• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 125 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Dude calm down. She is underweight. That doesn't mean she's not healthy, that doesn't mean she's about to die, just that she's too light for her height. In her case, she's probably among the 1% that doesn't get health issues at a very low weight. Froome however, because he looked perfectly normal a few year ago, probably isn't.

And yes I expect a marathon runner to have a normal bmi. My dad runs marathons. A friend of mine runs marathons. They're at a normal weight.

As is the majority of the peloton. Including Froome. It's just his transformation that's so remarkable.

So yea I do know what I'm talking about.

BMI is not a accurate way to see if a person is 'underweight' or not. I'm a guy, 1.70m and weight 61kg. My BMI is probably pretty low, but I'm not underweight at all. Just have a rather small frame..

To determine is someone is underweight ore not use body-fat percentage.

For example a guy that goes to the gym 3 times a week will have a high BMI, but that's just muscle tissue. BMI is just a ****ty way to determine if someone is underweight, fat, ore 'normal/healthy'.

It's impossible for u to determine someone wife is 'underweight' because she has a low BMI lol

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure this has already been mentioned but just to make sure.

Apperently there's a clip of Froome in the WC ITT of Salzburg (2006) where he crashed hard against a person when he just started :D

hektoren said:
And for the breast-fixated clinic-dwellers inquiring about her breasts, they're a healthy pair of 38C according to my wife. I'd have guessed 38E(longated) but that's another story altogether.

I am going ahead and call BS on this.

The number in a bra size is measurement under the breast so you are telling us that your wife has a chest 96.5 cm wide without even including her breasts even tho she only weights 42?

According to you, your wife is the same height as me ( ya tall fella here) and weights the same as my 1.55 cm high sister who already is pretty damn slim.

So either your wife has the most weirdly shaped body on the planet, or she is missing some limbs in order to bring her weight down ( marginal gains and all that)

Oh and just for reference, my 155cm, 42kg sister wears a 32B bra because 30's are hard to find. And a few friends of mine all between 165/170 and 50/60 wear 32's or 34's.

Anyway to try to put all of this into the context of the topic, i think you are trying the hardest you can to justify froome's physical condition by posting some damn easy to spot BS.

frazetta_stickwoman.jpg

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Miburo said:
I'm sure this has already been mentioned but just to make sure.

Apperently there's a clip of Froome in the WC ITT of Salzburg (2006) where he crashed hard against a person when he just started :D

Some troll tried to argue that his 32th place finish proves that he has a big engine. Whatever that means.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
hektoren said:
You forget that BMI is a Body Mass Index. An Index, which might give you an INDICATION, but definitely isn't chapter and verse of lives lived. Get a grip: My wife isn't underweight. She's slimmer than most, granted, she doesn't fit the standard, granted, but she's just perfect for her biological potential. Never sick, bred three perfectly healthy kids, performs in her job at a steady 150% of what's expected (intensive care nurse), has time for her friends 24/7/365 in times of need, is vivacious, graceful and delicious. Who are you to call her "underweight"? By amassing weight alone, you deem that she'd be better in which way, exactly? I told you that she runs marathons, and is really good at it. Do you really expect marathon runners to have a BMI that's "normall" according to you?
What is normal about cycling the TdF for three weeks, BTW? Do you really expect the peloton to fit the average BMI? Buck off! You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

Only in the Clinic is the physical characteristics of a 50yo woman used as proof that a TdF cyclist isn't doping! :rolleyes:

Shardi said:
Why are you even discussing female breasts and weights,, neither is related to froome...

Well the weight discussion is very much related to Froome and the wife/breasts discussion just shows the type of desperate illogical arguments some of the sky defenders have to come up with in order to justify Sky's and Froome's performances.

Honestly since the Kimmage EBH question the clinic feels just like back in the day.

I wonder how long will it take until we have material for mix tape 2.0

https://soundcloud.com/cosmocatalano/the-chair-that-youre-sitting

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
this thread is brilliant.

it's interesting to see the picture of EBH next to Froome. EBH does not look "professional" in comparison, and maybe this is why Brailsford thought it ok to publicly state EBH wasn't so talented like Froome right in front of both of them. personally, with his talents i think EBH should be called "the god particle" (higgs boson reference), and maybe that name would be fitting if he got on the same program and lost about 5-7 kilos.

this business of a 172cm 42kg lady with 38C breasts is too much!

i would like to point out that Mara Abbot is more vascular and even leaner looking than Froome. granted, she has an eating disorder, but eating disorders are not banned. maybe that is the road Froome has figured he has to go down?

