• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 77 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
JimmyFingers said:
If the clinic is for serious discussion of doping then discussions should be along those lines, not for example, posting a picture of a rider falling off his bike. Hilarious it may be, but totally irrelevant it certainly is, and I feel the modding should reflect that.

The shame is the mods virtually to a man enjoy that sort of trolling and often actively participate. The clue is in the word: you moderate discussions, you don't inflame by taking sides, as Parrulo and others are wont to do.

Hence why you're in the Vayer thread stating its only about "pretty colors"!

Very scientific of you Jimmy!

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
wirral said:
The clip of Wiggins crossing the line at 24'26" in that clip just emphasises he and Froome truly are from different planets on any plane you wish to imagine.

Hm. It comes I can only imagine the plane which you apparently see and know... Could u share the info?

Miburo listen up dude, whose tdf victory over on top form Contador would seem to you 100% legit?

FrankChickens said:
Winning a 200km TTT in South Africa, end of 2010 after his trip to Kenya where he's supposed to have picked it up. His team were grey-faced and cited Froome's efforts at the front as the reason. I've raced with a few of the guys on the team. Anyways, he was far from ill at that race.

Why did the Bilharzia story only emerge in 2011 post-Vuelta? Like some kind of backdated TUE? It's a serious disease and if he'd had it, we'd have heard about it before then.

Don't know anything about Bilharzia, but most diseases/infections/parasites, don't take affect immediately upon infection.

It might take a bit of time before symptoms become noticable.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
ToreBear said:
Don't know anything about Bilharzia, but most diseases/infections/parasites, don't take affect immediately upon infection.

It might take a bit of time before symptoms become noticable.

This. Also, symptoms depend on severity of the body's reaction. Like with Pfeiffer for example, its symptoms vary from person to person. It's not like every infected person turns into a zombie.

The only reason Froome should be suspicious is that his frequent recurrences of the disease are undocumented. That makes the whole theory of a made up disease more plausible. Then again, why didn't Sky just say he had Pfeiffer? It's much less complicated to explain Froome's performances with that illness.

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't think many people think Froome's disease is entirely ficticious, just very 'convenient' and probably exaggerated, and very suspicious of the fact a blood disease is the perfect mask for blood doping.

However it is a plausible story, no matter your cynicism, but no difficult to quantify the extent of its effect.

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Pentacycle said:
The only reason Froome should be suspicious is that his frequent recurrences of the disease are undocumented. That makes the whole theory of a made up disease more plausible. Then again, why didn't Sky just say he had Pfeiffer? It's much less complicated to explain Froome's performances with that illness.

Is that true?

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
This ****ing guy. The only thing funnier than seeing him vrooming around the France in the MJ would be to see him get popped before he even wins one.

Froome19 said:
He did say he was struggling with illness, though admittedly it never specified Bilharzia..:confused:

The convenience of the illness is used to explain his form prior to the 2011 Vuelta breakout.

Many elude that he actually had the disease prior. Which is rather impossible. Because you wouldn’t be finishing a GT if you had it. You wouldn’t even be walking.

His form was poor prior to the 2011 because it was a true reflection of what he was. The disease wasn’t slowing him down. It doesn’t come on in halves. You’ve either got it or you haven’t.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
FrankChickens said:
I know what a person with bilharzia looks like, and I also know first hand how Chris rides when he's supposed to be suffering from it.

Good for you. Maybe you'll be able to take over my job as an internist, then! I've treated people with Bilharzia, and I can't say that I know what a person with bilharzia looks like. They seem to come in all shapes, sizes and colors. Oh, you do know how he rides FIRST HAND no less, when his illness is in outbreak or in remittence? I believe Chris Froome knows this first hand, and you're not even remotely close enough to form an opinion second, third or fourth hand.
Your statement is pure BS.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Froome19 said:
Is that true?

It's often been referred to as a chest infection or a cough, but I can't remember reading about the exact hows and whens of what he's doing when he has a recurrence.

Just taking big pills and stuff. But what is he capable of, right in that period?

hektoren said:
Good for you. Maybe you'll be able to take over my job as an internist, then! I've treated people with Bilharzia, and I can't say that I know what a person with bilharzia looks like. They seem to come in all shapes, sizes and colors. Oh, you do know how he rides FIRST HAND no less, when his illness is in outbreak or in remittence? I believe Chris Froome knows this first hand, and you're not even remotely close enough to form an opinion second, third or fourth hand.

ok smarty pants.

How does one treat someone with bilharzia?

hektoren said:

As you seem to know what you're talking about, does bilharzia have a dormant phase where someone could have it without symptoms? Also, does one treatment cure it or is it a disease that can return after a period of time?

Thanks.

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
thehog said:
The convenience of the illness is used to explain his form prior to the 2011 Vuelta breakout.
Thanks never knew :eek:

Many elude that he actually had the disease prior. Which is rather impossible. Because you wouldn’t be finishing a GT if you had it. You wouldn’t even be walking.
He got it in December 2010, what GT did he finish?
And seriously don't make up that stuff about a disease if you haven't got the faintest first clue about it..;)

His form was poor prior to the 2011 because it was a true reflection of what he was. The disease wasn’t slowing him down. It doesn’t come on in halves. You’ve either got it or you haven’t.

It is caused by parasites, I am not a doctor and have no desire to be one, but I can only imagine that the medication destroys the parasites. Problem is that if doesn't destroy all of them then you have some left and they will reproduce and you have a problem again..

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Pentacycle said:
It's often been referred to as a chest infection or a cough, but I can't remember reading about the exact hows and whens of what he's doing when he has a recurrence.

Just taking big pills and stuff. But what is he capable of, right in that period?

He had a recurrence in 2011 Tour of California and then again in spring of 2012.