• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 146 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
So wait. what you are saying is that its normal for chris froome to make tremendous leaps in performance, but LTD's ability must remain stationary. He can't possibly improve even a little bit.

LTD's climbing ability must always remain at the same level that foxy remembers it. Froome however can improve as much as he pleases.

No Hitch. I have no problem with that. Froome improves at age 26-28 until hitting the peak (like it is usually in sports performance), and Ten Dam improves still a little after age 28 since all the mega dopers are back to earth (that means he didn´t improve, but the likes of Valv and AC declined). After all, we have a normal order: Froome taking 1 minute into a rider who is over his peak. Nothing sensational about it, like the clinic want to have it since at least september 2011... :)

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
No Hitch. I have no problem with that. Froome improves at age 26-28 until hitting the peak (like it is usually in sports performance), and Ten Dam improves still a little after age 28 since all the mega dopers are back to earth (that means he didn´t improve, but the likes of Valv and AC declined). After all, we have a normal order: Froome taking 1 minute into a rider who is over his peak. Nothing sensational about it, like the clinic want to have it since at least september 2011... :)

like the other trolls you use your alleged poor English skills to ignore the point and give some nonesence back instead.

By what right do you decide that that ten dam can't improve? By some moronic under 28 rule that assumes that all humans are the same and anyone can improve as much as they want until they turn 28 but not a moment beyond. You used this same thing to declare Nibali clean 3 years ago.

I do wonder why you don't apply this rule to Contador too though? Is it your self confessed bias against peninsulares?

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
... and if Froome-Baby is manly enough (of which i think he is), he will not give a damn on cynics, so called experts, and politics, but do his thing: winning five stages like Fignon did back in 84, riding Alpe in 38 minutes, and show the world who truly is the man.*

* if he is sure he doesn´t do any illegal suff. At least that´s i would do, if i had his talent.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
like the other trolls you use your alleged poor English skills to ignore the point and give some nonesence back instead.

By what right do you decide that that ten dam can't improve? By some moronic under 28 rule that assumes that all humans are the same and anyone can improve as much as they want until they turn 28 but not a moment beyond. You used this same thing to declare Nibali clean 3 years ago.

I do wonder why you don't apply this rule to Contador too though? Is it your self confessed bias against peninsulares?

I know everybody with a different opinion is called a troll. Nothing new. But i am kinda sad that you call me one. I thought we always had good discussions in a good manner, even if i sometimes step over the line (i admit to it)...

I said Ten Dam can improve, or vica versa others decline. I like Ten Dam. A true warrior. What else can i convince you that i like this guys performance?
But in the end, 1 minute of Froome over Ten Dam is not even near suspicious...
Yes there is evidence that humans (mens) performance is at peak btw. 26-28, it´s not my rule, it´s historical data over all sports (even billards where endurance, speed, or quickness have no impact).
Yes i think Nibali is cleanish, so i do is Froome. And yes i doubt old agers coming off nowhere like Rijs, Rominger, Armstrong, Wiggins, Mosquera and others...

Peace, ok. :)

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
the sceptic said:
youre obviously trolling if you think all those riders came from nowhere, yet Froome didnt

Again: for the one hundredth time; those riders never finished even near T20 before reaching an old age, and then... boom winning consecutive years or topping T10 until their mid/end 30s. Is that sooo difficult to understand? The human body is at peak latest age 28, after that it declines in every, every way. It is absolutely not normal (to use Armstrongs words, to make it as clear as possible) to have the best performances, especially if they go together with a huge performance jump, after peaking.

God, i really feel like Don Quixote... :mad:

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:

This hogwash about peaks is just that. How many riders have we seen win their last tours in their twenties. Lemond, Schleck immediately come to mind. All the mega-dopers are back to earth so Froome is the new Indurain, blessed with capacities and obscure peculiarities that I'm sure will slowly be divulged in the post-mortem of his first tour win.
:rolleyes:

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Now we know Froome gives zero fudge about being suspicious. I laughed when I couldn't access the forums because this stage gave some pretty obvious talking points.

Kudos to danish TV2, who spent a lot of time talking about him possibly doping and giving him harsh criticism for not sharing his power ouput data. Basically saying: if you hide data from the public, and rides a minute faster than what was expected you deserve the doubt.

I think Froome is entertaining. He rides like it's all 1994 and like he hasn't received a lot of memos. I also laugh at farts though so I may be entertained by low common denominators.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Again: for the one hundredth time; those riders never finished even near T20 before reaching an old age, and then... boom winning consecutive years or topping T10 until their mid/end 30s. Is that sooo difficult to understand? The human body is at peak latest age 28, after that it declines in every, every way. It is absolutely not normal (to use Armstrongs words, to make it as clear as possible) to have the best performances, especially if they go together with a huge performance jump, after peaking.

God, i really feel like Don Quixote... :mad:

I am right there with you. It's clear to everyone that taking first in the Anatomic Jock Race and getting 5th in the TT in the 2010 Commonwealth Games is an indicator of TdF prowess. I don't understand why these haters keep questioning your posts...

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
I know everybody with a different opinion is called a troll. Nothing new. But i am kinda sad that you call me one. I thought we always had good discussions in a good manner, even if i sometimes step over the line (i admit to it)...

I said Ten Dam can improve, or vica versa others decline. I like Ten Dam. A true warrior. What else can i convince you that i like this guys performance?
But in the end, 1 minute of Froome over Ten Dam is not even near suspicious...
Yes there is evidence that humans (mens) performance is at peak btw. 26-28, it´s not my rule, it´s historical data over all sports (even billards where endurance, speed, or quickness have no impact).
Yes i think Nibali is cleanish, so i do is Froome. And yes i doubt old agers coming off nowhere like Rijs, Rominger, Armstrong, Wiggins, Mosquera and others...

