• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1193 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Benotti69 said:
fmk_RoI said:
Benotti69 said:
Rollthedice said:
What if, in this beautiful sport Froome gets a retroactive ban, gets stripped of his, let's say 6th place at the Giro and rides Tour winning it for the fifth time?

ASO wont let Froome win it.
They did such a good job stopping LA get to seven.

I didn't notice they were trying.

But i did notice he didn't win 8.
This is what I love. Someone can say that something will happen, like say that RCS will whack Froome over the head with the disrepute clause, at the eleventh hour too, so he won't have time to appeal. And then when that doesn't happen they can say well that's cause RCS didn't want to, they're actually happy having Froome in the race, especially with the top secret deal done with Lappartient that Vegni blabbed about. (But, of course, Vegni did want to give Froome a one day pass to use his motor on the Zoncolan, but he wouldn't let Poels have one, just look at the way the Dutchman's legs weren't egg-whisking up the climb.) So now we've got ASO having the magical ability to stop Froome winning, like they've stopped oh, I don't know, no one winning in the past (with the exception of LA, who they stopped getting to eight by making him retire, and Merckx in 75 when they ordered that fan to punch his lights out, and Delgado in 89 when they had him tied and bound in the boot of a car right when he should have been starting the prologue) and if that doesn't actually happen and - God forbid - the salbutamol thing is still unresolved and Froome actually wins the bloody Tour, the argument will be that, well, actually, ASO didn't really try. They didn't send their ninja mechanics in at midnight to add iron filings to his bottom bracket or Prudhomme just couldn't bring himself to order his driver to force Froome off the road in the neutral zone, or whatever bit of nonsense you want to make up for yourself.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

fmk_RoI said:
Benotti69 said:
fmk_RoI said:
Benotti69 said:
Rollthedice said:
What if, in this beautiful sport Froome gets a retroactive ban, gets stripped of his, let's say 6th place at the Giro and rides Tour winning it for the fifth time?

This is what I love. Someone can say that something will happen, like say that RCS will whack Froome over the head with the disrepute clause, at the eleventh hour too, so he won't have time to appeal. And then when that doesn't happen they can say well that's cause RCS didn't want to, they're actually happy having Froome in the race, especially with the top secret deal done with Lappartient that Vegni blabbed about. (But, of course, Vegni did want to give Froome a one day pass to use his motor on the Zoncolan, but he wouldn't let Poels have one, just look at the way the Dutchman's legs weren't egg-whisking up the climb.) So now we've got ASO having the magical ability to stop Froome winning, like they've stopped oh, I don't know, no one winning in the past (with the exception of LA, who they stopped getting to eight by making him retire, and Merckx in 75 when they ordered that fan to punch his lights out, and Delgado in 89 when they had him tied and bound in the boot of a car right when he should have been starting the prologue) and if that doesn't actually happen and - God forbid - the salbutamol thing is still unresolved and Froome actually wins the bloody Tour, the argument will be that, well, actually, ASO didn't really try. They didn't send their ninja mechanics in at midnight to add iron filings to his bottom bracket or Prudhomme just couldn't bring himself to order his driver to force Froome off the road in the neutral zone, or whatever bit of nonsense you want to make up for yourself.

Ben Johnston.

fmk_RoI said:
Benotti69 said:
fmk_RoI said:
Benotti69 said:
Rollthedice said:

This is a poorly constructed argument. Armstrong was global and his winning was on the cusp of globalisation and the Internet. ASO needed him just as much as Armstrong needed the Tour. Which prior to Armstrong even with LeMond winning was still fairly much a European only event in terms of marketing and notoriety. Armstrong winning the Tour 7 times did become boring but the race became bigger and bigger because of him.

Froome completely different kettle of fish. He is no where near as marketable as Armstrong was with back story and brashness.

LeBlanc is gone and new management already has a global event that doesn’t need Froome to make their race any greater than it already is.

Perhaps a little more thought put into posts rather than arguing for the sake of arguing wouldn’t go astray.

thehog said:
This is a poorly constructed argument. Armstrong was global and his winning was on the cusp of globalisation and the Internet. ASO needed him just as much as Armstrong needed the Tour. Which prior to Armstrong even with LeMond winning was still fairly much a European only event in terms of marketing and notoriety. Armstrong winning the Tour 7 times did become boring but the race became bigger and bigger because of him.

Froome completely different kettle of fish. He is no where near as marketable as Armstrong was with back story and brashness.

LeBlanc is gone and new management already has a global event that doesn’t need Froome to make their race any greater than it already is.

Perhaps a little more thought put into posts rather than arguing for the sake of arguing wouldn’t go astray.
LOL.

fmk_RoI said:
thehog said:

LOL.

We can take it you can’t form a response, thanks for playing :p

thehog said:
fmk_RoI said:
thehog said:

LOL.

You will read into that what you want to read in to that. The same way you read all sorts on nonsense into the things that happen in bike races.

fmk_RoI said:
thehog said:
fmk_RoI said:
thehog said:

LOL.

You will read into that what you want to read in to that. The same way you read all sorts on nonsense into the things that happen in bike races.

Nope that won’t fly. You appear to disengage when anyone ever responds to your posts - the “you should read what I wrote” is your standard go to on this forum. At least take the time and thought to put together a retort when you are challenged (if capable).

Try again.

