• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1199 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I was super hyped when Froome attacked on the Finestre but this developed into a farce. If Froome had taken pink after the chasing group was watching each other and therefore lost so much time, or if Dumoulain had been the only one working, I'd say chapeau Froome right now, but it didn't go like that. Froome was at the front for 80 kilometers. Dumoulin had a third of the time in the wind Froome had, still lost 3 minutes on descents, flat roads and false flat climbs (terrain which should suit him even better than Froome) and didn't gain a second on the mtf. The whole sky team went from shitty all giro long (with the exception of poels in two mountain stages) to having 5 riders in a group of 15.
This was wrong on so many levels. This doesn't make sense, period.

Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Cycling is so easy when you have a guaranteed 50 Watt advantage
Ohwell

This sport is back to being the biggest joke of all, rather than somewhat of a joke that could at least to pretend to try and be serious

The problem isn't that Froome wins. It's the way it happens. It looks completely planned out, going from testing out the legs on Zoncolan to "Yeah I could make up 3 minutes on the Jafferau stage, let's fake it here and there" and then just finish s.t. on Prato Nevoso, where he didn't the initial acceleration.

This hasn't been a race for the first 18 stages. It's been a goddamn *** play.

Re: Re:

Bronstein said:
hrotha said:
I don't think a motor is the best explanation for a sustained 80-km effort. I believe you guys underestimate the ol' doping.

Except that Landis 06' didn't have to contend with the passport. No one has done anything like this in the passport era as far as I can recall. Motor + blood bag.
I don't believe the current peloton is any cleaner (in terms of performance boost) than in 2006. It's only got dirtier and dirtier at the very least since 2011.

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
I don't want to protect the guy but he told everyone that he's aiming for the third week. Maybe with an additional BB on the rest day which needs 1-2 days to kick in but he always planned to peak now. He has way more knowledge about how always the third weeks are the hardest, especially now since we have some tough mountains right at the end. If someone is using some stuff in the first two weeks then they'll go faster but that also means that their body will be more exhausted towards the end (losing more fat, etc.). Apart from motors all other types of doping can kick back if you overdo it.

TRENDING THREADS