• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 172 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Bexon30 said:
Ah Leon welcome.... What thoughts on this weekends MTF?

That must be a trick question because everyone knows I haven't got the first clue about cycling .:D

Saturday I was a very happy man Sunday worried me greatly but that's what happens with clean cyclists they can be massive some days and not others and I think if the others had attacked more Froome was a goner because he had very little left

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
biopass said:
Muscle size and muscle strength are two different things.
Two different, correlated things. Don't tell me Froome's legs are stronger than Martin's. The strength difference apparently doesn't mean much in an aerobic effort, but Froome must be producing way more W/kg being almost 10 kg lighter than Martin.

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Logic Al said:
If that's true, why only Froome seemingly doing it?
He's the only one going full genius. If you look around, you'll see a few other cyclists who have increased their performances after shedding a bunch of weight. Their performances haven't increased to the same extent but their bodies haven't been transformed to the same extent as Froome's either.

The other riders are smart enough not to go full genius. They've seen what happened to the last few riders who tried that (Rasmussen, Ricco, etc) and know the risk is too great. Froome is so arrogant (or stupid) that he will keep charging at higher and higher levels until it all blows up.

Franklin said:
It's a very expensive prototype TT rig. Just as most other TT rigs we see in the TdF. :rolleyes:

And no it's not specially developed for the crosswinds around this area.

Well according to Rob Hayles on Eurosport it was specifically designed to cope with the winds in that part of France for today's stage. He was standing there by the Sky bus with the bike in his hands and I assume that info came from someone with slightly more knowledge than you? The bike was angled apparently to be more aerodynamic in a particular type of crosswind.

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Balabar said:
He's the only one going full genius. If you look around, you'll see a few other cyclists who have increased their performances after shedding a bunch of weight. Their performances haven't increased to the same extent but their bodies haven't been transformed to the same extent as Froome's either.

The other riders are smart enough not to go full genius. They've seen what happened to the last few riders who tried that (Rasmussen, Ricco, etc) and know the risk is too great. Froome is so arrogant (or stupid) that he will keep charging at higher and higher levels until it all blows up.

If that's true why are Sky letting him get away with it? If he gets caught the fallout will be massive

Froome may be dumb (though that's debateable) but to say all of Sky are surely is stretching it somewhat?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
argyllflyer said:
Well according to Rob Hayles on Eurosport it was specifically designed to cope with the winds in that part of France for today's stage. He was standing there by the Sky bus with the bike in his hands and I assume that info came from someone with slightly more knowledge than you? The bike was angled apparently to be more aerodynamic in a particular type of crosswind.

Rob Hayles wouldn't be in anyway biased now would he?

So will Froome be riding a bike for the next TT that is different from today's?

How about Woggins TT machine he used in Il Giro, was that designed to cope with all the Italian roads and the different winds that the Italians make?

BS and more PR spin to try and explain away the obvious doping.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
argyllflyer said:

No way would Rob Hayles know more than anyone on this forum .Rob Hayles was my favourite cyclist by the way

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Logic Al said:
If that's true why are Sky letting him get away with it? If he gets caught the fallout will be massive

Froome may be dumb (though that's debateable) but to say all of Sky are surely is stretching it somewhat?

Youre on to something there

No team would ever wants its riders to dope :rolleyes:

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
argyllflyer said:
On superior, did you hear that Froome's bike was specially designed to cope with the exact type of crosswinds expected in the Mont St Michel area? According to Dowsett, the handlebars cost about £10,000 alone.

I hear the wheels actually act like a winged sail and not only cut through the wind but accelerate with it

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
argyllflyer said:

so this bike was clearly designed and assembled weeks ago. Or more than likely months ago.

And sky where able to predict the wind direction on a particular day which was months away, to then maximise the frame shape to cut through this predicted wind???

that sounds believable :rolleyes:

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
leon7766 said:
That must be a trick question because everyone knows I haven't got the first clue about cycling .:D

Saturday I was a very happy man Sunday worried me greatly but that's what happens with clean cyclists they can be massive some days and not others and I think if the others had attacked more Froome was a goner because he had very little left

No trick, just curious to see what may play out this weekend to a fervent Froome fan. I mean can a clean rider keep up this level of astonishing performance, that equal to past doped riders?, Or will the recovery powers of a clean rider stop him from extending or keeping control over the peleton? But then you said you know nothing. Strange because I thought by the manner in which you discuss Chris you knew a bit.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Logic Al said:
So the Sky riders ok with getting cancer but riders from other teams don't? something about being British make you more welcoming of getting cancer?

for what its worth it would increase their dole check

Balabar said:

That's a bit harsh...Froomey has probably never heard of Rasmussen and Ricco...:)

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Bexon30 said:
No trick, just curious to see what may play out this weekend to a fervent Froome fan. I mean can a clean rider keep up this level of astonishing performance, that equal to past doped riders?, Or will the recovery powers of a clean rider stop him from extending or keeping control over the peleton? But then you said you know nothing. Strange because I thought by the manner in which you discuss Chris you knew a bit.

Come on mate you are making fun of my lack of intelligence by asking me questions .

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Its those Kenyans bone structure

Wait for it, next week it'll be the long femur bones of Froome.

They're doing the same thing may as well run with the same BS campaign.

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
the sceptic said:
Youre on to something there

No team would ever wants its riders to dope :rolleyes:

There's letting him dope, and there's letting him dope arrogantly and to go "full genius" which is the reason given why he's doing better than all the other dopers

Froome's performances over the last couple of years look very dodgy and the non-doping justifications have lots of holes in them

But then so do the explanations given on this thread of why he's doing better than other teams who are also doping. It seems to be either a new drug that nobody knows about, or somehow he is doing more than anybody else or he has no fear of cancer and everyone else does.

As someone who calls themselves sceptic, do you believe any of the above theories of why Froome is able to do better than other cyclists doping?

Logic Al said:
So the Sky riders ok with getting cancer but riders from other teams don't? something about being British make you more welcoming of getting cancer?

Plenty of riders on Sky stays clear of the nasty stuff (just check out how the B team is doing in races), but there are a few hardcore dopers who will go very far to dominate races. Froome is rogue and hes pulling little Porte along for the show.

Chicken was another Froome like cyclist. He took just about every drug available, regardless of side effect.

Froome and Chicken, pretty in yellow.

TRENDING THREADS