• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 450 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
Here is the best climber of the peloton, able to hang on for 2 k's:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_0wFcX3XFKw#t=1428

Here's some classic Dawg footage from 2010 MTT up Plan de Corones:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID1XhL2zRQ4&sns=em

There's that classic zig zagging that we know and love and finishing 4 minutes off the pace.

If only he had a motorbike to hang on to!

6jhy5y.jpg

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:
Here's some classic Dawg footage from 2010 MTT up Plan de Corones:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID1XhL2zRQ4&sns=em

There's that classic zig zagging that we know and love and finishing 4 minutes off the pace.

If only he had a motorbike to hang on to!

6jhy5y.jpg

Ha! Ha! Just checked Mr Cound's time in stage 15 up to Zoncolan in that tour... only a mere 22 minutes and 35 seconds behind Basso! Marginal gains! Marginal gains! Marginal gains!

mortand said:
Well, not exactly footage, but side by side indeed. Always a great reminder of the coming greatness, from the Tour de Romandie prologue 2010.

Disclaimer: Crashes may have occured

So as you disclaimer said a crash may have occured, which is actually what happened, so what is the point in posting this meaningless piece of data?

Will Carter

BANNED
May 14, 2014
Visit site
vedrafjord said:
This has probably been covered in the Tenerife thread but why do people keep calling it remote? It's one of the easiest places in the world to get to - two airports, 12 million flights a year, 2.5 hours from nearest WADA lab in Madrid - skyscanner.net is telling me you can get there from Madrid and back most of next month for €70 return. Nearly a million residents and millions upon millions of tourists every year, it's about as off the beaten track as the Champs-Élysées.

Brilliant!

May 26, 2010
Visit site
del1962 said:
So as you disclaimer said a crash may have occured, which is actually what happened, so what is the point in posting this meaningless piece of data?

Meaningless, you mean you haven't been down to the bookies to put your house on Noe Gianetti winning Il Giro, Davis Scott for a TdF win and Novoa to win La Vuelta 7 times in a row. You fool!

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Meaningless, you mean you haven't been down to the bookies to put your house on Noe Gianetti winning Il Giro, Davis Scott for a TdF win and Novoa to win La Vuelta 7 times in a row. You fool!

FjJTLBg.png

A future tour champ in the making..

I wonder if Libertine would be able to guess who this is without any clues :p

He-manuelle Sella said:
Ha! Ha! Just checked Mr Cound's time in stage 15 up to Zoncolan in that tour... only a mere 22 minutes and 35 seconds behind Basso! Marginal gains! Marginal gains! Marginal gains!

And remember that thanks to his new coffee-honey diet he increased his cadence from 50 to 150 RPM. Another detail.

As for Froome I actually like him and his style of racing. He seems to be a nice person and gives us fireworks in the mountains and time trials. But his "marginal" progress is simply too good to be true. Obviously we can never be 100% sure. There is some slight chance that he's clean. In this case, however, there are too many question tags. What really could happen in 2011? Maybe some revolutionary method of gene doping? I've read some articles in which someone was talking about his genetic anomalies (human of alien?).

I don't know if it's already been metionned somewhere : today "l'Equipe" reveals Froome broke Armstrong record on la Madone in june 2013 :

Froome 30:09
Porte 30:24
Armstrong 30:45

459w for 30 minutes, a good 6.75 W/kg

Gregga said:
I don't know if it's already been metionned somewhere : today "l'Equipe" reveals Froome broke Armstrong record on la Madone in june 2013 :

Apparently it's from froome's autobiography as well lol.

"I am faster than armstrong and I shouldn't feel guilty"

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Gregga said:

This counts as evidence that Froome is faster than Armstrong I would think.

How can anyone in their right mind still defend Froome or sit on the fence?

TRENDING THREADS