• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 905 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
thehog said:
Agreed, the crash is of little relevance.
If the crash was of little relevance why were so many here so preoccupied with proving it didn't happen by stating they had not seen it happen and they had watched many, many times? It may have had little relevance to the breakaway but clearly it has much relevance to the attitude of some hereabouts who can only believe something if they see it (except, obvs, for that which they cannot see but believe vehemently in, which must be true).

Re: Froome

Mr.38% said:
And excuse me, English is not my first language, "involved" may not be the appropriate term heree. Try to match my English in German if you can.
I've grown used round here to personal beliefs trumping facts at every turn but the day that linguistic ability is the definition of truthiness is the day this site dies. For the record - and I hate that you even ask for anyone to play this infantile game - English is not my first language either, Irish is. And I am competent in more than just those two. So, willy waving done, let's move on, please.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
fmk_RoI said:
thehog said:
Agreed, the crash is of little relevance.
If the crash was of little relevance why were so many here so preoccupied with proving it didn't happen by stating they had not seen it happen and they had watched many, many times? It may have had little relevance to the breakaway but clearly it has much relevance to the attitude of some hereabouts who can only believe something if they see it (except, obvs, for that which they cannot see but believe vehemently in, which must be true).

No one is preoccupied. It was Sky who made the claim first. People questioned that as they have been known to lie. Simples. No tin foil hats required. Mine is getting a bit ragged.

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
The plot thickens:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/froome-says-riders-outside-vuelta-a-espana-time-limit-should-have-remained-excluded/

Seems as though there might be a rift in the team. The first thing my wife said was "what did he say to them all at dinner last night?".

Froome has history of bad positioning. His crash in the 2014 TdF, before they even reached the cobbles, was bad positioning as well. He seemed to have got better in recent years, but his positioning and the behaviour of his team two days ago was rank amateur stuff.

I think the Dawg has given up and is resigned to the fact that they made some very poor tactical decisions, one being that GC riders wouldn't want to be involved in the early break on such a short stage:

“It was a little bit of both: being caught by surprise, I didn’t expect the GC guys to be going for it early on, and positioning, a little bit of circumstances. I think there was a small crash at the front, right when the move was forming, which also added to not being able to close it straightaway.

“But at the end of the day I don’t think we were prepared for it, and clearly Nairo and Alberto were, so we got caught out.”

Froome then leaked time later in the final climb, explaining that he had “done a bit of pulling coming into the final. Again, I lost a bit of time having gone really deep the day before [stage 14 to the Aubisque] and then I lost a bit more.” He also confirmed that the Vuelta will be his last race of the 2016 season. “I’ll definitely take some downtime and spend time with the family.”

although there might be a full recovery after the rest day... :lol:

“I’m not in as optimistic a situation as I was a few days ago. That was a big blow to the team, when I lost a big chunk of time and was on the back foot. But then again, as we saw in the Giro, things can change drastically in a Grand Tour. From our side, we have to keep the pressure on, keep doing what we have done all along and keep fighting.”

Re: Re:

Cycle Chic said:
PremierAndrew said:
Doubt there was a rift in the team. Konig worked for Froome on Pena Cabarga, and Froome probably let Konig try to improve his GC position

Konig left Froome isolated...so doubt it

Yep, I thought the same. Konig isn't a super dom, he always rides for Konig ultimately. Isn't he off to Bora in any case, so there is even less of reason to bust a gut for Froome.

bigcog said:
Cycle Chic said:
PremierAndrew said:
Doubt there was a rift in the team. Konig worked for Froome on Pena Cabarga, and Froome probably let Konig try to improve his GC position

Konig left Froome isolated...so doubt it

Yep, I thought the same. Konig isn't a super dom, he always rides for Konig ultimately. Isn't he off to Bora in any case, so there is even less of reason to bust a gut for Froome.
I'm not sure where he signed but you are correct, he has no reason to bust a gut for Froome. He has every reason to showcase his talents as he will not return to the Sky team for next season due to his inability to fit into the Sky system.

Happy? :rolleyes:

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
bikenrrd said:
The plot thickens:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/froome-says-riders-outside-vuelta-a-espana-time-limit-should-have-remained-excluded/

Seems as though there might be a rift in the team. The first thing my wife said was "what did he say to them all at dinner last night?".

Froome has history of bad positioning. His crash in the 2014 TdF, before they even reached the cobbles, was bad positioning as well. He seemed to have got better in recent years, but his positioning and the behaviour of his team two days ago was rank amateur stuff.

utter *** post

bad positioning

lol

InnocentBewitchedKiwi.gif

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
If that is Froome we see falling there, it's because the rider in front of him unexpectedly deviates to the right and gets in Froome's wheel.
I don't see positioning having much to do with this. Sure, he could've been more to the front. But this is simply bad luck for Froome.
No injury?

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Re:

sniper said:
If that is Froome we see falling there, it's because the rider in front of him unexpectedly deviates to the right and gets in Froome's wheel.
I don't see positioning having much to do with this. Sure, he could've been more to the front. But this is simply bad luck for Froome.
No injury?

this was on stage 4 , 2014 TdF

in this crash Froome broke his wrist

the next day, on wet roads, unable to control his bike, he crashed 2 more times before the cobbles even started.

not that it has anything with doping but sometimes truth must be said.

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
thehog said:
More importantly, Froome's time loses can only mean one thing... full genius cycling!

he seems quite weak, like he should normally look after TdF. Quintana on the other hand is the true spectacle of full genius. Contador has the "i'm rested" excuse.

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone know if there are diminishing returns to blood doping? Froome has been peaking (or trying to) for almost 10 weeks now, would his first BB be more effective than subsequent ones?

May 26, 2010
Visit site

Amnes2015 said:
sniper said:
No injury?

this was on stage 4 , 2014 TdF

in this crash Froome broke his wrist

the next day, on wet roads, unable to control his bike, he crashed 2 more times before the cobbles even started.

not that it has anything with doping but sometimes truth must be said.

plenty of truths in here for those who don't have heads buried in the sand.

Amnes2015 said:
thehog said:
More importantly, Froome's time loses can only mean one thing... full genius cycling!

he seems quite weak, like he should normally look after TdF. Quintana on the other hand is the true spectacle of full genius. Contador has the "i'm rested" excuse.

Froome rode 35 mins at 6.17w in week one, he is fine. When he needs to use his super powers Froome somehow finds them, like on Pena.

Froome will go genius, he was made a fool of by Contador and Quintana. He'll want to be just like them, he is a little weak in that respect.

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
thehog said:
Amnes2015 said:
thehog said:

Froome rode 35 mins at 6.17w in week one, he is fine. When he needs to use his super powers Froome somehow finds them, like on Pena.

Froome will go genius, he was made a fool of by Contador and Quintana. He'll want to be just like them, he is a little weak in that respect.

Hopefully Froome shifts into another gear tomorrow and lights things up with one of his classic seated attacks :lol:

Durden93 said:
thehog said:
Amnes2015 said:
thehog said:

Hopefully Froome shifts into another gear tomorrow and lights things up with one of his classic seated attacks :lol:

I think its time for the seated attacks to make a return! He really only needs to get a minute then take back 2.30 in the ITT, race won for the Dawg, simples.

TRENDING THREADS