• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1178 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
Re:

rick james said:
Is there anything wrong with what he says or you just going to post every things he says wheather is has anything to do with doping or not?

Well sometimes it's interesting to put quotes out there to provoke a response rather than telling people what to think ;)

As for whether there's a doping angle to Froome's latest attempt at misdirection, bear in mind that the Dawg signed up for the Giro after he found out about his AAF. That's noteworthy eh

So there's a school of thought that the Dawg signed up to the Giro for purely cynical reasons being to put the UCI under pressure to settle his AAF case favourably and of course to bank the $1.4m sign on fee to meet Mike Morgan's legal fees

But there's also a school of thought which I suspect you subscribe to that we should take everything Froome says at face value. He's a trustworthy guy, right? For example, he's said this week that he's doing everything in his power to resolve his AAF case as soon as possible. But is he really? He could have proved his innocence by going into the lab months ago! So if the evidence suggests he's lying about that then what else is he lying about?

Re: Re:

fmk_RoI said:
Wiggo's Package said:
BBC giving Froome a platform to discuss doing the Giro/Tour double...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/43922630

"Of course there is an element of risk involved in targeting the Giro before the Tour, but I think I would regret it for the rest of my life if I didn't give this race a go."
Lappartiant needs to issue an edict ordering them to deny him the oxygen of publicity.
Maybe on TV they should have his voice dubbed by an actor

fmk_RoI said:
Wiggo's Package said:

"Of course there is an element of risk involved in targeting the Giro before the Tour, but I think I would regret it for the rest of my life if I didn't give this race a go."
Lappartiant needs to issue an edict ordering them to deny him the oxygen of publicity.
I doubt he can do that to the BBC

Parker said:
fmk_RoI said:
Wiggo's Package said:

Gerry Adams style, one mans bomber is another man rabbit thief

rick james said:
fmk_RoI said:
Wiggo's Package said:

He could if he wanted to. That he doesn't just proves that the fix is in, the plea bargaining has been done. You watch: after the Giro, there'll be a decision and that'll prove it.

fmk_RoI said:
rick james said:
fmk_RoI said:
Wiggo's Package said:

He could if he wanted to. That he doesn't just proves that the fix is in, the plea bargaining has been done. You watch: after the Giro, there'll be a decision and that'll prove it.

No he can’t, the bbc doesn’t answer to the UCI

Parker said:
fmk_RoI said:
Wiggo's Package said:

But who? I wonder if Stephen Fry would be free...

rick james said:
fmk_RoI said:
rick james said:
fmk_RoI said:
Wiggo's Package said:

No he can’t, the bbc doesn’t answer to the UCI
And since when has that got anything to do with anything? Rules are for schmucks, reality is what you want it to be.

fmk_RoI said:
Wiggo's Package said:

For a brief second I actually thought you meant Froome should be denied access to oxygen. Which I, honestly, think is a bit harsh...

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site

fmk_RoI said:
Parker said:
fmk_RoI said:
Wiggo's Package said:

Sarcasm noted FMK. At least with humour, for once :razz:

But as usual you're aligning yourself with fanboy central. That quacking like a duck thing again ;)

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site

RedheadDane said:
fmk_RoI said:
Wiggo's Package said:

For a brief second I actually thought you meant Froome should be denied access to oxygen. Which I, honestly, think is a bit harsh...

Umm, my point is that the BBC article is so tame and lacking in informed context. Maybe Dan Roan, the BBC sports guy who's taken the time to figure out the angles, is on holiday

Whatever, normally Froome/Brailsfraud/Wiggo (delete as appropriate) have to call Sky Sports News for such an easy ride, and Sky doesn't have the reach of the BBC

Wiggo's Package said:
RedheadDane said:
fmk_RoI said:
Wiggo's Package said:

Umm, my point is that the BBC article is so tame and lacking in informed context. Maybe Dan Roan, the BBC sports guy who's taken the time to figure out the angles, is on holiday

Whatever, normally Froome/Brailsfraud/Wiggo (delete as appropriate) have to call Sky Sports News for such an easy ride, and Sky doesn't have the reach of the BBC

Yes, but my brain just went "Lappartiant needs to issue an edict ordering them to deny him the oxygen", and then stopped. :p

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site

RedheadDane said:
Wiggo's Package said:
RedheadDane said:
fmk_RoI said:
Wiggo's Package said:

Yes, but my brain just went "Lappartiant needs to issue an edict ordering them to deny him the oxygen", and then stopped. :p

:D

I used the word "platform"

It was FMK who mentioned "oxygen"

Since then we've been in a part of the solar system which is largely inert ;)

Wiggo's Package said:
But as usual you're aligning yourself with fanboy central. That quacking like a duck thing again
As the prodigal son of anti-doping, you have that horrid holier-than-thou born again thing going on, I get that. But you need to stop seeing things as black and white, saints and sinners, fanboys and the righteous chosen ones.

RedheadDane said:
fmk_RoI said:
Wiggo's Package said:

I can imagine some actually wishing that was an option. O2 is performance enhancing. And dangerous in excess.

fmk_RoI said:
Wiggo's Package said:
But as usual you're aligning yourself with fanboy central. That quacking like a duck thing again
As the prodigal son of anti-doping, you have that horrid holier-than-thou born again thing going on, I get that. But you need to stop seeing things as black and white, saints and sinners, fanboys and the righteous chosen ones.

Yeah I saw that too. Reformed whores and smokers come to mind. Not that prostitution is an issue if that’s what one wants to do.

Red Rick said:
What are the exact rules on backdating anyway? To me it all seems completely arbitrary

Why do I even bother? Maybe people should be required to precede their posts here with “I haven’t read anything preceding my post, not even a detailed explanation provided the day before that specifically answers the question I’m asking, so please humor me.”

rick james said:
Abnormal reading

See my reply to RR, and modify to read “I’m intentionally ignoring several posts that specifically demonstrate that my view is false, and I’m going to post my false view anyway.”

Meanwhile, from CN:

the UCI has yet to fully transfer the case from its Anti-Doping Service (LADS) office to the UCI Anti-Doping Tribunal.

What does it mean to say the case hasn’t been "fully" transferred (Maybe this was a quote from Michelle)? I hope what they mean is that the judge is still allowing the submission of documents, and a hearing hasn't been scheduled yet. Anything else would strongly suggest this case is being handled very differently from the way other cases before the Tribunal have gone.

fmk_RoI said:
Parker said:
fmk_RoI said:
Wiggo's Package said:

Bradley Wiggins can do impressions. Otherwise Sharlto Copley with his District 9 accent.

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site

fmk_RoI said:
Wiggo's Package said:

Quack! :D

Wiggo's Package said:
fmk_RoI said:
Wiggo's Package said:

Quack! :D
One day you'll have to tell us just how much of a fanboi you were before your Damascene conversion. It must have been bad. Did you believe in ZTP? Extract of beetroot juice? There was a lot of fashionable nonsense about, did you hold with the view of that Bike Pure journalist that Brailsford heralded the end of omertà? That one really tickled me pink.

TRENDING THREADS