• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 987 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
thehog said:
wansteadimp said:
thehog said:
Re: Froome. He did the Olympic test race after Poland in London. He then went to Manchester then to the Vuelta.

As for EPO use, I don’t think it would help anyone in Poland. A largely flat course ridden flat out. My theory is something occurred in Manchester, GW516 & AICAR, fitness in a pill.

In 2012 Froome went missing again for Badzhilla said he had another treatment and came back to the Tour absurdly skinny and in amazing form.

In 2013 Froome claims he has been “cured”.

The curious part is why? Not due to ride the Vuelta, about to be dropped by Sky.

Why are Sky/BC keen to give him expensive meds at this point? So he can prove how great he is that they have to give him a fat contract.

Leinders has been on the scene for virtually a full season at this point and not succeeded (more likely not tried given Froome's spot on SDBs graph!).

Because his job was to help Wiggins win the Vuelta, which he was doing in the first week very well.

He was a lab rat in the summer of 2011, rehearsal for Wiggins Tour next year. Vuelta wasn't their target at all.

Angliru said:
rick james said:
The Hitch said:
rick james said:
thehog said:
Re: Froome. He did the Olympic test race after Poland in London. He then went to Manchester then to the Vuelta.

As for EPO use, I don’t think it would help anyone in Poland. A largely flat course ridden flat out. My theory is something occurred in Manchester, GW516 & AICAR, fitness in a pill.

In 2012 Froome went missing again for Badzhilla said he had another treatment and came back to the Tour absurdly skinny and in amazing form.

Cured?????? it never goes away does it?

This is hillarious.

Chris Froome once claimed that Bilharzia never goes away.

All medical literature clearly says that it does.
The fact that you are asking this quesitons shows that you pretty much take everything Chris Froome says as gospel.
i'm here to be proved wrong, all I was doing was asking because I've never looked into an African diseases, I doubt me being in Scotland i will ever haver to deal with it...sorry I don't have the sort of agenda you have with froome that makes you check every single details of his life...sad really

...and yet one makes a concerted effort to constantly post bs in the Contador thread further promoting an "agenda" there and then cry foul when getting called on it. Don't take the holier than thou attitude. You're no better than the rest of us. Really sad.
what BS would that be? the fact I called bertie a dirty cheat?

Blanco said:
thehog said:
wansteadimp said:
thehog said:

The curious part is why? Not due to ride the Vuelta, about to be dropped by Sky.

Why are Sky/BC keen to give him expensive meds at this point? So he can prove how great he is that they have to give him a fat contract.

Leinders has been on the scene for virtually a full season at this point and not succeeded (more likely not tried given Froome's spot on SDBs graph!).

Because his job was to help Wiggins win the Vuelta, which he was doing in the first week very well.

He was a lab rat in the summer of 2011, rehearsal for Wiggins Tour next year. Vuelta wasn't their target at all.
Since you know so much about he was and what he did in 2011 why dont you enlighten us? :rolleyes:

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
Blanco said:
thehog said:
wansteadimp said:
thehog said:

And at the same time was offered to Vaughters and Bruyneel :confused:

silvergrenade said:
Blanco said:
thehog said:
wansteadimp said:
thehog said:

Since you know so much about he was and what he did in 2011 why dont you enlighten us? :rolleyes:

we all know what he did in 2011...we saw it..

the collective "who is that?" was uttered across the continent as soon as the road went upwards in the Vuelta

in scenes reminiscent of Wiggo in 2009

seems a more plausible explanation the badzilla and the diet....

miguelindurain111 said:
Blanco said:
thehog said:
wansteadimp said:
thehog said:

that's how gambling and hedging your bets works.......please don't start gambling ;)

Because his job was to help Wiggins win the Vuelta, which he was doing in the first week very well.[/quote]

He was a lab rat in the summer of 2011, rehearsal for Wiggins Tour next year. Vuelta wasn't their target at all.[/quote]
And at the same time was offered to Vaughters and Bruyneel :confused:[/quote]

that's how gambling and hedging your bets works.......please don't start gambling ;)[/quote]

Offering him to Vaughters at the end of a year in which he's been used as a lab rat for Wiggins?? Quite a high risk play that one, don't you think?!

Because his job was to help Wiggins win the Vuelta, which he was doing in the first week very well.[/quote]

He was a lab rat in the summer of 2011, rehearsal for Wiggins Tour next year. Vuelta wasn't their target at all.[/quote]
Since you know so much about he was and what he did in 2011 why dont you enlighten us? :rolleyes:[/quote]

the collective "who is that?" was uttered across the continent as soon as the road went upwards in the Vuelta

seems a more plausible explanation the badzilla and the diet....[/quote]

We all know what happened in 2011.

