• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 143 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Libertine Seguros said:
Chagas is a good commentator, whereas Portuguese Eurosport has Paulo Martins, and no matter how hard he tries Luis Piçarra will sadly never fully succeed in getting Martins to shut up and learn something once in a while.

That explains the forum downtime: the discovery that thehog is in fact Michelle Cound caused so much bewilderment that the forum was unable to compute it.

It was actually Richie's SRM which caused problems with the forum. He also almost took out the tour helicopter his watts were so high.

ChewbaccaD said:
This my friends, is how you get in the Troll Hall of Fame:

11gobcn.jpg

I saw that on Twitter and almost spit my iced-tea out. Lol.

I wonder what she will be clinging to during the inevitable A and B sample announcement.

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
armchairclimber said:
Have you all calmed down yet? :D

Ross Tucker has, shall we say, raised an eyebrow. Me too, as it happens. After Wiggo won it clean last year, it would be a shame if Froomedawg blotted the copybook.
If I was Brailsford I would be getting twitchy about Froome destroying my legacy. He's looking like a positive test waiting to happen, like Riccardo Riccò on uppers, and if he goes down he takes half of BC with him.

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Zam_Olyas said:
Some of us can now agree with The hog {the belgian one} maybe for the first time ever :p he also thinks the winner is decided barring accidents or illness. :D

Jup Bruyneel on twitter: "Barring illness, crash or bad luck, today we know who"s going to win the 2013 Tour de France."

well what can I say... he's right

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
ChewbaccaD said:
Lets go ahead and list the reasons Froome climbed almost as fast as Armstrong on AX3:

Earlier in the race
Wind conditions
Temperature conditions
Superior training techniques
Lighter bikes
Warm downs
Cadence
Pedaling efficiency
Ritchie Porte pushing him in training
He's from Kenya

Now, all of those who think that was normal can just lurk. No need to write anything as I did the work for you. You're welcome.

Aero Helmets
Rapha kit

The remaining advantage.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
I LOVE IT. NO MORE DULL TOURS. :D

I guess the clinic exploded already, or did it implode? :p

Go Froome. :)

P.S.: Great call "Hog". Your call was 100%. Hope you made some bucks off it... If so, Congrats!

WOW! The clinic indeed did implode. The time it happened i was just kidding. Well, the real life is better than fiction or comedy. :D
So Froome-Baby (& Porte) did not only one thing, but two: He/Them shattered the peloton and the clinic.
I am stunned. Seriuosly.

Go Froome. I love it.

Actually: What did really happen, after we all cooled down? Froome gained one minute on Ten Dam and Mollema. And on a (maybe) now "clean" Valv-Piti. That´s hardly surpising. AC riding clean showed his real "talent", which is ordinary when riding w/o the help of BBs.
After all, i still believe Sky/Froome isn´t doing worse things than others. It just shows that the old dopers are unremarkable riders...

May 26, 2010
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
WOW! The clinic indeed did implode. The time it happened i was just kidding. Well, the real life is better than fiction or comedy. :D
So Froome-Baby (& Porte) did not only one thing, but two: He/Them shattered the peloton and the clinic.
I am stunned. Seriuosly.

Go Froome. I love it.

Actually: What did really happen, after we all cooled down? Froome gained one minute on Ten Dam and Mollema. And on a (maybe) now "clean" Valv-Piti. That´s hardly surpising. AC riding clean showed his real "talent", which is ordinary when riding w/o the help of BBs.
After all, i still believe Sky/Froome isn´t doing worse things than others. It just shows that the old dopers are unremarkable riders...

So they are doping, but better at it or they have the UCI in their pocket like USPS so no problems with any positives turning up?

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
No_Balls said:
I am pleased to see there are more in here who have seen through the fraud Foxxy. Pretending that he is a noble fighter against doping when all that matters to guys like him is that it is the "right" (no matter if he is doped) guy who wins.

Look... i am against doping and unfair competition in life (no matter being it sports, business, politics, or social life). OTOH, i live in the real world. That´s not the paradise. So i am used how to look at pro sports...
Froome is not the "right" guy for me BTW. I am always suspicious, espcially in cycling and NFL football (just ask "Alpe" or search my posts).
All i ever said is i don´t think/believe Sky/Froome is doing different things than others do. Froome is plausible. Sky is plausible. It´s possible that they found an edge in the "grey zone" over the competition. AND, today just showed what formerly heavy doped riders are capable of doing: just doing ordinary things.

Again, that is my opinion. No one have to suscribe to it. But i´d like pipo think about different opinions than to cry "cheat, cheat, cheat".

Just fair play.

So yes, i believe in Froome´s performance being realish, being cleanish. Yes, i think he just came out of nowhere, b/c the old dopers destroyed the real competition over two decades. Yes, i believe Froome skyrocketed after the old dopers are fearing now. Yes, Froome is not unusal, since he was still only 26 when crushing into the scene of GT-riders (given his unusual career path). Yes, i believe in the efforts of cycling trying to get rid of the worst forms of unfair advantages like doping (other than soccer, tennis, NFL, etc., who don´t give a s...t). Yes, i believe UCI is backed to the wall, so they try to do something (other than FIFA, IOC, NFL, MLB, FIA, and so on).
SO, yes, i do believe and like Chris Froome. Yes, i feel he is the second coming of Ullrich (regarding his riding style, not his doping). He is likeable, i do admit to it (since 2011).

But in the end, i wouldn´t be surprised if he gets busted. B/C it´s still pro sports we speak of.

Until then (if the day ever comes), pipo should relax and enjoy the show. Froome is the real deal, as i said more than one year ago.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
youre right, riding at 6.5w/kg almost as fast as the mega juiced Armstrong is completely normal and happens all the time. Time to close the thread and move on.