• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 599 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Any anabolic substance in your body may disproportionately stimulate tumor growth. Be it insulin, test, HGH. All depends on the mutations that lead to the cancer. The tumor might even have a mutation that makes it oversensitive to a growth factor that follows out of the test or HGH cascade.

That substances that stimulate growth also stimulate cancer growth is a given.

A new found love for Berto makes him say strange things:

Froome "doesn't look back anymore" and refuses to question how others have won races.
"If someone's better than me, they're better, I'm not even going to go down that road of thinking that they're on something or that they're cheating," he said.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Rollthedice said:

Froome "doesn't look back anymore" and refuses to question how others have won races.
"If someone's better than me, they're better, I'm not even going to go down that road of thinking that they're on something or that they're cheating," he said.

But I thought Dawg was the peak of human physiology combined with the peak of human science so how can anyone be clean and better?

Rollthedice said:

Fascinating. The guy is completely implausible.
First he podiums grand tours out of nowhere.
Then he wins a grand tour while the rest of the peloton still looks like they are on a cafe run.
Then he says he can win 7 more clean.
Then he says a hilly grand tour doesn't suit him when he was an absolute terror on big hills.
Does his anti-doping duty by complaining about no testing on Tenerife.
Now? He's mute.

I dub him: RoboFroome.

DirtyWorks said:
Fascinating. The guy is completely implausible.
First he podiums grand tours out of nowhere.
Then he wins a grand tour while the rest of the peloton still looks like they are on a cafe run.
Then he says he can win 7 more clean.
Then he says a hilly grand tour doesn't suit him when he was an absolute terror on big hills.
Does his anti-doping duty by complaining about no testing on Tenerife.
Now? He's mute.

I dub him: RoboFroome.

“He was winning the Tour back in 2007 so he’s been doing this for a good few years, and he knows how to get himself ready for a race like the Tour de France

Yes Dawg, Contador in 2007 was getting himself ready for the Tour with Bruyneel & 500ml of the finest spun blood.

Love it. The Dawg cannot get any more stupid. I really do hope he goes super teenage mutant ninja RoboFroome on us this year.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
no longer thinking about coffee drinking amigos?

“When I’m out training, I am thinking: ‘I wonder what he’s up to today, I wonder how hard he’s training.’ I always assume he is [training], somewhere in snowy, wet Lugano. It pushes me to train harder, definitely.”

thehog said:
Walsh won't be happy. Can't sell books with all this love.

The Cound was the driving force behind the hate, now that she no longer despises Berto and even posts selfies with him on instagram there is only love.

Froome-Contador bromance I see potential for a new book here, maybe even a trilogy if Walsh can come up with an exciting story line about a Froome-Cound-Contador menage a trois, it does not have to make sense as it's Walsh

burning said:
LMAO @ Froome but I am pretty sure that he implies doping by mentioning 2007 freak show, he can not be really that dumb or did they really become BFF's?

RoboFroome feels the same for all competitors.
RoboFroome never looks back.
RoboFroome only looks at his power meter. Staring at stem/power meter source of marginal gains. Brailsford science.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
“If you saw me in that press conference after Ventoux I was pretty close there to getting angry. It was not cool,” he says. “I just think it’s crazy given that the only thing people had against me at the time was that I was winning the race. That’s all. There were no dodgy doctors, no product or anything like that.”

lol!

Sky has a renowned foundation in sports science so it would be fitting if Froome was looking at the numbers tick over, as a means of clinically gauging his performance in critical moments during races.

However, Froome admits that’s not the case. “I’m not looking at anything, I just find my neck gets [sore] if I look up,” he reveals.

marginal gain. avoiding sore neck by looking down.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
When I first started riding, about 60 years ago, my neck got sore. But after a year or so, never again. Even when I stopped - for up to 10 years at a time - it would take a day and be back to its old, forward facing capable self upon restarting.

:-/

the sceptic said:
lol!

marginal gain. avoiding sore neck by looking down.

Cataldo is his own man, clearly intelligent and sensitive. He is artistic and hinted that he occasionally baulked the robotic regime that reigns at Team Sky.

“Sky is very rigid and disciplined in the way they do things but it's also one of the reasons for their success,” he said, revealing he often reached for a jar of Nutella chocolate spread at home even if it was off the menu at Team Sky.

“Perhaps Team Sky somewhat squeeze everything out of the riders but that's understandable. But there are a lot of factors that go into making a team successful and you can't always follow the same system. Each season and each race is different, and I think you also need to be flexible and use your experience to make the right choices. I think Sky still needs to understand that a little bit.”

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/cataldo-has-no-regrets-after-moving-from-team-sky-to-astana