But we're all still searching for answers as to what he did (ie. the exact methods employed) to make what happened happen...

brownbobby said:
The most oft repeated reason for peoples absolute certainty of Froomes doping is the magical 3 week transformation from pack fodder/donkey/insert your own put down....to the best GT rider of a generation. Its the timing and sheer unprecedented nature of this transformation that leaves me so unsure, rather than convincing me as it seems to have done many others.

I think it can be taken as fact that Sky were about to offload Froome before his magical transformation, so this is what i dont understand; Why would Sky invest so much and take such a big risk on a rider they were looking to let go? Surely they wouldn't, so do we assume that Froome went freelance with the most successful doping programme ever undertaken in such a short space of time?

Again i find this hard to believe, the type of programmes being spoken about i would imagine would be both prohibitively expensive (ive read that an effective use of Aicar/GW5156 would be in the region of £1m at the time) for a rider of Froomes status at the time and extremely difficult to undertake without the knowledge of the full team/medical support. Im pretty sure old school EPO couldn't bring about this transformation alone.
One of the interesting things about this comment is that while it appears to be open to the possibility that doping is the cause of the transition, it immediately shuts the door on such a possibility, suggesting a doping regime described that is allegedly prohibitively expensive, and thus blocks the possibility of other doping programmes.

fmk_RoI said:
brownbobby said:
The most oft repeated reason for peoples absolute certainty of Froomes doping is the magical 3 week transformation from pack fodder/donkey/insert your own put down....to the best GT rider of a generation. Its the timing and sheer unprecedented nature of this transformation that leaves me so unsure, rather than convincing me as it seems to have done many others.

I think it can be taken as fact that Sky were about to offload Froome before his magical transformation, so this is what i dont understand; Why would Sky invest so much and take such a big risk on a rider they were looking to let go? Surely they wouldn't, so do we assume that Froome went freelance with the most successful doping programme ever undertaken in such a short space of time?

Again i find this hard to believe, the type of programmes being spoken about i would imagine would be both prohibitively expensive (ive read that an effective use of Aicar/GW5156 would be in the region of £1m at the time) for a rider of Froomes status at the time and extremely difficult to undertake without the knowledge of the full team/medical support. Im pretty sure old school EPO couldn't bring about this transformation alone.
One of the interesting things about this comment is that while it appears to be open to the possibility that doping is the cause of the transition, it immediately shuts the door on such a possibility, suggesting a doping regime described that is allegedly prohibitively expensive, and thus blocks the possibility of other doping programmes.

Not quite sure how you read between the lines of my comment to come to that conclusion, but its the wrong conclusion. For the record, i believe, on the balance of probability, that Froome is cheating somehow. I just have doubts about the most commonly proposed theories for exactly how he's cheating, doubts which you have requoted above. Doubts which i've posted on here to seek the thoughts of others.

Simple as that really, its unfortunate if you continue to see any agenda other than that in my posts.

brownbobby said:

Since you know so much about he was and what he did in 2011 why dont you enlighten us? :rolleyes:[/quote]

seems a more plausible explanation the badzilla and the diet....[/quote]

But we're all still searching for answers as to what he did (ie. the exact methods employed) to make what happened happen...[/quote]

indeed we are

just because you don't know how the magician managed to saw the body in half...you still know he didn't saw the body in half

May 26, 2010
Visit site
brownbobby said:

But we're all still searching for answers as to what he did (ie. the exact methods employed) to make what happened happen...

Don't worry. It will be a combination of PEDs and motors. :)

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
thehog said:
rick james said:
Benotti69 said:
brownbobby said:

Will it? How do you know that? Guess work again?

You didn’t see Ventoux 2013? ET mode? :cool:

Ventoux 2013 implies he used motor in 2011 :confused:

Re: Re:

rick james said:
Angliru said:
@ rickjames

I was referring to the BS droppings that you leave in the PRR Contador thread, although I'm sure you're fairly consistent with your BS all over the forum. :)
Just because I don't believe the sun shines out Bertie's **** like some on here...Bertie deserves to be ridiculed

You know, you were very respectful in your posts (except for the one about the "shitz") after his win on Angliru and after the Vuelta was over so I will sincerely apologize.

Edit: Although I do firmly think that you believe the sun and many interstellar constellations shine out of your hero Froome's narrow derriere.

silvergrenade said:
Blanco said:
thehog said:
wansteadimp said:
thehog said:

I just did!

miguelindurain111 said:
Blanco said:
thehog said:
wansteadimp said:
thehog said:

He was offered before, but when they turned him down, Sky made him an offer he can't refuse :p

miguelindurain111 said:
thehog said:
rick james said:
Benotti69 said:
brownbobby said:

Will it? How do you know that? Guess work again?

You didn’t see Ventoux 2013? ET mode? :cool:

Ventoux 2013 implies he used motor in 2011 :confused:

No, there were PED's in 2011 and 2012, by him and Wiggins (and the whole train), motors came into play in 2013, because they were so afraid of AC Velasco.

TRENDING THREADS