• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 601 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
peloton said:
Inhalers, horse steroids and maybe some blood :D

I've never seen such a ridiculous spin, uphill, in all the years I've followed the sport.

Let the arms race continue :)

Hearing Kirby (and possibly Crookson at home) enthusiastically cheering for Froome made the experience even more bizarre.

Maybe Contador not found the magic fomular yet. It's like beating Deep Blue in chess.

Maybe they're just at a very similar level all things considered (including their clinic program). That's what it looks like to me, since they've been trading wins and defeats for a while.

The interesting thing about Froome is that he doesn't seem to match the performance of the rest of Sky's A-team that well anymore, and he hasn't for a while now. Even when his whole team sucks, he's still as good as ever. That's puzzling.

peloton said:
Inhalers, horse steroids and maybe some blood :D

I've never seen such a ridiculous spin, uphill, in all the years I've followed the sport.

Let the arms race continue :)

Froome-stem.jpg

Fearless Greg Lemond said:
Froomey delivers, 28 seconds in 1K. Thats pretty much the standard these days. Havent seen how much Bardet has lost but 50 seconds on Mike Snow is pretty impressive, in 1K.

it was obviously not 1km, the on-screen graphics were way off. They showed Selvaggi at 1.7 to go when the peloton was still on the flat/descent part.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I am wondering does the lunacy in the AC discussion thread (main forum) stop today by F's victory? It is sad to see F single-handedly destroys those fanboys' euphoria in just 1km.:eek:

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
maxmartin said:
I am wondering does the lunacy in the AC discussion thread (main forum) stop today by F's victory? It is sad to see F single-handedly destroys those fanboys' euphoria in just 1km.:eek:

It's a bit creepy how some of them get so emotionally invested in a single person. I'm surprised they were able to use the forum at all with what must be a river of tears flowing over their keyboards.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
happychappy said:
It's a bit creepy how some of them get so emotionally invested in a single person. I'm surprised they were able to use the forum at all with what must be a river of tears flowing over their keyboards.

Culture thing maybe, and there are not much to cheer on in Spain right now.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
What will Walsh be writing?
He seemed to have a good story yesterday about how Contador was probably back on the juice in order to beat clean Froome.
I think that story went into the paper shredder today.

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Man, why are you so obsessed with Contador and his fans? It's quite sad :(

He is like cineteq - just more offensive and aggressive on a personal level. And while cineteq writes about other things, maxmartin's only goal is to talk Contador down and to offend his fans. Not one sensible post in all the time he is here. Pure internet trolling which I just can not understand.
First person on my ignore list and I'm not ignoring other people who have the tendency to troll...but this is just unbelievable and...SAD is a good word.

How can one ignore a user and his posts?

TRENDING THREADS