• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 630 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
SeriousSam said:
Am I reading that right. Chewie gets a warning for lack of civility in a discussion with Ryo?

lol

Well, I think a warning is fair... if a poster uses words like "idiot, moron, and else" in basically every 2nd post he publishes. Over years!

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Yeah the attack was nothing like Ax3 back in 2012 - and he looked like he was pushing it to get time on TJ, but then he crosses the line and dunno looked kinda casual? Was he pretending not to be totally stuffed from the effort? :confused:

Among the prescriptions the athletes said Salazar often pushed them to obtain were various asthma medications, from albuterol inhalers to corticosteroids. To use some asthma drugs legally, World Anti-Doping Agency rules require athletes to have a documented condition and obtain a waiver. Two former Oregon Project athletes described being told by Salazar to do a hard workout, and then run up the stairs to a doctor’s office to take an asthma test. “You sprint around the track, sprint through downtown Portland, and sprint up the stairs and go do the test,” the runner said. The athlete added that Salazar often had an inhaler to give out to runners who still didn’t qualify. “If you hadn’t failed the asthma test yet,” the runner said, “he’d say, ‘Here’s an inhaler, use it until we get you tested’.” There is some evidence that albuterol inhalers acutely improve muscle performance, but no evidence that they improve aerobic endurance in non-asthmatic athletes.

http://www.propublica.org/article/more-athletes-say-track-coach-alberto-salazar-broke-drug-rules

Re:

Dear Wiggo said:
Yeah the attack was nothing like Ax3 back in 2012 - and he looked like he was pushing it to get time on TJ, but then he crosses the line and dunno looked kinda casual? Was he pretending not to be totally stuffed from the effort? :confused:

The attack was lame but "pseudo scientists" have estimated 6.19 W/kg for 19 mins. After 4 cat, 1 climbs. Wonder how was TeeJay able to keep up.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: Re:

Rollthedice said:
Dear Wiggo said:

The attack was lame but "pseudo scientists" have estimated 6.19 W/kg for 19 mins. After 4 cat, 1 climbs. Wonder how was TeeJay able to keep up.
The race was weak, like at La Tropicale Amissa Bongo.

ET was even phoninghome while on presumably max effort.

Cycling 2015.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

Rollthedice said:
Dear Wiggo said:

With his immense power and natural ability...

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site

Rollthedice said:
Dear Wiggo said:

Where did you find those estimates? I know it's pure garbage because the internet pseudo scientists don't understand the extreme scientific complexity of riding a bike up a hill the way Brailsford does, but I'm still interested.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Fearless Greg Lemond said:
TJ was impresive, 30% less power while drafting. Good thing the dawg was able to SPRINT away from that wheelsucker.
It was a short sprint though. Check out the most alien leaps ever thread for more terrific examples of mountain sprinting.

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site

Fearless Greg Lemond said:
Rollthedice said:
Dear Wiggo said:

The race was weak, like at La Tropicale Amissa Bongo.

ET was even phoninghome while on presumably max effort.

Cycling 2015.

Vroom on the radio looked like Ventoux deja vu, even the conversation was the same: Can I go faster? Doesn't it look suspicious? - Hold on, it's OK, we have also tomorrow, otherwise the pseudoscientists will scream 7w/kg for the rest of the season!

Well, why not? Astana did their Movement For Incredible Cycling show yesterday (just they were banned from winning GCs when UCI allowed them to continue - they should produce some intentionally stupid excuse, like this insane tactics during Giro), and today we continued with Movement For Alien Cycling. Fans must love The New Brave Clean World.

Sep 29, 2012

SeriousSam said:
Rollthedice said:
Dear Wiggo said:

Where did you find those estimates? I know it's pure garbage because the internet pseudo scientists don't understand the extreme scientific complexity of riding a bike up a hill the way Brailsford does, but I'm still interested.

ammattipyöräily @ammattipyoraily
@faustocoppi60 19:12 starting from left turn? That would be VAM 1741 m/h, 6.19 W/kg [DrF]. #Dauphine

but Vayer says it's even more

Antoine VAYER ‏@festinaboy 5h5 hours ago
BETTEX was BOTOX ! Froome 19mn12 sec at 443 watts étalon, 6,4 w/kg ! after cote Amerrands 456 watts etalons. Hugly !

It is the power data of a great climber if he is alone in that distance, not the best possible, but good, but he had the help of his team to do that, especially Poels, and later the help of TVG.

I dont know the wind and another factors, but considering that is not too much, he can improve that for sure, and with doping he could improve that more, although for the real champions, doping dont improves so much as in other riders.

He must not be very far of the numbers he was doing by following the favourites (most of then doped, although that year doping started to down clearly) in Croix the fer at his first Tour de France.

But of course he was young, he was starting cycling compared the rest of the peloton and now he is a much better rider.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
I think TVG made a tactical error by helping Froome, I believe if he had sat on you would have seen if it was full alien mode or not because the acceleration would have had to come earlier.

It might be time for a TVG thread in here, his performances are way above the lucky all the contenders crashed out in the TDF fifth place....

However while Froome may have phoned home on this stage, his phone don't work when its wet. I think that Nibbles made a big point of this on the previous stage, that said I also think the fact that there was noone to test Froome with a few attacks in the finale which probably makes the demented giraffe on the egg beater look all the more alien when he pulls the sh*t he did on this last stage.

Sep 29, 2012
Re:

Rollthedice said:
Froome don't want to talk about yesterday's display. He was stripped of his prize money (€4,000) and fined a further 200 Swiss Francs after he decided to skip the post-stage press conference. Marginal loss I'd say.

Lucky they didn't want to drug test him then?? or did they?

Not normal behaviour.

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site

Poursuivant said:
WildspokeJoe said:

Are you messing? He is blowing out of his arśe

Have you ever climbed at your limit, talking is not an option, "Froomey" was under complete control and not breathing heavy. Reminds me of Armstrong stretching his back on some of the climbs. Blood doping gives you plenty of O's.

TRENDING THREADS