• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1198 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

TheSpud said:
MartinGT said:
This is Landis on Steroids.

Brailsfraud will say it was planned blah blah. Sky flexing their muscles showing they're boss.

Big difference is that Froome didnt blow up and lose 10 minutes yesterday before pulling this out. Perfectly plausible to plan for a break like this (in the last few days, not pre race) - probably 50/50 on whether it would work or not. Combine it with a day feeling tip top and others faltering / being taken by suprise. Still a day to go - he could suffer big time tomorrow.
The plan was to have teammates to latch on to. This is completely solo against three decent riders working quite well together. Yesterday he was visibly worse than Pozzo. Today he's 2013 vintage.

Re:

hrotha said:
I don't think a motor is the best explanation for a sustained 80-km effort. I believe you guys underestimate the ol' doping.

This guy shipped time in every single relevant stage in this Giro except one stage. At least Landis was consistently really strong except one horrible day. How can you get that much better in no time, and it happened twice in this race?

burning said:
hrotha said:
I don't think a motor is the best explanation for a sustained 80-km effort. I believe you guys underestimate the ol' doping.

This guy shipped time in every single relevant stage in this Giro except one stage. At least Landis was consistently really strong except one horrible day. How can you get that much better in no time, and it happened twice in this race?
Er, by doping, for example? There's plenty of examples throughout history of this radically changing the power dynamics late in a race.

And yes, I think a blood bag (not necessarily today) is likely.

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
I am sort of happy about all this. UCI and their broken or manipulated drug review system cannot be hidden any longer. A pity the cycling world will be a laughing stock, someone under review is winning in a ridiculous manner.

Re:

jilbiker said:
I am sort of happy about all this. UCI and their broken or manipulated drug review system cannot be hidden any longer. A pity the cycling world will be a laughing stock, someone under review is winning in a ridiculous manner.

I think you're far too optimistic. This is but another in a long line of utterly absurd performances that have changed nothing.

TRENDING THREADS