• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 106 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
the sceptic said:
How do you explain that sky are as good if not better than last year then? did they have another doc ready to jump in and replace him like nothing happened?

The onus is more on you and others to explain that since it was mainly said around here by many with near certainty that Leinders was the doping mastermind behind Wiggins and Sky's dominance last year.

gooner said:
He's not anywhere near on the same level as Ferrari or Fuentes who worked on a more wider scale with riders across many teams. This is known. Leinders has been known to work only with the team he has been employed by. This is fact and not baseless innuendo that he is working freelance away from it. Nothing whatsoever has been shown to say he worked outside of Rabobank for the 13 years he was there or the time he was at Sky. Unless you know something I don't.

Anything else said is just baseless speculation.

I'm not playing down his influence. I already said he was more along the lines of del Moral or Celaya than a Ferrari or Fuentes.

4 months ago people were telling Leinders knew nothing of dope and didn't administer a program at Rabo.

Even Sky were telling us that.

Now we find out he was the original no positives and put together sophisticated, systematic team wide doping program - with blood.

Ferrari was originally a team operator. Until he was booted and he became much more successful.

Leinders is on the same journey.

He's about to get a whole lot more wealthy.

If anything Ferrari is now damged goods.

Fuentes has the Spanish police breathing down his neck.

Leinders is the new kid in town.

He's about to clean up - pardon the pun.

The new talking points now is "he's no Ferrari" - seriously? Is that what we've come to?

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Froome 2006:
Men's Cross Country Commonwealth Games
1 1 ENG - KILLEEN Liam 2:13:11
22 26 KEN - KINJAH David OVL
24 20 KEN - FROOME Christopher Clive

[OVL=overlapped]
http://www.melbourne2006.com.au/Sch.../Result - CM0021XXXXXXXX?ScheduleItemID=30828

details:
Height (m / in) 1.75/5'8''
Weight (kg / lbs) 68/150

S-CADUTASLZB8786.jpg

S-CADUTASLZB8785.jpg

68 kilos

2008:
Chris-Froome-2008.jpg

2012:
Chris+Froome+Le+Tour+de+France+2012+Stage+eGtelVoWonvl.jpg

69 kilo according to the Sky website

I know his height at the Commonwealth is not correct, but if the weight is correct I just cant see how he gained one kilo while looking much skinnier.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
Froome 2006
details:
Weight (kg / lbs) 68/150

I know his height at the Commonwealth is not correct, but if the weight is correct I just cant see how he gained one kilo while looking much skinnier.

Does muscle not weigh more than fat?

2012:

Photos can be misleading. You can easily find photos where he looks "fatter" or more muscular.

Chris+Froome+Team+Sky+Portrait+Session+D0R72TaIWZAx.jpg

Froome_Chris_Dauphine12_st6-1.jpg

froome-marquee-659x440.jpg

Froome 2006:

[OVL=overlapped]
http://www.melbourne2006.com.au/Sch.../Result - CM0021XXXXXXXX?ScheduleItemID=30828

details:
Weight (kg / lbs) 68/150

I suppose you know that picture is not from Commonwealth, but the same year.

Weight deppend if they takeit in december or in July. It is obvious that today Froome is thinner than in Barlowold, but that not means always clearly a losse of weight

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Does muscle not weigh more than fat?

No and yes...

A kg of muscles weighs the same as a kg of fat.

However, muscle is 2 or 3 times denser than fat. Thus, for a given weight, a person with a higher proportion of muscle will occupy less volume and look thinner than the les muscular person.

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
I would hope anybody who calls themselves a doctor would stop this, issue warnings for health reasons, write a few articles etc, but no, not our team doctors. It all looks normal to them.

Are there any documented additional health issues with being as thin as Froome whilst eating and exercising as much as he does?

The key thing here is "additional". This is relative to the health risks already experienced by pro cyclists who are more heavily built, which are already quite considerable, given how hard they push themselves.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Von Mises said:
Photos can be misleading. You can easily find photos where he looks "fatter" or more muscular.
Its possible.

Giro 2010
giro-2010-st16-FROOME.jpg

to

266px-Christopher_Froome_TDF2012.JPG

MAybe it is the camera, I dont know. It looks like he lost a 'lot' of weight. Not gained a kilo. To me that is. I could be wrong.
Del1962 said:
Please don't spoil the clinic tradition of using photos as a form of distorting things, farbetter to post a photo and/or make a sarcastic comment than actualy having credible evidence
Hi Del, how about placing some evidence of your claim everyone stopped fuelling above 50&#37]Wasn't much of a break between the ITT and the XC. Only a day.[/QUOTE]I wasnt interested in the placings Ferminal. I found the weight a bit strange.

Froome 2006:

[OVL=overlapped]

details:
Weight (kg / lbs) 68/150

S-CADUTASLZB8786.jpg

Ohhhh!

I love this photo!

He might pull this move again at the Tour?

How many points to you get for knocking out an official?

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
thehog said:
Ohhhh!

I love this photo!
I dont, but, it were the only two pics I could find of 2006 Froome. A Froome that looks quite muscled at the time. No anorexic fellow like now. A healthy looking bloke. Just like the Giro 2010 fellow.

Yet he was around the same weight back then in comparison to now?

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Froome 2006:

[OVL=overlapped]

details:
Weight (kg / lbs) 68/150

S-CADUTASLZB8786.jpg

S-CADUTASLZB8785.jpg

68 kilos

2008:
Chris-Froome-2008.jpg

2012:

His GF already posted on twitter in may that he weighs 68KG and that was around 2 months ago. Probably lost a little bit extra since then.

I dont, but, it were the only two pics I could find of 2006 Froome. A Froome that looks quite muscled at the time. No anorexic fellow like now. A healthy looking bloke. Just like the Giro 2010 fellow.

Yet he was around the same weight back then in comparison to now?

I'm thinking Sky need to market a Dawg doll that turns into SuperDawg.

You pull the string he he instantly loses 10kg and can push a shopping cart up a mountain.

TRENDING THREADS