• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 921 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
rick james said:
BullsFan22 said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/froome-calls-on-anti-doping-authorities-to-urgently-address-tue-system/
I think we can all say well done Chris Froome, as usual leading the way

Except he's a hypocrite because he won the Tour De Romandie with an injection/TUE.

Maybe Froome could do a Skinner, then we could say well done? Maybe he could release his Bilharzia medical reports on top of the childhood asthma.....don't hold your breath or if you are going to get a shot of kenacort, I believe Wiggo loves them.

Benotti69 said:
rick james said:
BullsFan22 said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/froome-calls-on-anti-doping-authorities-to-urgently-address-tue-system/

Except he's a hypocrite because he won the Tour De Romandie with an injection/TUE.

Maybe Froome could do a Skinner, then we could say well done? Maybe he could release his Bilharzia medical reports on top of the childhood asthma.....don't hold your breath or if you are going to get a shot of kenacort, I believe Wiggo loves them.

Methinks someone isn't content with being a 3 time TdF winner going into 2017 ;)

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Froome is so annoying. But I'll give him credit, he's deviating from the Armstrong path in this one sense...not being outright hostile to people, and talking a good game. He's a good politician, but like all of them, so fake. Unfortunately, I see Wiggins as the one Brit who will be going down (maybe DB as well), and Wonderboy 2.0 will never be outed.

Benotti69 said:
rick james said:
BullsFan22 said:

why should Froome realise his information? Deep down you lot will never be happy with it and you'll just keep moving the goal posts.

Its embarrassing that Skinner felt the need to realise his own personal records, privacy counts for nothing with some folk

Re:

mike75 said:
Froome is so annoying. But I'll give him credit, he's deviating from the Armstrong path in this one sense...not being outright hostile to people, and talking a good game. He's a good politician, but like all of them, so fake. Unfortunately, I see Wiggins as the one Brit who will be going down (maybe DB as well), and Wonderboy 2.0 will never be outed.
Maybe, just maybe there is nothing to be outed :surprised:

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

rick james said:
mike75 said:
Maybe, just maybe there is nothing to be outed :surprised:

Froome's transformation is the greatest ever. That involves doping.

Benotti69 said:
rick james said:
BullsFan22 said:

Absolutely, and why not? It's not like it's not been documented hundreds of times as the reasoning for his performance, and he himself has spoken about it freely. It's not like there's any medical confidentiality left after how much he's leveraged the excuse. I don't remember seeing him say much about Asthma, but if legit, then it's not exactly embarrassing either... RELEASE THE MEDICAL RECORDS - WHAT HAVE YOU GOT TO HIDE???

rick james said:
Benotti69 said:
rick james said:
BullsFan22 said:

why should Froome realise his information? Deep down you lot will never be happy with it and you'll just keep moving the goal posts.

Its embarrassing that Skinner felt the need to realise his own personal records, privacy counts for nothing with some folk

The better question is why shouldn't he release his information? He's spoken about the conditions freely, so medical records supporting them is what is called "transparency" and it's what Team Sky and Froome keep banging on about, but show very little of...

It's not about moving the goal posts - it's about providing as much clarity and transparency as possible. Something that is spoken about ad nauseum, but demonstrated rarely.

I beg to differ about Skinner - it's exactly what I'd expect of someone with Asthma who legitimately had it. As if it's an embarrassing condition... :rolleyes:

rick james said:

71c83fb8293467e09068f46f5d2edf81.png

93c01c3d96b0c2bf78350473ea6a788f.png

Froome can release all his medical history, all his power stats, all his records for everything. He could test clean every single time. In fact you know what, he could have credible guys like Kimmage suddenly defending him after they somehow become convinced that Froome is clean.

But nothing will ever fool me into thinking that those images are possible naturally for someone who isn't seriously malnourished, and malnourished kids don't produce over 6W/kg for 40 minutes

May 26, 2010
Visit site
rick james said:
Benotti69 said:
rick james said:
BullsFan22 said:

Froome wants to be believed in, well he knows what he has to do, transparency and honesty. He has been neither.

Skinner was not embarrassed, no need to be embarrassed on his behalf.

If only Wiggins wasn't so sick in the TdF'12 where Froome had to push him across the line so Wiggins could win and beat all those healthy guys behind them..........

Privacy is a matter for the individual and Skinner felt no problem showing the world his asthma records.

Froome had no problem citing Bihalrzia, asthma and other such stuff as to reasons for his transformation. Well if you are going to talk publicly about these matters, a little documentary evidence is not anymore embarrassing.

But then you know this.

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Re:

mike75 said:

well, not attacking everyone, but like any "good politician" he mastered the art of brutal hypocrisy straght into your face... saying without a shadow of shame that he's afraid the "system is open to abuse"... and lecturing the world on morality, etalons of clean cycling etc. Well, it's never the "system" that abuses itself, it's the DOPERS!

doperhopper said:
mike75 said:

well, not attacking everyone, but like any "good politician" he mastered the art of brutal hypocrisy straght into your face... saying without a shadow of shame that he's afraid the "system is open to abuse"... and lecturing the world on morality, etalons of clean cycling etc. Well, it's never the "system" that abuses itself, it's the DOPERS!

