• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1117 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
This is so disappointing. I dont like Froome or Sky and they gotta do better than this. He shouldnt be racing at all right now.

Hopefully he will be declining anyway.[/quote]

Tell that to the organisers of the Ruta del Sol...[/quote]

I blame the team and himself.[/quote]

I'm sure you do, that wasn't my point...which was that not everybody is unhappy to see Froome still riding.[/quote]

http://www.steephill.tv/players/youtube3/?title=Christopher+Froome+-+interview+before+the+start&dashboard=vuelta-a-andalucia-ruta-ciclista-del-sol&id=fmsRgtcJfcE&yr=2018

it appears CF's main defence is he did nothing wrong and his case should be confidential. allied to SDBs ridiculous comments earlier on sky news, it seems the level of denial and delusion on that team bus is reaching fever pitch[/quote]

I would say that's a pretty sound starting point and should be the foundation of any defense, in any walk of life...[/quote]

unless you are guilty!

53*11 said:
This is so disappointing. I dont like Froome or Sky and they gotta do better than this. He shouldnt be racing at all right now.

Hopefully he will be declining anyway.

Tell that to the organisers of the Ruta del Sol...[/quote]

I'm sure you do, that wasn't my point...which was that not everybody is unhappy to see Froome still riding.[/quote]

http://www.steephill.tv/players/youtube3/?title=Christopher+Froome+-+interview+before+the+start&dashboard=vuelta-a-andalucia-ruta-ciclista-del-sol&id=fmsRgtcJfcE&yr=2018

it appears CF's main defence is he did nothing wrong and his case should be confidential. allied to SDBs ridiculous comments earlier on sky news, it seems the level of denial and delusion on that team bus is reaching fever pitch[/quote]

I would say that's a pretty sound starting point and should be the foundation of any defense, in any walk of life...[/quote]

unless you are guilty![/quote]

Well obviously, but it would be pretty stupid, even by Froomes standards, to start his defence off with 'I am guilty as charged m'lud'

That would no longer be called a defense, and i think we're way past the point of confession.

brownbobby said:
53*11 said:

Tell that to the organisers of the Ruta del Sol...

Well obviously, but it would be pretty stupid, even by Froomes standards, to start his defence off with 'I am guilty as charged m'lud'

That would no longer be called a defense, and i think we're way past the point of confession.[/quote]

ah...the shaggy defence m'lud........it wasn't me ;)

gillan1969 said:
brownbobby said:
53*11 said:

Tell that to the organisers of the Ruta del Sol...

I blame the team and himself.

That would no longer be called a defense, and i think we're way past the point of confession.[/quote]

ah...the shaggy defence m'lud........it wasn't me ;)[/quote]

Wouldn't it be good if we could have a spectator walk behind him, ghetto blaster on his shoulder, playing that song next time he's interviewed on TV :lol:

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
TourOfSardinia said:
Looks like CF's hit the nebulizer already in this Gazzetta photo taken in the Hotel
froome_ok-kLhH--896x504@Gazzetta-Web.jpg
Wouldn't like to meet him in a dark alley

Yeah. Looks like he has the typhoid again. Hate to be the drug tester that has handle his sample.

rick james said:
pastronef said:
http://www.twitter.com/JournalVelo
I take it all the media types that gave Sky a hard time for lack of press access at the Tour have gone out of their way to commend them for fronting up to the press today?
A wee bit further down that timeline, the burn tweet is very good

Having now watched rather than just read the transcript I thought Froome and Brailsford presented themselves well today tbf

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
brownbobby said:
thehog said:
Someone overlaid Quintana going around the same uphill corner on on Ventoux as Froome.

You be the judge, motor or no motor on Dawg’s bike? :surprised:

https://twitter.com/ted_niki/status/963762138929094656

That is a joke/spoof right?

Please tell me you see the terrible effects editing in that clip straight away :lol:

Should be easy enough to prove with the original clip and a stopwatch. Have at 'er. Or just accept reality. Either way is good.

John Swanson

I see here Ulissi just LOST the results of the stage where he tested positive. and he DNF the Giro. he keeps the Coppa Bernocchi results
https://www.procyclingstats.com/rider.php?id=140233&season=2014

and INRNG says this

What races could Froome lose? Under the vanilla application of the rules copied from the Ulissi case Froome would lose his Vuelta title but keep his silver medal from the Bergen worlds. Normally an athlete is stripped of all results but in the case of Ulissi he plead negligence, ie that he took a regular dose only to supply an irregular sample.

Lampre stood by its cyclist. When Ulissi’s case faced delays, it raced him in Italy’s Coppa Bernocchi one-day classic on September 16

Ulissi got 22nd and his result stands. not stripped

Ulissi ban was backdated from June 25th. he raced on Sept 16 and the result stands, he keeps his 22nd in Bernocchi

so I guess in Froome´s case, if backdated ban he´d lose the Vuelta, the race he tested positive in, and Bronze medal stays.

