• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1197 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
If he had kept his Zoncolan stage all the way from then to now I would kinda understand this. But he went from winning on the Zoncolan to losing minute to Yates one day later, to a mediocre TT and not being able to drop Pozzo and Dumoulin on a stage that suited him perfectly, to this? Is there any way to explain this that's not doping? Any?

Re:

RedheadDane said:
I have a confession.
I was really hoping Froome wouldn't win this Giro. Not because I don't like him, he seems like a genuinely nice guy, but because I was hoping everyone - including Froome himself - would be spared a potential messy aftermatch.
I'd say it's better to not have won a race, than having won it, and then have it removed due to a (potential) backdated ban...
I feel the same way

before the giro i was of the opinion there is no way he would ride an outrageous race while still under investigation...this just proves he is covered from 5 angles,even armstrong wasnt this crazy in his performances

and i thought phil gilbert last year in RvV was bold attack,this takes it even further

Gigs_98 said:
If he had kept his Zoncolan stage all the way from then to now I would kinda understand this. But he went from winning on the Zoncolan to losing minute to Yates one day later, to a mediocre TT and not being able to drop Pozzo and Dumoulin on a stage that suited him perfectly, to this? Is there any way to explain this that's not doping? Any?

At this point I almost hopes he tests positive, or at least gets another AAF for salbutamol. Then at least we can hope they'll reach a conclusion to his case rather quickly...

Gigs_98 said:

He paid for Zonc the day after, the TT was decent and then he was saving his matches for today yesterday.

But this is more juiced up that Landis. Great to watch tho :D

Re:

burning said:
Seriously though, how on earth this is possible? Blood bags? Motors? Something else? I never believed in motors, but this looks way too ridiculous to be true.

I also dismissed the motor theory kind off. Too easy to detect. Target tested. But really - how, if not a motor?

And its by far not against a weak field. Dumoulin is probably the second best GT rider.

Re:

burning said:
Seriously though, how on earth this is possible? Blood bags? Motors? Something else? I never believed in motors, but this looks way too ridiculous to be true.
He downed a sketchy looking bottle about 20km ago - looked like one of those travel shampoo bottles - who knows what was in it
But I'm betting there's definitely a motor in play here. There's simply no other way to explain such big changes in performance.

Re:

MartinGT said:
This is Landis on Steroids.

Brailsfraud will say it was planned blah blah. Sky flexing their muscles showing they're boss.

Big difference is that Froome didnt blow up and lose 10 minutes yesterday before pulling this out. Perfectly plausible to plan for a break like this (in the last few days, not pre race) - probably 50/50 on whether it would work or not. Combine it with a day feeling tip top and others faltering / being taken by suprise. Still a day to go - he could suffer big time tomorrow.

Re: Re:

TheSpud said:
MartinGT said:
This is Landis on Steroids.

Brailsfraud will say it was planned blah blah. Sky flexing their muscles showing they're boss.

Big difference is that Froome didnt blow up and lose 10 minutes yesterday before pulling this out. Perfectly plausible to plan for a break like this (in the last few days, not pre race) - probably 50/50 on whether it would work or not. Combine it with a day feeling tip top and others faltering / being taken by suprise. Still a day to go - he could suffer big time tomorrow.

This is Dawg. He will be in tip top form dont you worry. Especially if he is in Pink. Michelle wont allow him to lose that.

TRENDING THREADS