• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 144 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
the sceptic said:
youre right, riding at 6.5w/kg almost as fast as the mega juiced Armstrong is completely normal and happens all the time. Time to close the thread and move on.

And the old dopers are not doping anymore, yeah sure, there will be unicorns waiting at the top of all the mountains on tomorrows stage........

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
What an athlete!

Embrace it, its the future and ohhh what a great future its going to be.

All this nonsense talk :rolleyes:, this is what a proper pure rider looks like, what a star Chris Froome is, amazing :)

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Froome_Beast said:
What an athlete!

All this nonsense talk :rolleyes:, this is what a proper pure rider looks like, what a star Chris Froome is, amazing :)

'this is what a proper pure rider looks like', a stick insect on a bike, wow didn't the rest of the peloton get the memo?

May 26, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
1 year ago? Funny how all those who "saw" Froomes talent have said so in the last 22 months. No one came out to say it pre 2011 Vuelta. Funny that.

Surely Brailsford when he offered Froome that £100k contract before the '11 Vuelta saw the talent? :D

Froome_Beast said:
What an athlete!

I joined in july 2012 because I thought what I was witnessing was so suspicious I had to find out if other people felt the same way.

What I don't understand is all the people joining after "dominant" stages to defend and praise froome/sky.

If I find no reason to doubt a performance and I'm happy about it, my first reaction is NOT to go check if anyone thinks that it's not deserved. That's almost masochistic.

Benotti69 said:
'this is what a proper pure rider looks like', a stick insect on a bike, wow didn't the rest of the peloton get the memo?

Man do you get wound up easy. (you and a couple of others)

I could probably make an account called "this_is_a_wind_up", admit to being a troll, then create a thread saying that froome must be clean because hes passed 500 drugs tests, and within a few hours it would have a good 200 responses.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:

I could probably make an account called "this_is_a_wind_up", admit to being a troll, then create a thread saying that froome must be clean because hes passed 500 drugs tests, and within a few hours it would have a good 200 responses.

I aint wound up Hitchy, just enjoying posting, you?

The Hitch said:

:) they're not trolls when they end up coming here after every sky performance for a whole year just to repeat the same things like " I saw the potential back in 1964 when brailsford was born"

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
1 year ago? Funny how all those who "saw" Froomes talent have said so in the last 22 months. No one came out to say it pre 2011 Vuelta. Funny that.

No, no, Hitch... You know it. We had the same discussion on Froome 1+ year ago*. Actually it was after the Vuelta. Please be sincere.

I know i am one of the few ever-sceptics (if not the only one) actually defending Froome (i guess many are surprised of this, or even annoyed). I know i am fighting against windmills like Don Quixote. But deep in my heart i know i am doing the right thing. B/C he is the real deal...

* about his evolution, why (in my opinion it´s possible) to grow so fast, how i could compare it to AC, how the numbers speak for him being cleanish and so on...

P.S.: As i am going trou all the posts here, it´s getting not normal. RR started with Froome doing 6.25 w/kg, now, as the time moves on, we approach 6.5 w/kg. Please guys, cool down, and do a rational discussion...

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Cookster15 said:
Exactly. After today we can throw this "marginal" gains rubbish in the waste bin. Nothing "marginal" about what was demonstrated today it was complete annihilation.

Now, what do people here think Froome / Sky are on and can other teams catch up to the Arms race? I've seen a few theories but no clear trend or consensus view in the Clinic.
aicar is the start if gene doping. and they are not the only team with these new stick figure bodies.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Even before today Froome should have been the subject of some serious targeted ooc testing.
He certainly won't be using Lance "Most tested athlete" defence.With his meteoric rise from obscurity I doubt he has been tested 50 times.
It is hard to make sense out if Sky's preparation.Super effective for Froome,Porte and Rogers,no effect for EBH,negative for JTL?

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
No, no, Hitch... You know it. We had the same discussion on Froome 1+ year ago*. Actually it was after the Vuelta. Please be sincere.

I know i am one of the few ever-sceptics (if not the only one) actually defending Froome (i guess many are surprised of this, or even annoyed). I know i am fighting against windmills like Don Quixote. But deep in my heart i know i am doing the right thing. B/C he is the real deal...

* about his evolution, why (in my opinion it´s possible) to grow so fast, how i could compare it to AC, how the numbers speak for him being cleanish and so on...

P.S.: As i am going trou all the posts here, it´s getting not normal. RR started with Froome doing 6.25 w/kg, now, as the time moves on, we approach 6.5 w/kg. Please guys, cool down, and do a rational discussion...

Froome just put two DpVAM bars solidly up

on AX3 going

4.5% faster than the 2008-2013 GT baseline

and

1.9% faster than the 2002-2007 dopers

(based on the Scott Richards regressions

http://www.cyclismas.com/biscuits/what-will-it-take-to-beat-chris-froome/)

time wise

our 2008-2013 model predicted a time of

24:16

our 2002-2007 model predicted a time of

23:41

Froome went

23:14

(3rd fastest of all time)

this would have put have put him

elbow to elbow with

2001 Armstrong 23:07

and

AHEAD uv

2003 Jan Ulrich 23:18

2005 Ivan Basso 23:20

before the headwind in the final flat stretch

lr.com/post/54770388624/tour-de-france-2013-stage-8-dpvam-ax3-warning-shot

Oh, and Mr. Froome looked good doing it!;)

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Has Armstrong tweeted anything. I would think he would be having a field day with this.

Lance is still stuck in his own little bubble. Its a shame cause he could become a legendary troll if he just embraces his position as the evil villain and starts tweeting about sky and the UCI.

the sceptic said:
Lance is still stuck in his own little bubble. Its a shame cause he could become a legendary troll if he just embraces his position as the evil villain and starts tweeting about sky and the UCI.

I expect something like, "Remember when I said it was impossible to win the Tour without doping. I stand by that. #stage8"

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
the sceptic said:

I always wondered why riders don't just speak their mind after doping confessions, theres nothing left for him to lose so why not question the legitimacy of the Sky team?

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Bottom line is this isn't a 'Wiggins' performance so far. And what I mean there is that there hasn't been that dramatic a rise in performance from one year to the next like we saw from Wiggins from 2011 to 2012. Fact is, Froome really had the form to win it last year but was held back because of team politics of wanting Wiggins to win.

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
darwin553 said:
Bottom line is this isn't a 'Wiggins' performance so far. And what I mean there is that there hasn't been that dramatic a rise in performance from one year to the next like we saw from Wiggins from 2011 to 2012. Fact is, Froome really had the form to win it last year but was held back because of team politics of wanting Wiggins to win.

Wiggins is the doper and Froome is the seasoned vet naturally progressing into a GT contender? Froome had the form to win it last year, and almost slipped up with his attacking, what about Froome from 2010 to 2011?

TRENDING THREADS