• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 470 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Contador motivates Froome

At 2013 TDF ITT, AC crossed line at 1st position with only Froome still to come. I remember the determination I saw in Froome's face, he was determined to not give AC one second, to stay in front of AC. He dug very deep. The challenge of beating AC drives Froome, he feels as long as he is ahead of AC, Bertie will crumble mentally.

Here is the deal. We all say AC is mentally tough especially after he fought and won with king of mind games Armstrong. But I don't know if it was the 6month break but he came back somewhat weaker mentally. Froome seized up on that and 2013 he made sure AC saw only the back of Froome. If AC was 10th, Froome wanted to be at least 9th, if the win comes great.

Today at the dauphine I saw that determination again on Froome after Bertie crossed the line. He wants to crack AC before TDF, make sure he is only seeing his back. It will take a huge effort from Bertie to beat Froome on tomorrow's MTF because Froome will come out all alien.

I am not sure what Bertie can do. This Froome fella has appeared from average rider to world beater overnight much like the transformation of Armstrong. And he has no finesse or charisma or strong points, he just clobbers you on the road with sheer brute force.

May 19, 2014
Visit site
I always wonder where the favorites make up time on one another in ITTs, but it's annoying when the time splits are 15km far apart and based on Tony Martin taking 2 minutes out of everyone (well, almost everyone ;)).

Eurosport's coverage of the Dauphine Stage 1 ITT allowed me to hand-time splits for Nibali, Contador, and Froome towards the end using landmarks from the camera bike behind the riders. I got splits for Nibali and Froome from a 90

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Dauphine Stage 1 ITT

I always wonder where the favorites make up time on one another in ITTs, but it's annoying when the time splits are 15km far apart and based on Tony Martin taking 2 minutes out of everyone (well, almost everyone ;)).

Eurosport's coverage of the Dauphine Stage 1 ITT allowed me to hand-time splits for Nibali, Contador, and Froome towards the end using landmarks from the camera bike behind the riders. I got splits for Nibali and Froome from a 90

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Froome Dauphine ITT

May 19, 2014
Visit site
[Posting the images inline is cutting off most of the text of my post. Sorry]

May 19, 2014
Visit site
[Posting the images inline is cutting off most of the text of my post. Sorry]

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
And this all goes back to

the sceptic said:
skyfan logic goes: If there is no evidence someone is doping, they are clean.
Which I said sounds reasonable.

Netserk replied to me with
Netserk said:
So Riis was clean from '93-'96?

Hence me asking if there was evidence. I think if you crunch some of the numbers regarding climbing and look at the figured bandied about for his HCT I think the answer is.. yes.

In which case there is an argument to say he was not clean. Which turned out to be true.

I really don't get want the confusion is here.

May 19, 2014
Visit site

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Froome Dauphine ITT

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
nomapnocompass said:
Bpom9yrIcAAGfsS.jpg

From The Climb, Froome's wonderous TT position. This is apparently the look of one of the best TT riders in the world, what a joke!

Looks hammed up for the photo. In the few pictures I've seen him in the Dauphine prologue his position looks okay, but need an expert to critique it.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Don't be late Pedro said:
I really don't get want the confusion is here.

equivocation on the word 'evidence'. the skyfan understanding of evidence is a positive and/or a ferrari/fuentes association. contrary to what some sky fans claim, the absence of such evidence doesn't mean the rider is clean.

if 'evidence' is understood as every fact more likely if the rider dopes than if he doesn't, as it should, then you are correct. that is reasonable.

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Multiple sprints from Froome with Contador sitting on and obviously not helping... Well worth a watch. Contador must have read the book and gave up the coffee stops but Froome went FULL genius!!

May 26, 2009
Visit site
SecomBe said:
Didn't Dave Brailsford say two tears ago that the lack of multiple attacks (no to mention the length of attack) showed us that cycling was cleaner. :rolleyes:

Brailsford speaks out of his a$$. I wish a journalist would ask him that question whilst showing footage of today.

Froome vs. everyone. Still toys with them in the most alien of ways. They were ganged up on him today, with Kelderman, Talansky and van den Broeck co-operating in trying to break him. Still won the stage easy as you like.

Rotten to the core.

Thought Contador was finally about to out-dope him when he stayed glued to Froome's wheel for that ridiculously long attack, but alas. Only an accident will tip the Tour any other way than Froome's.

The Team Sky way

Team Sky has been criticised for the often clinical, finely calculated way it rides and win many of the sport's biggest stage races. The dominant way they controlled the Tour de France and set up Bradley Wiggins and Chris Froome quickly lead somewhat malicious comparisons to Lance Armstrong's powerful US Postal Service team.

Again Brailsford throws back any criticism and insinuation.

"If people want the entertainment value of riders attacking each other, stopping, attacking each other again and again, then go back to 'old cycling', which will give you the capability to do that," he said.

"If you want clean sport and clean cycling, then it's going to be different. You can't have it both ways. There's an element of reality about what were doing."

"People accuse us of being robotic and being like a machine but hold on a second; that's unfair on Richie Porte. He actually rode a brilliant race to win Paris-Nice. He was the best guy in the race thanks to the work he put in during training and the way he rode. That’s fantastic, that's what cycling is about."

"There's a difference between attacking for attack's sake and making meaningful attacks. What we saw in Paris-Nice were lots of attacks but only one meaningful, thought-out attack, which was Richie's attack."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/brailsford-hits-back-at-accusations-and-criticism-of-team-sky

Yep.

TRENDING THREADS