• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 141 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I don't. It looked to me like a lot of the riders left in Sky's wake were post-biopassport (ie, mostly clean, if not entirely clean) type efforts. Really struggling to get to the line. Berti may be the best example, but Cadel, Andy, Tejay as well.

This is not to imply only Sky is charged, or all their riders are, but what we witnessed speaks for itself.

Now if you're saying the UCI is corrupt and will try to look the other way...

autologous said:
Will there ever be a tour winner that will be as little appreciated, even reviled, by as many people? This is pouring acid into the Tour's still-festering Armstrong sore.

You could see it in Sean Kelly's eyes during his cyclenews interview. He said the tour was over, but he wasn't saying it in a celebratory way, or even an admiring way. Just a sense of resignation, almost sad.

The stream I was watching switched to the RAI post race coverage. Even there the mood was somber, even though there is no Italian in contention.

The fanboys and sycophants will enjoy it. But how hollow it must be. So hollow that their primary enjoyment is not from the "achievement" of Froome, but from the effect that "achievement" has on others.

I was watching RTP2( portuguese channel) and Marco Chagas, which is a former 4 time winner of the volta a portugal back when it was 2 weeks/2weeks and a half along some other important races, simply said "I wish i could belive, but this is starting to be too good to be true and i wouldn't be surprised to see another armstrong scenario"

When a commentator goes straight to the point like this, you can see something is wrong.

Parrulo said:
I was watching RTP2( portuguese channel) and Marco Chagas, which is a former 4 time winner of the volta a portugal back when it was 2 weeks/2weeks and a half along some other important races, simply said "I wish i could belive, but this is starting to be too good to be true and i wouldn't be surprised to see another armstrong scenario"

When a commentator goes straight to the point like this, you can see something is wrong.
The RAI commentators instead were looking like they were in the PRR section :D They really wanted to say it...

Cookster15 said:
So you don't think Sky is on anything unique - just that UCI are looking the other way with Sky? Wow I hope not if so what hope is there for this sport.

They don't need to be on anything unique. The UCI just has to ignore the suspicious->positive results and enforce the actual rules with everyone else.

In Armstrong's case there were frequent suspicious results that reflect Tailwind's doping prowess. They were good at it! On top of that though, you had positives that never left the APMU.

No rule against ignoring a positive. Just blame it on software configuration.

Lots of opportunities for the UCI to tilt the scale in Froome/Porte's favor.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
The last time I remember seeing a race leader look that fresh after a very tough GT stage was Contador when he won on top of the Angliru in 2008.

David Millar @millarmind

Well, @TeamSky rode a perfect race, and for the record, I believe they are clean and they deserve respect and admiration for it.

Nothing to see here, move on!

The fact that he needs to point out that he believes them to be clean speaks its own story.

The apologists has some busy couple of weeks now thats for sure.

pastronef said:
Michelle Cound @michellecound

Could I stand by, claiming how proud I am, supporting & cheering Chris all the way if there was even a possibility he was doping? Hell no!

Oh Michelle.

She loves Froome the person, not Froome the cyclist, right?

Or is she claiming to be morally superior to Mrs Basso, Mrs Ulrich, Mrs Contador, Mrs Valverde and Mrs Kloden?

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Michelle Cound ‏@michellecound 1h
The trolls are out in full force today... water off a ducks back!

I love how she uses the Lance/Johan term to describe non-fans/those who don;t believe in miracles.

TRENDING THREADS