A wife with 172 cm, 42 kg and 38C or 38E bra size?
Yeah, she probably looks like the pic from BroDeal
I am probably mortally obese next to this incredible wife (182 cm 68kg)

Edit: Parullo, your sister could be a great photomodel :p She's way too short for modelling in podium though

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
The man run out on the pave straight ahead of Froome. Overwhelming majority of the riders couldn't avoid such a crashm, because it's impossible. However only Froome's case meets so much fun and evil enthusiasm. It is in a CN petty spirit

airstream said:
The man run out on the pave straight ahead of Froome. Overwhelming majority of the riders couldn't avoid such a crashm, because it's impossible. However only Froome's case meets so much fun and evil enthusiasm. It is in a CN petty spirit

um

WTF is this in the clinic for? I know you like trolling the pages wrt Froome, but still ...

Taking the mick

hektoren said:
No, you just don't grasp the concept of the BMI. Low weight, check. UNDERWEIGHT, uncheck. Underweight means she should bulk up to fit a criterium you have decided is the optimum.
Paula Radcliffe was 173 and 54 kg. Rosa Mota was 1.57, 45kg, you can check the BMI of elite marathon runners, and among the top 10 for women, BMI is between 16.6 and 18.2. My wife is at 14.2, which is less, granted, but it's what a normal, full life with a busy schedule has left her at. You might call it underweight, but it's normal FOR HER. Underweight means a lot of trouble. She ain't got them. And for the breast-fixated clinic-dwellers inquiring about her breasts, they're a healthy pair of 38C according to my wife. I'd have guessed 38E(longated) but that's another story altogether.

Interesting as I was about to google Radcliffe's stats....I,m also 174cm and 53kg. BUT 38C breasts !!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????

Now that's when I knew HEKTOREN you were making all this up ! no way can a woman, yet alone a marathon runner have those size breasts !! Her breasts alone would weigh 5kgs.:):)

When you are so slim you have very small boobs !! now quit with the trolling.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
Cycle Chic said:
Interesting as I was about to google Radcliffe's stats....I,m also 174cm and 53kg. BUT 38C breasts !!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????

Now that's when I knew HEKTOREN you were making all this up ! no way can a woman, yet alone a marathon runner have those size breasts !! Her breasts alone would weigh 5kgs.:):)

When you are so slim you have very small boobs !! now quit with the trolling.

Hektoren could always prove it.

Then again I can prove what a natural ectomorph with an amazing metabolism looks like. One who has a superb aerobic and anaerobic engine and a natural born sportsman.

I just need to take a picture of my younger brother. He's like a shorter version of Andy Schleck. 20 years old, almost 5'10", so make that 5'9.5" or a bit over 176cm. He thought he was 60kg and over. Nope. 55kg. Sits around gaming all the time and eats fat, sugar and all kinds of junk. It does nothing to him. Former state cross country runner and yes, he can sprint faster than anyone I've ever met as well. He was pushing out a 15 in a beep test in year 8 and stopped because he got bored.

My youngest brother is naturally very thin. Heck my nickname in school was Stixy and he's thinner than I ever was and taller. Hektoren's wife...whatever. I don't buy it. I don't have to. Good for him and her. Irrelevant. Froome is not legit and natural. He has dropped substantial weight unnaturally with drug assistance. My brother is a natural pure ectomorph. I am a combination ectomorph and mesomorph. Froome is odd. Him and Gesink don't look right. Hesjedal doesn't look too good either. Evans, Vino, Gilbert almost look fat next to them. It's not normal. Why? Because if you're naturally that way, you're like my brother. Always like that. Froome's before Vuelta 2011 build looks more like my other brothers build. A lot more muscle mass and fat...minus the ridiculous limb length of course.

And yes, my youngest brother is almost pure muscle. Plus he is a lot stronger than he looks. A lot stronger. Also he doesn't have veins popping out of his arms like he's just got his pump on. Froome has been obvious for a long time now.

rip it up and start again.............

Ripper said:
um

WTF is this in the clinic for? I know you like trolling the pages wrt Froome, but still ...

ripper..............'tis here because posters have previously dragged up

this old video as evidence of froomes inability to time trial

just like the video of froomey 'zig zagging' uphill as evidence of his

'doping'

like the childish pics of froomey seperated at birth from aliens

airstream is correct to call such for the bs it is 'filler' introduced by

those who are not so keen on froomey where facts are absent

Mark L

webbie146 said:
BMI is not a accurate way to see if a person is 'underweight' or not. I'm a guy, 1.70m and weight 61kg. My BMI is probably pretty low, but I'm not underweight at all. Just have a rather small frame..

To determine is someone is underweight ore not use body-fat percentage.

For example a guy that goes to the gym 3 times a week will have a high BMI, but that's just muscle tissue. BMI is just a ****ty way to determine if someone is underweight, fat, ore 'normal/healthy'.

It's impossible for u to determine someone wife is 'underweight' because she has a low BMI lol

I suggest you have a look in a dictionary and figure out the definition of "underweight". By the way at 170 cm and 61 kg your BMI isn't pretty low at all (21).

BMI isn't perfect but it is a nice guideline. A BMI of 17 could still be normal.14.2 however...

Imo BMI is underrated. Doctors and dietitians use BMI all the time to determine if someone's overweight or underweight.

TRENDING THREADS