• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 123 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
maxmartin said:
Give Porte one more year to look like F:D

article-0-1A8BD3D3000005DC-822_634x410.jpg

creepiest photo ever

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
melkemugg said:
Its the picture for me that illustrates the difference the best, but i can maybe draw it as a drawing for you so it does not offend you as much? Im sorry if it turned into a cheap shot but i hoped my exaggeration, to illustrate a point, was more obvious.

I dont have any clear opinion of how a ideal GT-rider should look like. But i have a clear opinion on how a healthy human being should NOT look like. And i cant imagine how that is a silly thing to discuss. There are plenty of other sports that take these issues very serious, and i cant see why cycling shouldn't do that. Its easy to compare this to the ideals in fashion. How many future cycling hopes are turning anorexic before you think it stops being silly to discuss?

Even you will understand that extreme sports favor extreme qualities. In cycling power vs. weight is king. Take a look at 10 000m runners from Ethiopia or Kenya. Look healthy to you? They're a bag of bones with big lungs and heart, f'r chrissake. Take a look at world-class sprinters. Look healthy to you?
This whole debate, based on how Froome looks to people who've never been close to world-class elite athletes is just plain stupid, and you're a contributor to making us all a bit more stupid. Just stop.
Froome is primed and ready. Now let the race start. Unless he's found to be juiced on more than beetroot, he's clean. If people thinks it's possible to find dopers by looks only, there'd be no use for all million-dollar labs working for us.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
hektoren said:
Even you will understand that extreme sports favor extreme qualities. In cycling power vs. weight is king. Take a look at 10 000m runners from Ethiopia or Kenya. Look healthy to you? They're a bag of bones with big lungs and heart, f'r chrissake. Take a look at world-class sprinters. Look healthy to you?
This whole debate, based on how Froome looks to people who've never been close to world-class elite athletes is just plain stupid, and you're a contributor to making us all a bit more stupid. Just stop.
Froome is primed and ready. Now let the race start. Unless he's found to be juiced on more than beetroot, he's clean. If people thinks it's possible to find dopers by looks only, there'd be no use for all million-dollar labs working for us.
This posting is absolutely disgusting.

hektoren said:

Stop being obtuse. Contador is very thin. Froome is way way beyond that.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:

My wife is 172cm, and weighed 42 kg when I met her at 21. She's been like that all through her adult life and through three pregnancies. She eats a lot of pasta, chips, drink what I would consider a tall amount of wine, all the bad stuff you ain't supposed to eat and drink. She's 51 yrs old today, still at 42 kg, beats all but the top 1% of marathon runners her age, and she's extremely healthy. I know. I'm an internist.
Now, Chris Froome is a bit like my wife, though she's got tits and hasn't got that ugly mug, but what I find extremely annoying in your reply is that you have a pre-conceived notion of how an elite athlete should look like. Froome is clearly out-of-bounds for you, but as a physician close to elite athleticism I don't bat an eye-lid.
As I've stated: He's primed. He's the one who has to carry all excess weight through hoops and mountains for the next weeks. You don't. He's prepared, he knows what it takes, he has gone through all the machinations neccessary for one ultimate goal. You haven't. Now who the f*** are you to say for sure that he isn't healthy? That his looks reveals a certified doper? You just don't know. I don't know either, but by the look of Froome i can certainly say that he means business.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Mr. McQ said:
It simply shows determination

Something you likely never have felt

So you say an opposing view to the original posters, then you insult the poster. A lot of people would call that style of posting similar to the style a internet troll uses. ;)

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
the sceptic said:
world class sprinters and Kenyan long distance runners are known to be clean obviously

Well, as soon as they find picograms of dope in Kenyan long distance runners, I'll be thoroughly shamed, won't I. Go ahead!
Sprinters is another matter entirely. But good and clean sprinters with a beneficial composition of fast-twitch fibers in their muscles tend to look like the Hulk, nevertheless.

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
Ripper said:
As I noted in the Sky thread, le Tour starts tomorrow. I might need to bug out of the forum for the next 3 weeks.

It's gonna get full genius. I just don't know if I can handle the idiocy.

:eek: :)
Handle it with caustic and surreptitious sarcasm and you will do well my son!:D

Ripper said:
As I noted in the Sky thread, le Tour starts tomorrow. I might need to bug out of the forum for the next 3 weeks.

It's gonna get full genius. I just don't know if I can handle the idiocy.