I think FMK adds value, he clearly spends a long time on his research and posts but appears to drop the ball a little when challenged. Unsure why but we all have our different styles. Would like to see him engage more rather taking posts personally.

Thanks for the entertaining little interchange. I enjoyed that.

Now just over 6 weeks to the Grand Depart. When would be a suitable time to announce the verdict of the tribunal, allowing a suitably decent pause after the end of the Giro and not too close to the Tour? Or will Mike Morgan be able to spin this out till August with his delaying tactics?

thehog said:
I think FMK adds value, he clearly spends a long time on his research and posts but appears to drop the ball a little when challenged. Unsure why but we all have our different styles. Would like to see him engage more rather taking posts personally.
And what exactly do you think you've challenged me on this time? Being your default setting for me, it's hard to work up the energy to pay attention to you.

Re:

wirral said:
Thanks for the entertaining little interchange. I enjoyed that.

Now just over 6 weeks to the Grand Depart. When would be a suitable time to announce the verdict of the tribunal, allowing a suitably decent pause after the end of the Giro and not too close to the Tour? Or will Mike Morgan be able to spin this out till August with his delaying tactics?

I’m sure this story hasn’t finished as yet, Dawg will surprise us yet with a new illness :p

UCI President David Lappartient has said that Chris Froome's salbutamol case may not be concluded before Tour de France in July. Lappartient, who was voted in last September, told Cyclingnews that he had hoped the case would be resolved before the Giro d'Italia but now said that it could carry on through the French Grand Tour.

This could backfire on Froome. If he fails to win either the Giro or the Tour, then is banned, say, for a year following the Tour, he won't be able to ride the Tour again till 2020, when he will be 35 and have to deal with Yates going for his second Tour victory in a row. :) Delaying obviously only helps if Froome accomplishes what he wants during the period before the decision. Then again, he'd probably be less likely to win next year than this year.

Re:

Merckx index said:
UCI President David Lappartient has said that Chris Froome's salbutamol case may not be concluded before Tour de France in July. Lappartient, who was voted in last September, told Cyclingnews that he had hoped the case would be resolved before the Giro d'Italia but now said that it could carry on through the French Grand Tour.

This could backfire on Froome. If he fails to win either the Giro or the Tour, then is banned, say, for a year following the Tour, he won't be able to ride the Tour again till 2020, when he will be 35 and have to deal with Yates going for his second Tour victory in a row. :) Delaying obviously only helps if Froome accomplishes what he wants during the period before the decision. Then again, he'd probably be less likely to win next year than this year.
And Lappartiant is trying to wave the disrepute stick for ASO, saying their version of the clause is diferent to the one in the UCI's rules.

Re:

Merckx index said:

If Lappartient has the mettle he might need to start pushing ASO to ban Froome. Naturally Froome / Sky will appeal it but won’t be a very good PR exercise for Dawg.

Fun & games, fun and games.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

MartinGT said:
hazaran said:
UCI losers said:
Lappartient unsure if Chris Froome case will be resolved before Tour de France
UCI President says that four-time champion will be able to race

MartinGT said:
He's gonna get off aint he LOL

I love this quote :lol:

Ever since the AAF was made public I have never been confident justice will be done.

Sky and Froome are to big to fail. Just like Armstrong......

MartinGT said:
hazaran said:
UCI losers said:

MartinGT said:

Ever since the AAF was made public I have never been confident justice will be done.

If he gets to ride the Tour and then receives a small ban post TDF, he has still won.

thehog said:
MartinGT said:
hazaran said:
UCI losers said:

MartinGT said:

If he gets to ride the Tour and then gets a small ban post, he has still won.

Looking at the big picture, what is the best way for this to be resolved? In other words, look at it from Lappartient's point of view.

My guess: Froome rides the tour and finishes somewhere near the top, but not at the top. Then, sometime after the tour, this is all somehow gets swept under the rug and Froome never wins a grand tour again (by agreement).

MartinGT said:

Personally I have a slightly opposite reaction, that there might be hope that something would be done now that the abuse has been made public. I strongly suspect this isn't the first time it happened and that's the reason for the leak. I mean, I'm not expecting "justice" but transparency does seem to disinfect, as much as is possible with the UCI.

red_flanders said:
MartinGT said:

Personally I have a slightly opposite reaction, that there might be hope that something would be done now that the abuse has been made public. I strongly suspect this isn't the first time it happened and that's the reason for the leak. I mean, I'm not expecting "justice" but transparency does seem to disinfect, as much as is possible with the UCI.

If anything I sense it’s gone even more underground with Froome refusing to talk about it and the likelyhood that we’ll never see the reasoned decision not matter what ban or no ban he receives.

when the UCI is "unsure" of when the Magic Kenyan's case is going to be solved before the Tour, I'm inclined to believe ASO and SKY are calling the shots on his case by delaying & dragging it to the longest time resolution, so the final verdict falls at the mercy of the lawyers & money instead of the standard sporting procedures......

at this point, I forecast a 6 month ban with his Vuelta title stripped, at the most.......

the least? he walks away with impunity.... ala Armstrong

thehog said:
red_flanders said:
MartinGT said:

If anything I sense it’s gone even more underground with Froome refusing to talk about it and the likelyhood that we’ll never see the reasoned decision not matter what ban or no ban he receives.

Don't see how it's more underground now than it would have been had the public never heard about it, which is where we'd be if it hadn't been leaked.

TRENDING THREADS