• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1008 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

veganrob said:
silvergrenade said:
gillan1969 said:
70kmph said:
His reign is nearly finished because too old for the Tour now. Unless Sky can find a replacement they will start looking like has-beens for a few years, maybe they can target a monument or start a string of failed assaults at the big tours...

when horner can win a GT at whatever age using whatever help then unfortunately, when you have an athlete which nothing makes sense about, I wouldn't write-off the hapless hero being around for a while longer....rubbing it in the nose of everyone for a while yet I fear......
Yup. And the only thing you can do is cry and whine about it. It's so funny.
But you are still ok supporting the dopers, well, as long as you like them personally.
Good for me, right? :lol:

TourOfSardinia said:
thehog said:
danielovichdk2 said:
Please educate me around why there are possible safe havens for athetes. Because I do not understand why it is so hard to test these people on an island like tenerife of mallorca.

Heck, I would volunteer to test these people if I lived there. I would even do it for free, just hoping to catch some.

Because it’s utterly pointless to test for the passport at altitude. It’s also pointless testing before and after hence why cyclists love going up and down. The passport is already low sensitivity due to avoiding false positives and has an additional algorithm to allow for being at altitude the week prior, during and he week after. So microdose at will with EPO, it’s simply not going to be detected.

Froome knows this of course, hence why he pretends he is being anti-doping by asking for more testing at altitude.

Yeah but this time he's in Majorca
where roads don't get any higher that 870m above sea-level.

Majorca gets to 1445m and is classed as altitude.

http://www.cyclinglocations.com/altitude-training-camp-mallorca/

thehog said:
TourOfSardinia said:
thehog said:
danielovichdk2 said:
Please educate me around why there are possible safe havens for athetes. Because I do not understand why it is so hard to test these people on an island like tenerife of mallorca.

Heck, I would volunteer to test these people if I lived there. I would even do it for free, just hoping to catch some.

Because it’s utterly pointless to test for the passport at altitude. It’s also pointless testing before and after hence why cyclists love going up and down. The passport is already low sensitivity due to avoiding false positives and has an additional algorithm to allow for being at altitude the week prior, during and he week after. So microdose at will with EPO, it’s simply not going to be detected.

Froome knows this of course, hence why he pretends he is being anti-doping by asking for more testing at altitude.

Yeah but this time he's in Majorca
where roads don't get any higher that 870m above sea-level.

Majorca gets to 1445m and is classed as altitude.

http://www.cyclinglocations.com/altitude-training-camp-mallorca/

Puig Major is the highest peak but located in the military zone.....

when horner can win a GT at whatever age using whatever help then unfortunately, when you have an athlete which nothing makes sense about, I wouldn't write-off the hapless hero being around for a while longer....rubbing it in the nose of everyone for a while yet I fear......

Ha yeah he just has to call up Dr Leinders to give him some advice...

70kmph said:

Ha yeah he just has to call up Dr Leinders to give him some advice...
Would you call Leinders when you have Ferrari on speed dial? :lol: :lol:

silvergrenade said:
gillan1969 said:
70kmph said:
His reign is nearly finished because too old for the Tour now. Unless Sky can find a replacement they will start looking like has-beens for a few years, maybe they can target a monument or start a string of failed assaults at the big tours...

i think you'll find I've gone down the "if you didn't laugh you would cry" road with the hapless froome...however its his supporters that i reserve the biggest laugh for.... ;)

gillan1969 said:
silvergrenade said:
gillan1969 said:
70kmph said:

i think you'll find I've gone down the "if you didn't laugh you would cry" road with the hapless froome...however its his supporters that i reserve the biggest laugh for.... ;)
Sure...You should do that for all the dopers' supporters too. :lol: :razz:
Or not, since you come to the forum to ridicule the best gt rider of his generation and the only rider to do the Tour-Vuelta double in the current calendar setting. :)
As I said, keep crying. Nobody cares!

silvergrenade said:
gillan1969 said:
silvergrenade said:
gillan1969 said:
70kmph said:

