• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 70 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Libertine Seguros said:
Thomas Frei ‏@thomasfrei 13m

I'll say to the people who don't believe, the cynics and the sceptics: I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles. *then link to the article in question*

Hahaha. That's a good one. :D

And that Froome article made me laugh out loud too. I know I shouldn't, but I can't help loving the guy and his chutzpah.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Froome on Cyclingnews said:
I saw last year that everything starts with a big winter of training. That’s been my model.”
Uhhhhhhhhhhh, really? A big block of wintertraining while having a relapse of bilharzia?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/jan/25/chris-froome-team-sky-tour-de-france
Friday 25 January 2013
Froome flew in earlier this week and revealed he recently underwent treatment for bilharzia. The tropical disease is caused by parasitic worms and has affected him before in recent years.

"In terms of that illness, I actually went for a check 10 days ago and found out that I did have to repeat the treatment again," he said. "It means these big pills that basically poison you and kill everything in your stomach and I took that in the last week. I am feeling much better now and hopefully I am in the clear for another six months or so.
Lets hope he doesnt get a relapse in the middle of the Tour. Not even mentioning the explanation on how the big pills work...

It is rather interesting how all these over 6 foot types are ending up around 150lbs. these days...with barely enough muscle to put in a teacup!
Didnt Hamilton say he was able to see his organs due to his dieting?

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty light if you go by 'scales and BMI' but I don't look anywhere near as skinny as these guys, I think a fair few of the weights given are inaccurate. I know quite a few triathletes who are similar to the weights/heights of those in the pro peloton but again they don't look as unhealthy, maybe its because the cyclists physiques are so unbalanced.

SundayRider said:
I'm pretty light if you go by 'scales and BMI' but I don't look anywhere near as skinny as these guys, I think a fair few of the weights given are inaccurate. I know quite a few triathletes who are similar to the weights/heights of those in the pro peloton but again they don't look as unhealthy, maybe its because the cyclists physiques are so unbalanced.

Actually my Bmi also is about 17, but I don't look nearly as skinny as the Chicken did. It's pretty weird.

Fearless Greg Lemond said:
Uhhhhhhhhhhh, really? A big block of wintertraining while having a relapse of bilharzia?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/jan/25/chris-froome-team-sky-tour-de-france
Lets hope he doesnt get a relapse in the middle of the Tour. Not even mentioning the explanation on how the big pills work...

Didnt Hamilton say he was able to see his organs due to his dieting?

Also, if its all down to winter training, how comes he was so amazing in 2011 and 2012 without the winter training.

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
staubsauger said:
Actually my Bmi also is about 17, but I don't look nearly as skinny as the Chicken did. It's pretty weird.

BMI is a very unreliable thing to use. Just compare your body fat percentage if you would like to compare.

For example I'm 1.70m and weight 60kg. My BMI is very low but I am not that thin at all. Just a small build. Bmi is just not reliable at all, fat percentage is.

webbie146 said:
BMI is a very unreliable thing to use. Just compare your body fat percentage if you would like to compare.

For example I'm 1.70m and weight 60kg. My BMI is very low but I am not that thin at all. Just a small build. Bmi is just not reliable at all, fat percentage is.

Aye BMI is a guide at best, and when applied to professional sportsmen it is way off, almost the entire Irish Rugby team would be classified as obese for example.

You know, I'm half allright with seeing these alien mutants flying up the cols like in the days of old. It's when they dominate 30k+ pancake ITT's that I tend to get annoyed.

(tho I'm as guilty of bias as the next guy, seeing as I used to hate Contador for that very fact, and yet now I'm cheering him on, coz he rides for "my" team)

Carstenbf said:
You know, I'm half allright with seeing these alien mutants flying up the cols like in the days of old. It's when they dominate 30k+ pancake ITT's that I tend to get annoyed.

(tho I'm as guilty of bias as the next guy, seeing as I used to hate Contador for that very fact, and yet now I'm cheering him on, coz he rides for "my" team)

The ideal scenario would be for the Dawg to lose 3 minutes in the opening week due to crashes.

Then he'll have to go full full genius to make up the time.

That would be excellent!

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
thehog said:
The ideal scenario would be for the Dawg to lose 3 minutes in the opening week due to crashes.

Then he'll have to go full full genius to make up the time.

That would be excellent!

That would be great for sure, but undoubtedly Brailsford will just set the cruise control to 450 watts and all the crashes will take place well behind Froome's black and blue motorcade.

I just hope Contador can stay out of harm's way until mountain time. Then we might at least have some kind of show.

May 26, 2011
Visit site
What chances for the spanish to form a 'Spanish Armada' and gang up v Skyborgs?

Conto, J-rod & Valv....and their 3 teams.

That i see is about the only possible way we are going to see an exciting TdF.

Otherwise i have visions of the Sky Train on that final climb in the daup. being repeated all month....

Alex76 said:
What chances for the spanish to form a 'Spanish Armada' and gang up v Skyborgs?

Conto, J-rod & Valv....and their 3 teams.

That i see is about the only possible way we are going to see an exciting TdF.

Otherwise i have visions of the Sky Train on that final climb in the daup. being repeated all month....

Maybe Cobo will have a return to form once he discovers that he’s suffered a blood disease since September 2011?

He could challenge Froome again?

thehog said:
More importantly what's going on with the heads at Team Sky?

Podium.jpg

I know Porte and Dawg are friends but they've got to stop sharing HGH.

I think they've both become 'mutant'.

Froome looks heavier than last year to me.

TRENDING THREADS