• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 993 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
New satire in Viz magazine
Q0hJvc.gif

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Really looking forward to Froome and robo sky vs Dumolin next year. We'll see how he fares when he has to attack. Hopefully he has time for a bike change before the Alpe ;)

Re: Re:

silvergrenade said:
Durden93 said:
Really looking forward to Froome and robo sky vs Dumolin next year. We'll see how he fares when he has to attack. Hopefully he has time for a bike change before the Alpe ;)
But will he need to attack?
Dumo might be the first of his GC rivals to crack when they up the pace with legendary Woet Poels. :p ;)

Or will it turn into a yo-yo competition? :D

Robert5091 said:
silvergrenade said:
Durden93 said:
Dumo might be the first of his GC rivals to crack when they up the pace with legendary Woet Poels. :p ;)

Or will it turn into a yo-yo competition? :D
At the Vuelta? Maybe.
At the Tour...LPSM, Ax3, Ventoux Type massacre. :razz:

silvergrenade said:
Durden93 said:
And if Poels is on a good day Froome might crack with Dumoulin.

I don't think Dumoulin's climbing was worse than Froome this year, it's just that Dumoulin was alone when he started fading.

And Froome definitely has better accelerations.

We'll see how Froome does when he focuses on Tour only again. I think the days of PSM and Ax3 could be behind us. Next July Froome will be 33, and when Evans won it at 34 he was considered ancient for a Tour champion.

Red Rick said:
silvergrenade said:
Durden93 said:

I don't think Dumoulin's climbing was worse than Froome this year, it's just that Dumoulin was alone when he started fading.

We'll see how Froome does when he focuses on Tour only again. I think the days of PSM and Ax3 could be behind us. Next July Froome will be 33, and when Evans won it at 34 he was considered ancient for a Tour champion.
Cadel Evans cannot be compared to Froome. He won it at 34 and was the only GT he ever won. As far as age is concerned, we'll just have to see. 35 is the new 30.
I just hope when Dumoulin goes up against Froome he has what it takes in the high mountains. Quintana has been hyped over the years after having won his Giro but has been thoroughly beaten at the Tour. The Giro is okay, but the Tour is the Tour. Better peaks, better teams, more control, tougher competition. With just 30 Kms of TT, he'll gain 30-60 secs. Not much.
We'll see how Dumo does. IMO, Porte and Quintana remain the biggest challengers to Froome unless we see something at TdR or Dauphine to suggest otherwise.
As for Ax3, LPSM they definitely can happen. Tour 2016 Ventoux was similar with Porte, Froome giving it to everybody. It's a shame the bike came in between. :razz:

Re:

LaFlorecita said:
To me, all signs point to Dumoulin defending his Giro title, and Sky fans will say he's dodging Froome rather than just picking the best course for his skillset.
Not sure. The TTT favours Dumoulin over anyone but Froome and Porte, and the cumulative climbing is lower in the Tour, which might just be his biggest weakness. In the Giro he started fading on the penultimate mountain stage, and he was very lucky they did not climb another side of Monte Grappa. I imagine the climbers will be more urgently trying to work together to distance Dumoulin, and it seems like the Finestre will be in at 70km from the finish.

I do have to say that so far the Giro field is looking a lot less stacked than the one he beat this year. Most of the firepower is headed to the Tour it seems.

I do wonder if the worlds in Innsbruck might play a role in the decision. The TT suits him again, and the road race could be his only shot. My guess that a Vuelta attempt of not on the table regardless.

Wherever Dumoulin is going, Sunweb better ditch Oomen's and Kelderman's GC ambitions for the Tour or Giro and send both wherever Dumoulin goes.

silvergrenade said:
Red Rick said:
silvergrenade said:
Durden93 said:

Cadel Evans cannot be compared to Froome. He won it at 34 and was the only GT he ever won. As far as age is concerned, we'll just have to see. 35 is the new 30.
I just hope when Dumoulin goes up against Froome he has what it takes in the high mountains. Quintana has been hyped over the years after having won his Giro but has been thoroughly beaten at the Tour. The Giro is okay, but the Tour is the Tour. Better peaks, better teams, more control, tougher competition. With just 30 Kms of TT, he'll gain 30-60 secs. Not much.
We'll see how Dumo does. IMO, Porte and Quintana remain the biggest challengers to Froome unless we see something at TdR or Dauphine to suggest otherwise.
As for Ax3, LPSM they definitely can happen. Tour 2016 Ventoux was similar with Porte, Froome giving it to everybody. It's a shame the bike came in between. :razz:

correct....Froome cannot be compared to Evans...look how good Evans was and he only won one GT...meanwhile, our hapless hero..... (PS - when I say good, I mean world class performances not...eh...the anatomic jock race)

Froome (basic wiki) palmares age 20 - 25

1st Stage 2 Tour of Mauritius
1st Jersey yellow.svg Overall Tour of Mauritius

1st Stages 2 & 3

2nd Anatomic Jock Race
1st Jersey yellow.svg Overall Mi-Août en Bretagne
1st Stage 5 Giro delle Regioni
1st Stage 6 Tour of Japan
2nd Berg en Dale Classic
2nd Silver medal blank.svg Time trial, UCI B World Championships
3rd Road race, All-Africa Games
8th Tour du Doubs
2nd Overall Giro del Capo
3rd Giro dell'Appennino
4th Overall Herald Sun Tour
6th Overall Volta ao Distrito de Santarém
1st Stage 2 Giro del Capo
1st Anatomic Jock Race
4th Road race, National Road Championships
9th Gran Premio Nobili Rubinetterie
2nd Time trial, National Road Championships
5th Time trial, Commonwealth Games
9th Overall Tour du Haut Var