Or not, since you come to the forum to ridicule the best gt rider of his generation and the only rider to do the Tour-Vuelta double in the current calendar setting. :)

3 words...anatomic, jock and race ;)

Re:

Freddythefrog said:
Froome/Cound are playing an awesome strategic game. Right now he is superbly positioned to win either way, whether he gets exposed or rides off into the sunset. They have watched and learnt. Greed increases the chance of downfall. Froome's modest current public persona and a surfeit of pantomime villains already in place on the stage, mean he can take advantage of exposure like no-one else has ever done before. "Let me tell you how it was and then you decide, it is 2011 and what would you do if you were in my shoes ?" I see a blockbuster of a film and a Froome seriously taken to a lot of people's hearts.

Lance in the Champs "I feel sorry for those who can't believe". Brad on his throne at Hampton Court. Those images don't just rile the internet wan**rs with too much time on their hands operating out of mum's basement. Froome has backed both outcomes at terrific odds. Either way he wins, just as long as he does not shove it in people's faces. So he gets to lose a small down-payment. This BBC gig isn't bothering him right now, certainly he is not missing it because training cannot be rigged around it. The game is still in play and will still be in play up to perhaps even 10 years after he has finished riding.

And just like that .... you’ve extended your contract on this thread for 10 years. Quick hands, Freddy! ;)

gillan1969 said:
silvergrenade said:
gillan1969 said:
silvergrenade said:
gillan1969 said:
[quote="

3 words...anatomic, jock and race ;)
I prefer B Worlds TT:

35e95ada8bcdd1beeaddbd6198d2411c--tough-times-im-fine.jpg

The Hitch said:
pastronef said:
fmk_RoI said:
MartinGT said:
So when the Dawg takes the Giro Tour double we can all banish the 'not enough recover time' myth and its because all the other riders dont take their own pillows?
Except ...
2017: 33 days (May 28 to Jul 1)
2018: 40 days (May 27 to Jul 7)

zzzing
here's that additional week

Could also argue that the extra week makes it even more difficult to stay on form for an extra week.

Remember when in 2012 and 2013 Sky claimed a rider needed 6 months of prep to be on form for the Tour? Now they can launch a quick prep into the Giro then keep it for 80 days?

Another "marginal" gain? Yikes - their margins are pretty big...

The Hitch said:
pastronef said:
fmk_RoI said:
MartinGT said:
So when the Dawg takes the Giro Tour double we can all banish the 'not enough recover time' myth and its because all the other riders dont take their own pillows?
Except ...

zzzing

Could also argue that the extra week makes it even more difficult to stay on form for an extra week.

Remember when in 2012 and 2013 Sky claimed a rider needed 6 months of prep to be on form for the Tour? Now they can launch a quick prep into the Giro then keep it for 80 days?
Is it quick pre or extra long prep? Some will argue they've been prepping for this since last year...

gillan1969 said:
silvergrenade said:
gillan1969 said:
70kmph said:

Hapless seems to be quite a common term used to precede any reference to Froome on this forum. I find this strange. Considering that he's now, according to the record books and until proven otherwise, one of the most successful GT riders of all time, all achieved according to some with next to zero natural talent, then i would argue that he is the very antithesis of hapless
:confused:

brownbobby said:
gillan1969 said:
silvergrenade said:
gillan1969 said:
70kmph said:

Hapless seems to be quite a common term used to precede any reference to Froome on this forum. I find this strange. Considering that he's now, according to the record books and until proven otherwise, one of the most successful GT riders of all time, all achieved according to some with next to zero natural talent, then i would argue that he is the very antithesis of hapless
:confused:
Only one person using it to push their agenda.

fmk_RoI said:
The Hitch said:
pastronef said:
fmk_RoI said:
MartinGT said:
Except ...

zzzing

Is it quick pre or extra long prep? Some will argue they've been prepping for this since last year...
All I know is that only the greatest, most cleansest champions like Pantani, Indurain and Roche can win the Giro - Tour double.

TRENDING THREADS