• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1080 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Bolder said:
Blanco said:
Moser was a great rider however, with or without doping. Froome isn't.

Can't let this one pass. If you judge a rider by results and whether goals are accomplished, Froome is a great rider. He is great at winning Grand Tours.

Moser was amazing, I will grant anyone that. But the days of anyone compiling a record like his are long gone.

We don't know if Froome would have thrived in that era -- I suspect not, but that doesn't matter. Likewise, would Moser have dominated today in the same way? Never, and if he did we'd all know the reason...

You don't get it right. Moser was a champ. You could've saw that from day 1st of his career, until day last. You could've saw that by just looking him riding his bike, he was pure class. That has nothing to do with his results. And on the other side you have some weird physical/mechanical thing, who looks like *** while riding his bike!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/gir...ci-to-sort-out-chris-froomes-salbutamol-case/
The director of the Giro d’Italia Mauro Vegni has said that the UCI must "sort out" Chris Froome's salbutamol case before the start of this year's Italian Grand Tour. He reiterated that he cannot accept a "compromise solution" that would allow Froome to ride and possibly win the Giro d'Italia only to lose his victory due to a positive anti-doping result from another race, which is what happened to Alberto Contador in 2011.

"We were really happy that Froome was going to ride our race. Now we have to hope that everything will be quickly clarified, for Froome, for the interests of the Giro and for cycling in general," Vegni told L'Equipe.

Froome would not be allowed to start, or is this a call to let him off so he can ride?

Blanco said:
Bolder said:
Blanco said:

Can't let this one pass. If you judge a rider by results and whether goals are accomplished, Froome is a great rider. He is great at winning Grand Tours.

Moser was amazing, I will grant anyone that. But the days of anyone compiling a record like his are long gone.

We don't know if Froome would have thrived in that era -- I suspect not, but that doesn't matter. Likewise, would Moser have dominated today in the same way? Never, and if he did we'd all know the reason...

You don't get it right. Moser was a champ. You could've saw that from day 1st of his career, until day last. You could've saw that by just looking him riding his bike, he was pure class. That has nothing to do with his results. And on the other side you have some weird physical/mechanical thing, who looks like **** while riding his bike!

Style and likeability have little to do with true performance as past doping cases have shown. Moser had the pedigree but there was a lot of doubt about him as well. But then to quote a David Bowie line, he didn't appear out of the mist like a "spider from Mars" either.

rick james said:
Robert5091 said:
http://www.velonews.com/2018/01/news/bardet-blasts-froome-doping-inquiry-laughing-stock_454828
Bardet blasts Froome over doping inquiry: ‘We are a laughing stock’

Leading French rider Romain Bardet called cycling “a laughing stock” for failing to announce any sanctions against Chris Froome since his adverse doping test during last year’s Vuelta a Espana was revealed.
The fact is we have no business knowing about froomes abnormal reading, we should only know if he gets found guilty and is banned , it was only leaked because it was froome, I do wonder how many riders have had the same problem that we’ve never heard about

Nosiness ... especially a combination of endogenous and exogenous. Now there's a powerful drug. Irony is ... that it's used to treat suspicion, but often generates a paradoxical reaction. Some doctors now recommend a 'wait and see' approach before medicating (with any of the above) for 'degree of uncertainty.'

Blanco said:
Bolder said:
Blanco said:

You don't get it right. Moser was a champ. You could've saw that from day 1st of his career, until day last. You could've saw that by just looking him riding his bike, he was pure class. That has nothing to do with his results. And on the other side you have some weird physical/mechanical thing, who looks like **** while riding his bike!
let's be more accurate and state "I didn't enjoy seeing him winnning, I didn't want him to win anything, I don't consider him a champ at all" and so on, instead of doing global purely emotional generalizations. ;)

dacooley said:
Blanco said:
Bolder said:
Blanco said:

let's be more accurate and state "I didn't enjoy seeing him winnning, I didn't want him to win anything, I don't consider him a champ at all" and so on, instead of doing global purely emotional generalizations. ;)

Bada boom, bada bing.

At thiiwh point, given Froome's unfortunate string of rare medical conditions, I fully expect a small critter to come bursting out of his chest,doing great damage, but miraculously he goes on to winning the tour. The probabilities probably compute to around the same as his medical history.

Then again, Big Bird came out a few years ago.

Edit: From reading a bit of the scientific literature, that Froome had just enough renal failure to cause a poor performance on Stage 17 and Salbutamol to concentrate in his urine - which would mean he didn't take a piss for a long time - and remain that way while blasting stage 18 is ludicrous considering general renal failure symptoms and treatments such as collapse, hospitalization, dialysis, etc. If he managed to come back from this in one stage I want some of that good stuff.

