• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 142 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 27, 2012
Visit site
Lets go ahead and list the reasons Froome climbed almost as fast as Armstrong on AX3:

Earlier in the race
Wind conditions
Temperature conditions
Superior training techniques
Lighter bikes
Warm downs
Cadence
Pedaling efficiency
Ritchie Porte pushing him in training
He's from Kenya

Now, all of those who think that was normal can just lurk. No need to write anything as I did the work for you. You're welcome.

truth

never believed in cadel..............never believed in wiggo.............never
believed in.................

while i have never really stuck up for team sky i have always called for reservation highlighting absurd claims against clean team sky

but i laughed out loud when froomey sped away today

i remember saying about lance.............i will give him this 'he knows how to bury himself'

today froomey buried himself good

Mark L

May 26, 2009
Visit site
ChewbaccaD said:
Lets go ahead and list the reasons Froome climbed almost as fast as Armstrong on AX3:

Earlier in the race
Wind conditions
Temperature conditions
Lighter bikes
Warm downs
Cadence
Pedaling efficiency

Now, all of those who think that was normal can just lurk. No need to write anything as I did the work for you. You're welcome.

You missed out pillows and hand washing.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
ebandit said:
never believed in cadel..............never believed in wiggo.............never
believed in.................

while i have never really stuck up for team sky i have always called for reservation highlighting absurd claims against clean team sky

but i laughed out loud when froomey sped away today

i remember saying about lance.............i will give him this 'he knows how to bury himself'

today froomey buried himself good

Mark L

Man, if you're questioning the ride, sh!t is getting out of hand.

Parrulo said:
I was watching RTP2( portuguese channel) and Marco Chagas, which is a former 4 time winner of the volta a portugal back when it was 2 weeks/2weeks and a half along some other important races, simply said "I wish i could belive, but this is starting to be too good to be true and i wouldn't be surprised to see another armstrong scenario"

When a commentator goes straight to the point like this, you can see something is wrong.
Also, Marco Chagas was a doper too. Just adding this because it's important. I like his comments, much better than Eurosport.

pastronef said:
Michelle Cound @michellecound

Could I stand by, claiming how proud I am, supporting & cheering Chris all the way if there was even a possibility he was doping? Hell no!

Reminds me of wiggins comments about whether teams should be allowed to ride the tour if there is even a remote possibility that the doctors they employ have a shady past. (by shady see - doped 1 of the biggest teams in the sport for a decade)

Kinda changed his opinion on that pretty soon after.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
BYOP88 said:
You missed out pillows and hand washing.

The really hilarious thing is that the blueprint goes back even beyond Sky - 1980, PDM adopt skinsuits for team time trial, check hotels, have own pillows, own chef, are meticulous in preparation - and we all know how they turned out

Someone really really should talk to Wiggins old mechanic

ChewbaccaD said:

Earlier in the race
Wind conditions
Temperature conditions
Lighter bikes
Warm downs
Cadence
Pedaling efficiency
He's from Kenya

They "killing themselves" on training? It can all be summed up as marginal gains.

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Netserk said:
The whole forum was down for everyone between 3 and 4 hours :eek:

The Nazgûl have been unleashed in their full power, just like mad dawgs in the hunting for the one ring to bing them all, taking down everything that steps in their way.

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
Cycle Chic said:

Froome passes radar #1 :04 seconds better than Armstrong/Ullrich 2003

AX 3 Domaines
70 kg standard performance:

2001 Laiseka 456W.....23:05
2001 Armstrong 455W.....23:07
2013 Chris Froome.....23:14 [450W?]
2003 Armstrong/Ullrich 448W.....23:18
2003 Zubeldia 447W.....23:20
2005 Basso 445W.....23:20
2005 Armstrong 445W.....23:32
2010 Menchov 440W.....23:46
2010 Sanchez 440W.....23:46
2010 Contador 434W.....24:01

Even Porte's 24:05 "barely" misses this list!

May 27, 2012
Visit site
This my friends, is how you get in the Troll Hall of Fame:

11gobcn.jpg

trevim said:
Also, Marco Chagas was a doper too. Just adding this because it's important. I like his comments, much better than Eurosport.
Chagas is a good commentator, whereas Portuguese Eurosport has Paulo Martins, and no matter how hard he tries Luis Piçarra will sadly never fully succeed in getting Martins to shut up and learn something once in a while.
ChewbaccaD said:
This my friends, is how you get in the Troll Hall of Fame:

11gobcn.jpg

That explains the forum downtime: the discovery that thehog is in fact Michelle Cound caused so much bewilderment that the forum was unable to compute it.

FroomeDawgs Song

1999 - Prince

I was dreamin' when I wrote this
Forgive me if it goes astray

But when I woke up this mornin'
Coulda sworn it was judgment day

The sky was all purple
There were people runnin' everywhere

Tryin' 2 run from the destruction
U know I didn't even care

'Cuz they say two thousand zero zero party over
Oops out of time