• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 164 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Wallace and Gromit said:
That is a very good question!

I watch because it's good entertainment and I'm not really bothered about doping. I do wonder why the "Not normal / UK Postal / Skybot" brigade bother watching, though. It must be torture for them. Maybe they are indulging their masochistic tendencies.

i watch because i want to believe in this sport. this is a beautiful sport and a beautiful race. i want to see fair and exciting racing. after sunday i thought it was possible, the Tour was back, but not anymore. this was an absolute joke. you could see the look on Tony Martin's face when Froome went through the 2nd time check, he was almost laughing.

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Parrulo said:
After pretty much 1 mountain stage and 1 time trial

1 (1) FROOME Christopher Sky Procycling 42:29:24
2 (2) VALVERDE BELMONTE Alejandro Movistar Team 3:25
3 (3) MOLLEMA Bauke Belkin Pro Cycling Team 3:37
4 (6) CONTADOR VELASCO Alberto Team Saxo-Tinkoff 3:54
5 (5) KREUZIGER Roman Team Saxo-Tinkoff 3:57
6 (4) TEN DAM Laurens Belkin Pro Cycling Team 4:10
7 (13) KWIATKOWSKI Michal Omega Pharma - Quick-Step 4:44
8 (7) QUINTANA ROJAS Nairo Alexander Movistar Team 5:18
9 (10) COSTA Rui Movistar Team 5:37
10 (14) PERAUD Jean-Christophe AG2R La Mondiale 5:39

Seems legit . . .

Has this kind of domination ever been seen?

This post says it all...What a Joke! 3:25 on the next guy in two stages. One of them being a short TT as well.

Makes me think if the peleton maybe is getting cleaner, and Sky didn't get the memo.

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
Afrank said:
Totally legit, 1 mountain and 1 (30k) TT = a time gap already big enough to win the Tour. You have to really be not paying attention to believe this stuff.
I guess the "ex-dopers" should consider themselves lucky the TT wasn't 60km. We would have seen what we have not seen since Indurain at Luxembourg in 92, or St. Etienne in 97 with Ullrich.

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Bag of Guts said:
Like a rogue state unrecognised by the international community, the dawg no longer exists in my eyes.

The GC is actually quite interesting/close if you erase him. Might as well write him out before posterity does the job for me.

I fully agree, wish sky would just leave the race to Belkin, Saxo and Movistar, there is no need for them to waste any energy on anything. Froome can't be hurt, so why not let the rest of us get a nice fun race for 2nd and 3rd?

Also fully agree, if you cant see something is wrong when you are this good at ITT and Moutains, you are just fooling yourself. It would be like Usian Bolt being the best sprinter and marathoner around, just not possibe.

Bala Verde said:
Froome has always shown world class itt potential. Since he was young, with that pedigree and that remarkably efficient physique that screams time trialist, he was always bound to getting close to the level of itt world championship jersey holders or Olympic itt gold medalists.

Yea but showing potential and then actully putting out a performance like that, on the supposition that he's clean, is shocking to say the least.

Froome just rode as fast as an Indurain or an LA at their peak, who were certainly chemically assisted. If he's doing this clean then we may as well start believing in miracles.

May 16, 2013
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
To be fair to Froome Dog, he lost to Martin by 30 or so seconds at the Olympics TT.

Still no explanation where that TT power was prior to 2012!

Zero to hero makes a sensational return to cycling once more.

Armstrong come to negative (cancer) to sensational... so no problem. It was already done before.

rhubroma said:
Yea but showing potential and then actully putting out a performance like that, on the supposition that he's clean, is shocking to say the least.

Froome just rode as fast as an Indurain or an LA at their peak, who were certainly chemically assisted. If he's doing this clean then we may as well start believing in miracles.

I'm pretty sure his comment was 200% sarcasm.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Wallace and Gromit said:
That is a very good question!

I watch because it's good entertainment and I'm not really bothered about doping. I do wonder why the "Not normal / UK Postal / Skybot" brigade bother watching, though. It must be torture for them. Maybe they are indulging their masochistic tendencies.

It easy to watch a sport and be passionate about the sport but not be passionate about the participants.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
H2OUUP2 said:
This post says it all...What a Joke! 3:25 on the next guy in two stages. One of them being a short TT as well.

Makes me think if the peleton maybe is getting cleaner, and Sky didn't get the memo.
If we may believe JV, JV basically wrote that memo singlehandedly. The 2008 truce, the scaring effect of the biopassport and puerto. Yet the top four of the 2009 TDF (including JV's own ace) hadn't seen any memo. Something's wrong with the memo.

TRENDING THREADS