:eek: :)

What is scary is that not only is the dawg the favorite to win the TDF, he is the overwhelming favorite.

How did cycling get itself into this situation?

As you say, it is going to be a looooong 3 weeks.

frenchfry said:
What is scary is that not only is the dawg the favorite to win the TDF, he is the overwhelming favorite.

How did cycling get itself into this situation?

As you say, it is going to be a looooong 3 weeks.

Imagine if, at the end of the 2011 Tour, on Cadel Evans' victory parade, somebody told you Chris Froome would be the favourite to win the 2013 Tour.

You'd have had second thoughts about the cheese and mushroom baguette you just ate.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
hektoren said:
Well, as soon as they find picograms of dope in Kenyan long distance runners, I'll be thoroughly shamed, won't I. Go ahead!
Sprinters is another matter entirely. But
good and clean sprinters with a beneficial composition of fast-twitch fibers in their muscles tend to look like the Hulk, nevertheless.
Isn't this just made up?

hektoren said:
My wife is 172cm, and weighed 42 kg when I met her at 21. She's been like that all through her adult life and through three pregnancies. She eats a lot of pasta, chips, drink what I would consider a tall amount of wine, all the bad stuff you ain't supposed to eat and drink. She's 51 yrs old today, still at 42 kg, beats all but the top 1% of marathon runners her age, and she's extremely healthy. I know. I'm an internist.
Now, Chris Froome is a bit like my wife, though she's got tits and hasn't got that ugly mug, but what I find extremely annoying in your reply is that you have a pre-conceived notion of how an elite athlete should look like. Froome is clearly out-of-bounds for you, but as a physician close to elite athleticism I don't bat an eye-lid.
As I've stated: He's primed. He's the one who has to carry all excess weight through hoops and mountains for the next weeks. You don't. He's prepared, he knows what it takes, he has gone through all the machinations neccessary for one ultimate goal.
You haven't. Now who the f*** are you to say for sure that he isn't healthy? That his looks reveals a certified doper? You just don't know. I don't know either, but by the look of Froome i can certainly say that he means business.

that basically.

Seriously hektoren you say your wife has tits:eek: I find that hard to believe when she's so severely underweight. I shudder to think what your wife looks like (I'm sure she's very pretty but that weight - damn). A friend of mine is 160cm and 45 kg. She's super skinny and actually underweight. And your wife is 12 cm taller and 3kg lighter :eek:

I almost feel like a fatty now, more or less same height as your wife but 25 kg heavier:eek::D

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
hektoren said:
As I've stated: He's primed. He's the one who has to carry all excess weight through hoops and mountains for the next weeks. You don't. He's prepared, he knows what it takes, he has gone through all the machinations neccessary for one ultimate goal. You haven't. Now who the f*** are you to say for sure that he isn't healthy? That his looks reveals a certified doper? You just don't know. I don't know either, but by the look of Froome i can certainly say that he means business.

As opposed to Porte who looks like he half assed the training. Will most likely collapse during the first stage because he hasn't gone through all the machinations!

The good old "those are ELITE ATHLETES and you're a fat coach potato. You don't know anything about HARD WORK!" argument sure is convincing. :rolleyes:

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Imagine if, at the end of the 2011 Tour, on Cadel Evans' victory parade, somebody told you Chris Froome would be the favourite to win the 2013 Tour.

You'd have had second thoughts about the cheese and mushroom baguette you just ate.

What about does it tell? Inability to predict the future disappoint you, the Tour favoritism is something that should be suffered out through many years and Froome doesn't match it, anything else?

airstream said:
What about does it tell? Inability to predict the future disappoint you, the Tour favoritism is something that should be suffered out through many years and Froome doesn't match it, anything else?

Your girls have been rollerskiing up the Passo Torre di Fraele, which is pretty cool, but they're having to do it repeatedly to match up to the French girls, who were rollerskiing up the Gavia.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
what is it about probability airstream just doesn't get? like, if Aston Villa wins the English premier league next season and people comment on how incredibly unlikely that was, would airstream go:

"huh? the future is unpredictable! there was no reason to believe they wouldn't beat manchester united, man city and chelsea!"

So guys might be micro doping now, but what hard evidence do we have that sky are doping bar really good performances, they did have dodgy doctor working with them for while but hes gone now.

least with lance their was mud that would stick.

TRENDING THREADS