Oscar's razor is that he freaked over feeling shiite on stage 17 and either overdid his PEDS on stage 18 or screwed up his dose, or it was screwed up on him. Who was in the sky car ?

Robert5091 said:
http://www.velonews.com/2018/01/news/bardet-blasts-froome-doping-inquiry-laughing-stock_454828
Bardet blasts Froome over doping inquiry: ‘We are a laughing stock’

Leading French rider Romain Bardet called cycling “a laughing stock” for failing to announce any sanctions against Chris Froome since his adverse doping test during last year’s Vuelta a Espana was revealed.

Bardet must be laughing constantly then at the sport of cycling. The situation with Froome is just another production of Cycling Follies.

Re:

fmk_RoI said:
To those arguing due process, saying this should all be private until there's a result: Lizzie Deignan's case would still be private if it hadn't been for the leak. Even now, she refuses to allow CAS to officially make the case notes public.

Apologies for taking this OT, but is there a point that they CAN become public? I/e she can no longer block them?

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site

MartinGT said:
fmk_RoI said:
To those arguing due process, saying this should all be private until there's a result: Lizzie Deignan's case would still be private if it hadn't been for the leak. Even now, she refuses to allow CAS to officially make the case notes public.

Apologies for taking this OT, but is there a point that they CAN become public? I/e she can no longer block them?

Think it's correct to say that if the athlete is found guilty then the CAS appeal is automatically published but if the athlete is found not guilty it's the athlete's choice and of course the athlete will always block publication

Wiggo's Package said:
MartinGT said:
fmk_RoI said:

Think it's correct to say that if the athlete is found guilty then the CAS appeal is automatically published but if the athlete is found not guilty it's the athlete's choice and of course the athlete will always block publication due to the incriminating evidence brought forth during said process

just a wee edit :)

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Re:

macbindle said:
I've just got to say this. You are all far too harsh on Froome.

For somebody with so many serious illnesses and a malfunctioning kidney he has done amazingly well to win 4 Grand Tours. You should all cut him some slack and stop being so disabilist.

He is an inspiration to all seriously ill people out there...
( :lol: )
Is there a Para-olympic class out there for GT winners without functioning lungs or kidneys?

Re:

Robert5091 said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/gir...ci-to-sort-out-chris-froomes-salbutamol-case/
The director of the Giro d’Italia Mauro Vegni has said that the UCI must "sort out" Chris Froome's salbutamol case before the start of this year's Italian Grand Tour. He reiterated that he cannot accept a "compromise solution" that would allow Froome to ride and possibly win the Giro d'Italia only to lose his victory due to a positive anti-doping result from another race, which is what happened to Alberto Contador in 2011.

"We were really happy that Froome was going to ride our race. Now we have to hope that everything will be quickly clarified, for Froome, for the interests of the Giro and for cycling in general," Vegni told L'Equipe.

Froome would not be allowed to start, or is this a call to let him off so he can ride?

Sounds like he just wants a decision either way, and the last thing he wants is a potential winner/podiummer then being dq'd.

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
thehog said:
glassmoon said:
Wait a second... some people are actually buying the "kidney day-off" explanation? :eek:

Head over the BikeRadar and yes they are amongst every other ailment he has managed to survive and win four GTs as the same time.

Yes the BR crew take everything Froome, Brailsfraud, Wiggo, etc say on trust. No matter how implausible the story their critical faculties don't kick in. Some might call that naive. Or over-invested emotionally. Whatever

I mean Froome, Brailsfraud, Wiggo, etc couldn't possibly be be lying/doping toerags could they?! Please don't break my heart! Brit don't dope! Hold the line ffs! :lol:

Wiggo's Package said:
thehog said:
glassmoon said:
Wait a second... some people are actually buying the "kidney day-off" explanation? :eek:

Head over the BikeRadar and yes they are amongst every other ailment he has managed to survive and win four GTs as the same time.

Yes the BR crew take everything Froome, Brailsfraud, Wiggo, etc say on trust. No matter how implausible the story their critical faculties don't kick in. Some might call that naive. Or over-invested emotionally. Whatever

I mean Froome, Brailsfraud, Wiggo, etc couldn't possibly be be lying/doping toerags could they?! Please don't break my heart! Brit don't dope! Hold the line ffs! :lol:

I dont read BikeRadar and I am fine. nor over invested emotionally against, nor over invested emotionally for.
I suggest, to the cyclingnews forum members, not to read BikeRadar forum, it could be the right solution ;)

TRENDING THREADS