• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1142 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

fmk_RoI said:
Alpe73 said:
Show me a high school ... where, despite threats of detention, calls to parents, marks deducted, etc, etc ... that kids coming late for class is not an 'issue.' always will be an annoying issue ... but not the end of the world, really. Drop it, schools, You've lost the war on that one. Adapt. lesson learned.
An oddly reductive black and white response from you, Alpe. :rolleyes:

Let's try this one. In the century and a quarter or so since we've had rules of the road - where to drive, who can drive, how to drive etc - we have yet to get to a point where everybody obeys the rules, we still have a substantial number of people breaking the rules on a daily basis. Drop it, traffic people. You've lost the war on that one. Adapt.

Or how about rape? Or murder? Drop it, admit defeat, adapt?

Just let me respond by saying ... ( oops! Wow! ... Hey, look ... a pony!) ;)

bigcog said:
pastronef said:
rick james said:
El Pistolero said:
[quote="
Doping cheats need to be tried as the big time frauds they are. If you steal millions of dollars from a company you will also face big jail time. This is not any different. Rules need to change.

TUE's also need to be disappear. Stay at home if you're sick.

did you have that view when Bertie got popped?

I thought the same
and Cardoso is lucky his B sample might be negative, otherwise El Pistolero would send him to jail too

No no, they have panache, so could main line smack whilst riding and it would be ok ;) :lol:

Post of the week!!!!!!! :lol:

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

Yes.

Sky's worse though. They turned a donkey into a four time Tour winner. And a track cyclist... yuck.

If you steal millions of dollars you should go to jail. You can't argue with this. Rules are far too lax and that's why most professional athletes cheat.

We have to rely on leaks to even get a case against Froome (or else it would have been covered up). Froome and Wiggo like to complain about witch hunts, but the opposite is true, they're criminals with too much protection.

Training on painkillers like tramadol, anti-depressants, corticosteroids, asthmatic medication like salbutamol, etc.

Not to mention their questionable use of sleeping pills.

My god, these guys are walking pharmacies.

macbindle said:
Blanco said:
macbindle said:
red_flanders said:
macbindle said:
But Froome's Salbutamol was detected!
He has been caught!

7 years of domination and we have some dodgy TUE's, a shipment of testosterone, a horse dose of pred, and a giant dose of Salbutamol.

Given that they're likely doping for all their A races, I'd say they're doing pretty well. Better than most.

If it is just the cheap and easily available stuff like blue asthma puffer, testosterone and Cortisone, which lets face it is available to all, that is powering their wins then I'm starting to think that perhaps they do deserve their victories after all ;)

You believed that from the start, you were just pretending.. ;)

What?

Pssssst! ... Mac! ... He works for the Israelis as a facial profiler. Shhhhhhhhhh!

You didn't hear it from me, OK!?!

Gotta run. :eek:

El Pistolero said:

Yes.

Sky's worse though. They turned a donkey into a four time Tour winner. And a track cyclist... yuck.

If you steal millions of dollars you should go to jail. You can't argue with this. Rules are far too lax and that's why most professional athletes cheat.

We have to rely on leaks to even get a case against Froome (or else it would have been covered up). Froome and Wiggo like to complain about witch hunts, but the opposite is true, they're criminals with too much protection.

Training on painkillers like tramadol, anti-depressants, corticosteroids, asthmatic medication like salbutamol, etc.

Not to mention their questionable use of sleeping pills.

My god, these guys are walking pharmacies.
ok, show me you proof you wanted Bertie jailed

It's a funny one, isn't it, when other riders are brought into the equation.

I think it was Red Flanders who said that we only know about the 3 substances Sky have used, and we don't know what else they are using. What he meant is that he feels Sky are using something else as well. I agree with that sentiment, but I think it is only fair to extend the logic to other riders and other teams. We don't know what they are doing. We don't know if there are other big riders with an AAF, we don't know if there are other riders who have abused the TUE system. We don't know if they are using something undetectable. Red Flanders said that most dope positives are evadable, so therefore are we saying that other teams occupy such a moral high ground that they choose not to exploit advantages?

Really???

Put your moral outrage into perspective, guys.

I think Wiggins is really angry. I think he's really angry in the way that Landis was angry after 2006. He knows that the double-talk that is going on.

Re:

macbindle said:

I think it was Red Flanders who said that we only know about the 3 substances Sky have used, and we don't know what else they are using. What he meant is that he feels Sky are using something else as well. I agree with that sentiment, but I think it is only fair to extend the logic to other riders and other teams. We don't know what they are doing. We don't know if there are other big riders with an AAF, we don't know if there are other riders who have abused the TUE system. We don't know if they are using something undetectable. Red Flanders said that most dope positives are evadable, so therefore are we saying that other teams occupy such a moral high ground that they choose not to exploit advantages?

Really???

I think Wiggins is really angry. I think he's really angry in the way that Landis was angry after 2006. He knows that the double-talk that is going on.

