• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1192 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

thehog said:
fmk_RoI said:
The story so far:

Bad form first half of race: with Cookson gone he can't dope

Pulls off planned exploit: he's doping

Collapses next day: he was allowed to use a motor by Vegni

You forgot;

FMK to offer no explanation just pick at other posts :cool:

Froome supporters choose most outlandish post to hang their hat on..... ;) he dopes big time but has had to dial it in this year...that's a bigger hook.....

it looks like the hopeful loss from GT podiums of the most blatant doper since the....eh..... last SKY one...

now on the other hand and talking of SKY...I'm liking the cut of the jib of the young columbian lad in California

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

fmk_RoI said:
The story so far:

Pedantism; can't dope to Cookson allowed levels.

fmk_RoI said:

He was paid 1.4million to perform. Go figure

fmk_RoI said:

Aru collapsed. Froome not allowed the motor today.

:D

thehog said:
fmk_RoI said:
The story so far:

You forgot;

You mean an explanation crazy enough for people here to whoop up? Okay, here: time travel. Froome's actually at home with the kid. For the first half of the race 2010 Froome - Crash Froome - travelled forward in time to take his place. Yesterday, 2019 Froome tripped in, cause he was bored sitting out his ban. Today they dropped 2010 Froome back in. Tomorrow 2016 Froome will be doing the rest day. Happy now I've played by your rules?

gillan1969 said:
thehog said:
fmk_RoI said:
The story so far:

You forgot;

Froome supporters choose most outlandish post to hang their hat on..... ;) he dopes big time but has had to dial it in this year...that's a bigger hook.....

it looks like the hopeful loss from GT podiums of the most blatant doper since the....eh..... last SKY one...

now on the other hand and talking of SKY...I'm liking the cut of the jib of the young columbian lad in California

Agreed. Now that is natural talent if ever I've seen it.

fmk_RoI said:
thehog said:
fmk_RoI said:
The story so far:

You forgot;

You mean an explanation crazy enough for people here to whoop up? Okay, here: time travel. Froome's actually at home with the kid. For the first half of the race 2010 Froome - Crash Froome - travelled forward in time to take his place. Yesterday, 2019 Froome tripped in, cause he was bored sitting out his ban. Today they dropped 2010 Froome back in. Tomorrow 2016 Froome will be doing the rest day. Happy now I've played by your rules?

LMAO!!!! Just what we need, wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff to add to this mess.

DFA123 said:
red_flanders said:
DFA123 said:
red_flanders said:
Serpentin said:
I don`t get it how he could set that time on the Zoncolan and be crap today.

Fatigue? Not saying it isn't weird how he was so strong yesterday, but I don't find it weird that he fell back off today.
This. Yesterday was a huge effort for a rider who is getting towards top shape, but not quite there yet. Plus, Froome nearly always goes terribly when there is rain in the air.

Obviously everything about Froome is a bit ridiculous and massively suspicious, but a big effort followed by a drop off the next day, would actually be kind of what you would expect from a rider recovering naturally.

When you say "recovering naturally"... :D

I don't find anything about the guy natural.
Me neither.

I just think that too often there is a scattergun approach regarding Froome and Clinic issues, looking to pin everything that happens to him on clinic issues, which murkies the water a bit and gives his apologists stuff to counter with and scream 'witchhunt'. There is more than enough hard data, contradictions, failed tests and other concrete stuff to bury him, without focusing on speculation about a slight dip in form the day after a huge effort.

Yeah, agreed.

brownbobby said:
Agree with this 100%. I'm actually less convinced of Froome's doping and even a little bit sympathetic towards him since joining this forum. Some of the mud that gets slung at him is just ridiculous, as you say there's enough to be suspicious about for everyone to see, without all the nonsense that gets piled on top.

Lost me there. Not sure how anyone could come to such a conclusion at this point.

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site

brownbobby said:
fmk_RoI said:
The story so far:

Nailed it in 30 words :lol:

So true. Never has there been such a champion. Froome is exactly what you would think of as the model of a cycling hero.

John Swanson

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Rollthedice said:
What if, in this beautiful sport Froome gets a retroactive ban, gets stripped of his, let's say 6th place at the Giro and rides Tour winning it for the fifth time?

Well, that's exactly what the sport deserves, isn't it?

John Swanson

ScienceIsCool said:
brownbobby said:
fmk_RoI said:
The story so far:

So true. Never has there been such a champion. Froome is exactly what you would think of as the model of a cycling hero.

John Swanson

Even without any doping at all by anybody there would be sudden changes of fortune so trying to tie every single occurrence to some sort of doping conspiracy is a fools game. Yes, we know of certain events in cycling history that were a result of planned cheating but we don't know about everything*

*I still think the top guys are all rammed.

macbindle said:
ScienceIsCool said:
brownbobby said:
fmk_RoI said:
The story so far:

John Swanson

Even without any doping at all by anybody there would be sudden changes of fortune so trying to tie every single occurrence to some sort of doping conspiracy is a fools game. Yes, we know of certain events in cycling history that were a result of planned cheating but we don't know about everything*

*I still think the top guys are all rammed.

Aru must have got some dodgy generics or else he's sick.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

fmk_RoI said:
Benotti69 said:
Rollthedice said:
What if, in this beautiful sport Froome gets a retroactive ban, gets stripped of his, let's say 6th place at the Giro and rides Tour winning it for the fifth time?

ASO wont let Froome win it.
They did such a good job stopping LA get to seven.

I didn't notice they were trying.

But i did notice he didn't win 8.

TRENDING THREADS