Peace, ok. :)

Way to cherry pick the most absurd angle possible (Ten Dam) to support your position. I'm mildly surprised (due to the volume and magnitude of other surprise performances) that no one has raised suspicions about Ten Dam. Tell me how often Laurens has outclimbed Alberto, Rodriguez, Gadret, Roche, Schleck, Rogers, Hesjedal, Evans, Rolland, Kloden, etc. in an event in which they were all peaking for? Laurens had the ride of his life today, whether it be natural or not.

How many GT winners in that list did Ten Dam outclimb today? Watch out Porte. TGLTD coming to a podium near you.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Fatclimber said:
Way to cherry pick ...
How many GT winners in that list did Ten Dam outclimb today? Watch out Porte. TGLTD coming to a podium near you.

Oh well, maybe Ten Dam has signed for Sky next year. At least everybody here could have an exuse then, i pray for them. ;)

Oct 21, 2012
twitter.com
I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I ended up laughing when Porte took that pull, dropped Contador, brought back Quintana and then allowed Dawg to spring over the top.

Even Phil and Paul were a little taken aback. I've only followed cycling since 2006 (be nice now, I was only 12 then) and that was the strongest display of climbing I've seen since Landis.

Froome_Beast said:
What an athlete!

Embrace it, its the future and ohhh what a great future its going to be.

All this nonsense talk :rolleyes:, this is what a proper pure rider looks like, what a star Chris Froome is, amazing :)

Welcome to the clinic troll. Just curious who's sock puppet you are, or if you are really that dumb?

BTW, Ross Tucker: "skepticism is normal, and failing to appreciate that will come only from extreme naivety or patriotism. History has taught us the value of some healthy cynicism, and if this level continues for three weeks, it makes for an uncomfortable Tour, of that there is no doubt".

Ripper said:
Welcome to the clinic troll. Just curious who's sock puppet you are, or if you are really that dumb?

BTW, Ross Tucker: "skepticism is normal, and failing to appreciate that will come only from extreme naivety or patriotism. History has taught us the value of some healthy cynicism, and if this level continues for three weeks, it makes for an uncomfortable Tour, of that there is no doubt".

Perhaps it is just one of Froome's mates?

We know Michelle has visited CNF :p

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Alphabet said:
I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I ended up laughing when Porte took that pull, dropped Contador, brought back Quintana and then allowed Dawg to spring over the top.

Even Phil and Paul were a little taken aback. I've only followed cycling since 2006 (be nice now, I was only 12 then) and that was the strongest display of climbing I've seen since Landis.

Now that would be something worth watching Froome doing a Landis and riding away from the entire peloton for 100k. But I doubt even Froome would be stupid enough to do that

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Isn't this new world of clean sport and genuine performance wonderful. Uncle Pat has done such a good job for us all. And to think, we doubted him.

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Look... I am always suspicious, espcially in cycling and NFL football (just ask "Alpe" or search my posts).
True, me too. We watch the NFL with blinders, but I still think the best teams usually win.
Froome is the real deal, as i said more than one year ago.
If so, he is the greatest physical athlete to ever climb aboard a bicycle. More God given talent than Merckx, Hinault, LeMond, Ulrich, etc.

That's how I see it anyway.

the sceptic said:
Lance is still stuck in his own little bubble. Its a shame cause he could become a legendary troll if he just embraces his position as the evil villain and starts tweeting about sky and the UCI.
That would be awesome! And what does he have to lose?! It would also be the greatest irony because he would likely form a bond with many of the "haters".

Come on Lance, we know you're here, lurking. Give it a shot! I mean, join the fun! :D

Alphabet said:

That. But then Porte decoded that blowing the peloton apart wasn't enough. He looked around and took off! Try doing that at home kids!

or

Do not try this at home!

or

Cycling needs to come with a disclaimer; "The following performances may include doped performances and may not appear real. This broadcast is purely for entertainment purposes. The UCI takes no responsibility for performances which are not normal"

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Sorry but I was having a laugh remembering something about 2,5 years ago

DBgraphhires.jpg

"CF" was our Chris Froome:D. He was the worst rider SKY had two years ago "inside the mind of Dave Brailsford":p

DB1.jpg

autologous said:
Will there ever be a tour winner that will be as little appreciated, even reviled, by as many people? This is pouring acid into the Tour's still-festering Armstrong sore.

You could see it in Sean Kelly's eyes during his cyclenews interview. He said the tour was over, but he wasn't saying it in a celebratory way, or even an admiring way. Just a sense of resignation, almost sad.

The stream I was watching switched to the RAI post race coverage. Even there the mood was somber, even though there is no Italian in contention.

The fanboys and sycophants will enjoy it. But how hollow it must be. So hollow that their primary enjoyment is not from the "achievement" of Froome, but from the effect that "achievement" has on others.

Hahaha, you wish. :D

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Ripper said:

Exactly so, and when it comes to jingoistic, empty-headed 'patriotism', the Brits are right up there with Americans.

I used to love this sport so much and now it just sickens me. NOTHING has changed, in fact in some way things are worse. In the old days most people followed the sport because they loved 'le velo'. Now a large percentage of British 'fans' only seem to show an interest in the sport because it offers the spectacle of seeing a fellow countryman giving 'Johnny foreigner' a good kicking, and if it possible to 'Piss off the French' as well, even better. It was exactly the same with Armstrong.

The 'extra terrestial' performances are clearly the same. The arguments put forward in defence of those performances are the same. What's more the UCI will doubtlessly continue to do all that is possible to 'protect the image of the sport' (or rather rebuild a new 'clean' image) and I simply cannot believe that Cookson would burn down British cycling in the name of the exposing the truth.