• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 177 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
observer said:
A question: If we assume Froome, Valverde, Contador et al are still all doping, they clearly aren't doing the same drugs. If Valverde and Contador are doing what we assume they know, ie. some blood doping and maybe microdosing, then what the hell is Froome doing?

Perhaps after the EPO positives in the Giro, Valverde and Contador are holding back, but it still doesn't explain the obvious difference with Froome. We all know that Valverde and Contador are good responders judging by past results.

So basically, what is Froome on?

AICAR? GW1516? Peptides? HGH?

Or maybe he's just on his bike 6 hours a day.;)

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
A question: If we assume Froome, Valverde, Contador et al are still all doping, they clearly aren't doing the same drugs. If Valverde and Contador are doing what we assume they know, ie. some blood doping and maybe microdosing, then what the hell is Froome doing?

Perhaps after the EPO positives in the Giro, Valverde and Contador are holding back, but it still doesn't explain the obvious difference with Froome. We all know that Valverde and Contador are good responders judging by past results.

ITTP?

http://www.toosmarttofail.com/forums/showthread.php/185-New-Drug-called-ITTP-in-the-Sport-of-Kings

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
observer said:

Most likely it'll be bread and butter stuff: EPO or similar and testosterone or similar. Plus a good doctor and political favour. If it's AICAR or GW-501516 they'll be combined with othet things because no way they do that on their own.

Dunno if anyone more knowledgeable would like to reply.

akrogirl said:

The scratching his balls?

_DSC6496.jpg

taiwan said:
South African, see caption.

Results, 166km

1 Mathew Hayman (Australia) 4.05.09
2 David Harold George (Republic of South Africa) 0.04
3 Allan Davis (Australia) 0.12
4 Stephen Cummings (England) 0.25
5 Gordon Harold Fraser (Canada) 0.38
6 Greg Henderson (New Zealand)
7 Mark Cavendish (Isle Of Man)
8 Roger Aiken (Northern Ireland)
9 Martin Gilbert (Canada)
10 Peter Latham (New Zealand)
11 Tyler Barbour Butterfield (Bermuda)
12 David McCann (Northern Ireland)
13 Stephen Gallagher (Northern Ireland)
14 William Walker (Australia)
15 Dominique Perras (Canada) 0.43
16 Ryan Rodney Cox (Republic of South Africa) 0.44
17 Dan Craven (Namibia)
18 Robert Owen Hunter (Republic of South Africa) 0.46
19 Alfred Rodney Green (Republic of South Africa) 0.53
20 Svein Tuft (Canada) 1.00
21 Robin Reid (New Zealand) 1.20
22 Andrew Roche (Isle Of Man)
23 Glen Mitchell (New Zealand) 3.00
24 Emile Abraham (Trinidad & Tobago) 5.15
25 Christopher Clive Froome (Kenya)
26 Duncan Urquhart (Scotland) 9.13

Actually it listed him as riding for Kenya in the results of that race. There he is in 25th place just behind a guy who has been at various times a pretty decent crit rider here in socal.

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
I have heard that both Martin and Froome have passed over 500 tests.

And what's more Froome has the same Vo2max...no wait that would be too easy, he has a lower Vo2max than Armstrong and what's more he has gone on a systematic mission to intimidate anyone in the cycling community that thinks he is other than a clean cyclist. ;)

darwin553 said:
And what's more Froome has the same Vo2max...no wait that would be too easy, he has a lower Vo2max than Armstrong and what's more he has gone on a systematic mission to intimidate anyone in the cycling community that thinks he is other than a clean cyclist. ;)

That won't start until he's won a couple tours, but wait til he starts a charity for Bilharzia Awareness, and buys his own plane.

I think it is absolutely hilarious there are people dumb enough to believe in Froome. They must have the brain activity of a mollusk. I was willing to give Wiggins a bit of leeway. I think he is doping but in the back of my mind I could rationalize that there is a possibility that he is clean. I have no doubt whatsoever that Froome is doping. None. It is impossible that a rider riding cleanly at the power he is now would not have cut a swath through the amateur ranks that would have made him one of the most sought after pro signings in a couple of decades.

The jury is in. Doper!

May 27, 2012
Visit site
BroDeal said:
I think it is absolutely hilarious there are people dumb enough to believe in Froome. They must have the brain activity of a mollusk. I was willing to give Wiggins a bit of leeway. I think he is doping but in the back of my mind I could rationalize that there is a possibility that he is clean. I have no doubt whatsoever that Froome is doping. None. It is impossible that a rider riding cleanly at the power he is now would not have cut a swath through the amateur ranks that would have made him one of the most sought after pro signings in a couple of decades.

The jury is in. Doper!

I have this hope that Wiggins will go Landis on Froome.

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
That won't start until he's won a couple tours, but wait til he starts a charity for Bilharzia Awareness, and buys his own plane.

Have we got him a trademark piece of clothing yet that all his followers can wear like Armstrong's wristbands?

What I find hilarious is that the skybots are now, all of sudden, dismissing science itself as the only way to keep the miracle alive. Sports science wasn't a problem for anyone a week ago, it was a respectable thing, but now we have a handful of new skybots who claim it's so fundamentally flawed that all this "scientific" mumbo jumbo is just a silly thing. Wattage estimates were never in question in the years leading to this, when they were discussed like, I don't know, ALL THE TIME. But suddenly Froome does something that we can scientifically call BS on, and it's no longer valid.

It's like claiming Satan planted dinosaur fossils to test our faith. That's the level of denial we're witnessing the last few days.

the sceptic said:
Froome didnt exist in 2006 according to google image search :(
Was trying to find a picture from the legendary 2006 commonwealth games

Yeah I tried looking too. Here he is later that same year riding for his country (World Champs U23 TT) with his obviously shoddy equipment :rolleyes:

S-CADUTASLZB8785.jpg

S-CADUTASLZB8786.jpg

1 Dominique Cornu (Belgium) 49.28.42 (47.904 km/h)
2 Mikhail Ignatiev (Russian Federation) 0.37.10
3 Jerome Coppel (France) 0.44.66
4 Alexander Filippov (Russian Federation) 0.51.52
5 Edvald Boasson Hagen (Norway) 1.12.69
6 Stefan Schaefer (Germany) 1.21.28
7 Logan Den. Hutchings (New Zealand) 1.25.06
8 Simon Spilak (Slovenia) 1.26.60
9 Peter Latham (New Zealand) 1.29.03
10 Kristjan Koren (Slovenia) 1.36.32
11 Alex Rasmussen (Denmark) 1.38.90
12 Ignatas Konovalovas (Lithuania) 1.41.11
13 Maxim Belkov (Russian Federation) 1.43.21