Evans (basic wiki) palmares age 20-25

1st MaillotAustralia.PNG National XC MTB Championships
2nd Silver medal blank.svg Under-23 XC Mountain Bike World Championship

1st Overall Mountain Bike World Cup
1st Jersey yellow.svg Overall Tour of Tasmania

1st Stage 3

1st Jersey white.svg Young rider classification Tour Down Under
2nd Silver medal blank.svg Under-23 XC Mountain Bike World Championships
7th Sydney Olympics Mountain Bike Cross Country
1st Jersey yellow.svg Overall Tour of Austria
2nd Silver medal blank.svg Team Relay Mountain Bike World Championships
Commonwealth Games

1st Gold medal blank.svg Time trial
2nd Silver medal blank.svg Road race

Tour Down Under

1st Jersey white.svg Mountains classification
1st Stage 5

1st Stage 1 Settimana Ciclistica Internazionale
1st Stage 4 International UNIQA Classic
3rd Overall Tour de Romandie
6th Overall Tour of the Basque Country
10th Overall Paris–Nice
Giro d'Italia

Held Jersey pink.svg after Stage 15–16

...and then....all of a sudden...... ;)

gillan1969 said:
silvergrenade said:
Red Rick said:
silvergrenade said:
Durden93 said:

correct....Froome cannot be compared to Evans...look how good Evans was and he only won one GT...meanwhile, our hapless hero..... (PS - when I say good, I mean world class performances not...eh...the anatomic jock race)

Froome (basic wiki) palmares age 20 - 25

1st Stage 2 Tour of Mauritius
1st Jersey yellow.svg Overall Tour of Mauritius

1st Stages 2 & 3

2nd Anatomic Jock Race
1st Jersey yellow.svg Overall Mi-Août en Bretagne
1st Stage 5 Giro delle Regioni
1st Stage 6 Tour of Japan
2nd Berg en Dale Classic
2nd Silver medal blank.svg Time trial, UCI B World Championships
3rd Road race, All-Africa Games
8th Tour du Doubs
2nd Overall Giro del Capo
3rd Giro dell'Appennino
4th Overall Herald Sun Tour
6th Overall Volta ao Distrito de Santarém
1st Stage 2 Giro del Capo
1st Anatomic Jock Race
4th Road race, National Road Championships
9th Gran Premio Nobili Rubinetterie
2nd Time trial, National Road Championships
5th Time trial, Commonwealth Games
9th Overall Tour du Haut Var

Evans (basic wiki) palmares age 20-25

1st MaillotAustralia.PNG National XC MTB Championships
2nd Silver medal blank.svg Under-23 XC Mountain Bike World Championship

1st Jersey yellow.svg Overall Tour of Tasmania

1st Stage 3

1st Jersey white.svg Young rider classification Tour Down Under
2nd Silver medal blank.svg Under-23 XC Mountain Bike World Championships
7th Sydney Olympics Mountain Bike Cross Country
1st Jersey yellow.svg Overall Tour of Austria
2nd Silver medal blank.svg Team Relay Mountain Bike World Championships
Commonwealth Games

1st Gold medal blank.svg Time trial
2nd Silver medal blank.svg Road race

Tour Down Under

1st Jersey white.svg Mountains classification
1st Stage 5

1st Stage 1 Settimana Ciclistica Internazionale
1st Stage 4 International UNIQA Classic
3rd Overall Tour de Romandie
6th Overall Tour of the Basque Country
10th Overall Paris–Nice
Giro d'Italia

Held Jersey pink.svg after Stage 15–16

...and then....all of a sudden...... ;)

Thanks for reminding me of Cadels palmares....Mucho mucho gracias!

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site

Thanks for reminding me of Cadels palmares....Mucho mucho gracias![/quote]
You cannot discuss with Froome so called fans , idon't trust Froome , i will trust him only if he will allows me to be with him 24 hours for 365 days , dismantled the bike he uses and see if he goes to the bathroom if he dopes yes i resist to him have a sh*** , zero privacy otherwise you are a cheater for me I DO NOT BELIEVE IN MIRACLES

telencefalus said:
You cannot discuss with Froome so called fans , idon't trust Froome , i will trust him only if he will allows me to be with him 24 hours for 365 days , dismantled the bike he uses and see if he goes to the bathroom if he dopes yes i resist to him have a sh*** , zero privacy otherwise you are a cheater for me I DO NOT BELIEVE IN MIRACLES[/quote]
Yep. Anyone that believes in Froome is a fool. If they want to like him, fine. But to think he is clean? Not a *** chance in hell

telencefalus said:
You cannot discuss with Froome so called fans , idon't trust Froome , i will trust him only if he will allows me to be with him 24 hours for 365 days , dismantled the bike he uses and see if he goes to the bathroom if he dopes yes i resist to him have a sh*** , zero privacy otherwise you are a cheater for me I DO NOT BELIEVE IN MIRACLES[/quote]

the standout is of course less cadel's palmares and more the anatomic jock race.... :)

and of course whilst both 21, whilst cadel was winning the MTB world cup overall..... Froome was getting lapped at the Commie games MTB race...bearing in mind the competitors racing I've raced, I reckon I might have even beaten him that day.....

best ever??? jesus wept........

telencefalus said:
You cannot discuss with Froome so called fans , idon't trust Froome , i will trust him only if he will allows me to be with him 24 hours for 365 days , dismantled the bike he uses and see if he goes to the bathroom if he dopes yes i resist to him have a sh*** , zero privacy otherwise you are a cheater for me I DO NOT BELIEVE IN MIRACLES

What do you want to discuss?
Nobody cares whether you believe Froome or not.
Doping has been prevalent in cycling way before Froome was even born. Hell, amateur riders are doping.
You're smart to not believe in miracles. :razz:

TRENDING THREADS