Recently, Mr. Froome spoke briefly to the press after a 1,000-mile training ride as part of his recovery program after lung transplantation, bilharzia re-infestation, kidney failure, asthma flare-up, knee-joint replacement, a leg fracture, resuscitation (Lazarus-style) by a holy man from the East, and head regeneration:

"See you at the Giro, chumps!"

4827505-drmanhattan.jpg

ScienceIsCool said:
brownbobby said:
thehog said:
Someone overlaid Quintana going around the same uphill corner on on Ventoux as Froome.

You be the judge, motor or no motor on Dawg’s bike? :surprised:

https://twitter.com/ted_niki/status/963762138929094656

That is a joke/spoof right?

Please tell me you see the terrible effects editing in that clip straight away :lol:

Should be easy enough to prove with the original clip and a stopwatch. Have at 'er. Or just accept reality. Either way is good.

John Swanson

Oh come on John....

Let's say conservatively Nairò is doing 20km/h.

Froome comes through at least 4 times that speed.

Difficult to be precise from a 2 second clip, but I'm seeing cadence well above 300rpm.

So im guesstimating Froome at 80km/h (that's gonna be way over 2000 watts) spinning at 300 rpm up Ventoux.

So yeah, we could believe the clip is genuine, not sped up in anyway.

Or we could just accept reality...

pastronef said:
I see here Ulissi just LOST the results of the stage where he tested positive. and he DNF the Giro. he keeps the Coppa Bernocchi results

and INRNG says this

What races could Froome lose? Under the vanilla application of the rules copied from the Ulissi case Froome would lose his Vuelta title but keep his silver medal from the Bergen worlds. Normally an athlete is stripped of all results but in the case of Ulissi he plead negligence, ie that he took a regular dose only to supply an irregular sample.

Lampre stood by its cyclist. When Ulissi’s case faced delays, it raced him in Italy’s Coppa Bernocchi one-day classic on September 16

Ulissi ban was backdated from June 25th. he raced on Sept 16 and the result stands, he keeps his 22nd in Bernocchi

so I guess in Froome´s case, if backdated ban he´d lose the Vuelta, the race he tested positive in, and Bronze medal stays.

But you're forgetting one little thing, Ulissi cooperated with UCI right from the start. Lampre suspended him from riding right away, something Sky didn't do. Then after couple of months Ulissi and Lampre become nervous and decided to ride Coppa Bernocchi. UCI reacted immediately, and advised them to withdraw Ulissi from competition. Lampre obeyed, and Ulissi got a ban of 9 months out of max 24.

Now how do you think your boy Froome will go through this? Sky didn't suspend him even after UCI president himself spoke up publicly, and he'll race despite them. And all that without full-backing of his own team! UCI wiill ask for max punishment, and I think he will be more than happy with a year, with all results stripped.

Blanco said:
pastronef said:

and INRNG says this

But you're forgetting one little thing, Ulissi cooperated with UCI right from the start. Lampre suspended him from riding right away, something Sky didn't do. Then after couple of months Ulissi and Lampre become nervous and decided to ride Coppa Bernocchi. UCI reacted immediately, and advised them to withdraw Ulissi from competition. Lampre obeyed, and Ulissi got a ban of 9 months out of max 24.

Now how do you think your boy Froome will go through this? Sky didn't suspend him even after UCI president himself spoke up publicly, and he'll race despite them. And all that without full-backing of his own team! UCI wiill ask for max punishment, and I think he will be more than happy with a year, with all results stripped.

There is nothing to suggest that Sky / Froome aren't cooperating with the UCI at the moment. We are not privy to the process at the moment.

Agreed the Dawg should be either self or club suspended but that shows the arrogance of him & Sky.

MartinGT said:
Blanco said:
pastronef said:

and INRNG says this

There is nothing to suggest that Sky / Froome aren't cooperating with the UCI at the moment. We are not privy to the process at the moment.

Agreed the Dawg should be either self or club suspended but that shows the arrogance of him & Sky.

I think the fact that Lappartient asked publicly from Sky to suspend Froome, and they didn't do it, is a suggestion enough.

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
pastronef said:
I take it all the media types that gave Sky a hard time for lack of press access at the Tour have gone out of their way to commend them for fronting up to the press today?

they had no choice, if they didnt speak to press it would look very bad and make an already suspicious case seem totally shady; also we know that DB loves the sound of his own voice and its a good way for him to dip his toe into the waters and alert the uci to their likely defence strategy AAF vs ADRV

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
brownbobby said:
rick james said:
pastronef said:

Having now watched rather than just read the transcript I thought Froome and Brailsford presented themselves well today tbf

you must be kidding, i thought DBs comments tuesday and weds did nothing to serve their cause well

53*11 said:
brownbobby said:
rick james said:
pastronef said:

you must be kidding, i thought DBs comments tuesday and weds did nothing to serve their cause well

Nope, just my opinion on how they presented themselves.

The content of what they actually said is a different matter and will be open to different interpretations from different people. Everything is said for a reason at this stage i think.