He did the same with Tenerife...he is being 'clever' or at least Michelle is :)

"You don't see champions who come from nowhere anymore. The likes of Niaro Quintana and Esteban Chaves have a pedigree, they shone on the Tour de l'Avenir. It is reassuning." PRUDHOMMME

Of course whilst the elephant in the room is Froome (lets assume Wiggins is from another era)..he pointedly mentions him not...

Unless of course there is a fuller transcript which cyclinews has not reproduced?

so,I'll rephrase for him. "Apart from our current champion, you don't see champions who come from nowhere anymore" :)

Re:

ontheroad said:
Has Prudhomme failed to notice Froome? He is the epitomy of a 'come from nowhere' cyclist and has dominated the tour for the last 5 years. Ludicrous comments choosing to ignore the obvious.

I thought that by naming Chaves and Quintana and excluding Froome, he was actually making quite a provocative statement. Especially given the timing - of the Wiggins controversy etc. And that he actually said "they don't come from nowhere anymore."

I don't think that's naive or accidental. I genuinely interpret him as saying (between the lines) "I believe Froome and Sky are doping."

And why not? They're terrible for his brand.

ClassicomanoLuigi said:
nothing will ever fool me into thinking that those images are possible naturally for someone who isn't seriously malnourished, and malnourished kids don't produce over 6W/kg for 40 minutes
Yes, those wristbands worn by Froome in the images are the fundraising bracelet for the Bilharzia Foundation.
To encourage public awareness, let's end the stigma of bilharzia emaciation, once and for all. You can buy one, too!
All profits from the sale of wristbands will be used toward medical research, into this neglected subtropical disease.

Team Sky has some 'imaginative' answers for some of the more-trenchant questions raised about performance and personnel.
Indeedly, I still remember the first time I mentioned bilharzia to my south african sis in law (medically qualified I may add). She just laughed, knew friends who contracted it growing up after swimming, common and easily diagnosed, you take a pill (or two), yay big (her words) and that's that. Basically, she just dismissed it as an annoyance easily treated. For those poorer, who can't afford the medication, I'm in no doubt it can be a problem if went untreated. For it to go undetected in a pro cyclist getting his blood tested in the Sky Lab is just beyond believable for me.

ferryman said:
ClassicomanoLuigi said:
nothing will ever fool me into thinking that those images are possible naturally for someone who isn't seriously malnourished, and malnourished kids don't produce over 6W/kg for 40 minutes
Yes, those wristbands worn by Froome in the images are the fundraising bracelet for the Bilharzia Foundation.
To encourage public awareness, let's end the stigma of bilharzia emaciation, once and for all. You can buy one, too!
All profits from the sale of wristbands will be used toward medical research, into this neglected subtropical disease.

Team Sky has some 'imaginative' answers for some of the more-trenchant questions raised about performance and personnel.
Indeedly, I still remember the first time I mentioned bilharzia to my south african sis in law (medically qualified I may add). She just laughed, knew friends who contracted it growing up after swimming, common and easily diagnosed, you take a pill (or two), yay big (her words) and that's that. Basically, she just dismissed it as an annoyance easily treated. For those poorer, who can't afford the medication, I'm in no doubt it can be a problem if went untreated. For it to go undetected in a pro cyclist getting his blood tested in the Sky Lab is just beyond believable for me.

I doubt it would be tested for in a routine screening in Western Europe, unless someone actually looked at his blood under a microscope I could see how it could be missed.

The Hegelian said:
ontheroad said:
Has Prudhomme failed to notice Froome? He is the epitomy of a 'come from nowhere' cyclist and has dominated the tour for the last 5 years. Ludicrous comments choosing to ignore the obvious.

I thought that by naming Chaves and Quintana and excluding Froome, he was actually making quite a provocative statement. Especially given the timing - of the Wiggins controversy etc. And that he actually said "they don't come from nowhere anymore."

I don't think that's naive or accidental. I genuinely interpret him as saying (between the lines) "I believe Froome and Sky are doping."

And why not? They're terrible for his brand.

Yes, that was how I interpreted his remarks. Of course he was also promoting le tour de l'avenir!

MatParker117 said:
ferryman said:
ClassicomanoLuigi said:

I doubt it would be tested for in a routine screening in Western Europe, unless someone actually looked at his blood under a microscope I could see how it could be missed.
Really? We are talking about the no stone left unturned Sky here. An African cyclist claiming all the sympotms of a common infection from that Continent. It really really doesn't stand up. Not relevant but i remember a big name footballer being diagnosed with testicular cancer after a random drugs test after a Scottish cup final. Point being tests should and pic
k up anamolies in your blood. I know mine did.

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
ferryman said:
MatParker117 said:
ferryman said:
ClassicomanoLuigi said:

Really? We are talking about the no stone left unturned Sky here. An African cyclist claiming all the sympotms of a common infection from that Continent. It really really doesn't stand up. Not relevant but i remember a big name footballer being diagnosed with testicular cancer after a random drugs test after a Scottish cup final. Point being tests should and pic
k up anamolies in your blood. I know mine did.
I think you are mistaken there. It is well known within the non-medical society that African blood, like Eskimo fat, is a very special substance. Only a quack can do the tests necessary.

MatParker117 said:
ferryman said:
ClassicomanoLuigi said:

What is this based on?

Have you read about how Bilharzia is tested for in Europe vs in Africa?

TRENDING THREADS