyer. The pair of head 3 km from the finish is reached by Ospina, Froome, Zeits, Gautier, Mollema and Reshetnikov. The Belgian Moerman and the Kenyan Froome they go to 2 km to the conclusion, but the decisive is to Froome that everything just falls away towards the finish line thus entering in the history of the Tour of the Regions to be the first Kenyan athlete to win a stage. Froome precedes 4 "Gautier, Zeits, 6" Mollema. A 14 "Claeys and Gottfried, 17" the new leader of the general classification Rui Costa. For the color blue only 32.mo Zen and 33.mo Bisolti with quet'ultimo that slides in 16.ma position in 1'12 "behind the leader Rui Costa.''

Of course, a nice victory, but is this a sign of future greatness? The Bauke Mollema fanclub would agree of course, but the rest? In the high mountains of Tuscany?

Three weeks later he rides the Tour de Japan and loses 3 minutes on Fransesco Masciarelli in a MTT on Mount Fuji. Wondering why Fransesco hasnt podiumed a GT by now.
Edit: in the past of course, given his health problems of now

Well, everyone can look at the results, including B-worlds where the great Haijun Ma beat him, but this graph says all, at least to me.
http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/graphRiderHistory.asp?riderID=5789

It is pretty obvious something happened over the course of 2010/2011, it must be a coincidence just in that period Geert Leinders was appointed at Sky.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
So if the story of Froome's huge Vo2 is fake and infection was not the cause of his poor form then what is he doing to be so dominate?

If he is indeed a donkey wouldn't he be tripping the Biopassport to get to this level?

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:
So if the story of Froome's huge Vo2 is fake and infection was not the cause of his poor form then what is he doing to be so dominate?

If he is indeed a donkey wouldn't he be tripping the Biopassport to get to this level?
One of the suggestions is that by having Bilharzia it has has the affect of skewing his BP results such that they become unsable i.e. Too much variation.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:

the testing numbers and anecdotes thereof are real. Hog really needs to pay a little respect and stop the propaganda and lies mate

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
So, that would be 2009?
According to Sky's PR BS department after/during Vuelta 2011 he got diagnosed in Kenya in 2010.
I would love to read those 'studies', but let me tell you this, you dont complete a Giro d'Italia/Tour de France when you have a parasite in you that feeds of red blood cells.
Lets stay to the facts. According to the SKY PR machine Froome had the Katayama syndrome bilharzia. If untreated for - according to your studies - since 2008 untill the end of 2010 there would be severe organ damage, you do know every year approximately 200.000 people die from this disease?

Further:
http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpost.php?p=1214839&postcount=1701A, the Aigle numbers myth, pity no one has ever seen them.

You mentioned de Giro Giro delle Regioni, where Froome took a stage. Well:
http://www.museociclismo.it/content/corse/tappa.php?cod=75770

Of course, a nice victory, but is this a sign of future greatness? The Bauke Mollema fanclub would agree of course, but the rest? In the high mountains of Tuscany?

Three weeks later he rides the Tour de Japan and loses 3 minutes on Fransesco Masciarelli in a MTT on Mount Fuji. Wondering why Fransesco hasnt podiumed a GT by now.
Edit: in the past of course, given his health problems of now

Well, everyone can look at the results, including B-worlds where the great Haijun Ma beat him, but this graph says all, at least to me.
http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/graphRiderHistory.asp?riderID=5789

It is pretty obvious something happened over the course of 2010/2011, it must be a coincidence just in that period Geert Leinders was appointed at Sky.
ypu and libertine seguros just assume everyone comes through the traditional pathways of lowlands spain british cycling track and starts doping at 16 and boom results like popo, protour/div1 teams as a neo on a fat contract.

its not always that way. riders from new zealand, south africa, canada, they all find much more difficulty getting the opportunites and rides, and their national federations underwriting their career when they are espoirs.

he was fortunate to get to aigle, then robertson at barlo, but he never had the ideal program for him. he showed his potential in his first tour at 23, much more than wiggins had ever demonstrated. wiggins could only climb like a pig in the autobus for his first decade in the pro peloton since linda mac. if wiggins was south african or new zealand or canadian he would be wrenching at an LBS and getting on the p@ss every night

TRENDING THREADS