Wiggins strikes me as the sort of character who has at least some form of moral compass, that at least his original intention was to do it properly. A talented track cyclist, he discovered that he was never capable of competing at world tour GC level without some assistance. He fell victim to the system he had originally railed against be it internally or more likely with assistance & pressure from within and encouragement from others, then got a taste of the money and adulation and couldn't row back.

The trade off for him now is whether to live with the lie and illusion that a decreasing number of people believe anyway or double down into protection mode continuing to carry his secrets around with him in order to protect himself and his wealth. He could do both himself and the sport a favour by coming clean, he might even find a sense of relief.

Re:

macbindle said:

Really???

Of course the other teams and riders are propably using similar methods than Sky.

The difference is that no other team is preaching for nine years to be the saviours of the clean cycling with the highest moral ethics applied including zero tolerance. And then be stupid enough to get caught or handle the matters in the way to invoke nation wide investigation for doping in sports - and evetually playing "we were stupid and sloppy" card in the investigations.

And on top of that of course they've been winning the most precious race for 5 times out of last 6 time it was raced - by a mile against inevitably doped opponents - among all the other success. And they don't actually hold back the fact that they have most money in the sports to spend. The contradiction of their behaviour vs. the reality laid in front of eyes recently is the core reasons why Sky is under immense scrutiny - they've created their public mess all by themselves. I wouldn't call that double standard if the situation is self deployed - not to mention is looks very systematic compared to single EPO bust of individual rider.

ontheroad said:
macbindle said:

Really???

Wiggins strikes me as the sort of character who has at least some form of moral compass, that at least his original intention was to do it properly. A talented track cyclist, he discovered that he was never capable of competing at world tour GC level without some assistance. He fell victim to the system he had originally railed against be it internally or more likely with assistance & pressure from within and encouragement from others, then got a taste of the money and adulation and couldn't row back.

The trade off for him now is whether to live with the lie and illusion that a decreasing number of people believe anyway or double down into protection mode continuing to carry his secrets around with him in order to protect himself and his wealth. He could do both himself and the sport a favour by coming clean, he might even find a sense of relief.

it's what Pantini could never understand..."why me"

i agree about Wiggins...he caned it and then fell apart in the Giro (that descent in the rain is painful to watch)..I don't think he could live with the requirements of winning a GT with his limited capabilities i.e. the sky/BC pharmacy cupboard and got out....his career fall was as pronounced as its rise....a career trajectory never seen before or will be again I would warrant

i kind of still think fair play to him.....

gillan1969 said:
ontheroad said:
macbindle said:

Really???

it's what Pantini could never understand..."why me"

i agree about Wiggins...he caned it and then fell apart in the Giro (that descent in the rain is painful to watch)..I don't think he could live with the requirements of winning a GT with his limited capabilities i.e. the sky/BC pharmacy cupboard and got out....his career fall was as pronounced as its rise....a career trajectory never seen before or will be again I would warrant

i kind of still think fair play to him.....

I agree....i've never liked Wiggins but i think you have to acknowledge based on his long career across multiple disciplines that he's an extremely talented natural athlete.....i just think that trying to race GT's 'clean' was a step too far. The 2012 tour, even with as it now seems some medical 'assistance' was gifted to him, both in terms of the parcours and the presence and reining back of a much stronger team mate who could easily have won the tour for himself if allowed to.

I think you can possibly apply this to Brailsford as well....buoyed his successes on the track, where science and technology (marginal gains) can have a much bigger impact than out on the road for a 3 week tour.

Most won't give him the benefit of the doubt, but i could believe that Brailsford honestly set out with good intentions for Team Sky, believing that he could translate his past methods for success on the track to similar glory out on the road.....but then reality hits home, no amount of marginal gains can get you past the sheer 'inhuman' levels of physical effort needed to succeed in a 3 week tour, all the good intentions go out of the window....the rest is history.

ontheroad said:
macbindle said:

Really???

On the road ... you don't know me (yet) ... but if we're ever together in the future ... and I do something illegal, foolish, whatever ( nothing really, serious of course ... but maybe) ... please say to me ...

"Alpe ... keep yer feckin gob shut! All we need right now is you going 'guilty conscience', sentimental, can't live with my guilt ... on us ... then we'll really be fecked. STFUp!"

Thank you in advance, OTR.

Yours,
Alpe73 :)

bigcog said:
pastronef said:
rick james said:
El Pistolero said:
[quote="
Doping cheats need to be tried as the big time frauds they are. If you steal millions of dollars from a company you will also face big jail time. This is not any different. Rules need to change.

TUE's also need to be disappear. Stay at home if you're sick.

I thought the same
and Cardoso is lucky his B sample might be negative, otherwise El Pistolero would send him to jail too

No no, they have panache, so could main line smack whilst riding and it would be ok ;) :lol:
Lol

rick james said:
Parker said:
Tim Booth said:
Tom avoids shaking hands with Chris at TA
http://imgur.com/kLy7uPw
Probably because he's ill at the moment: https://twitter.com/renovandael/status/971340592511897600
It looks like he says that to Froome
Notice how he's not touching anyone here

DXrN_CEWkAMRGxK.jpg