• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1209 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oliwright said:
Were people getting mad about Froome when he lost 1:10 in 1km on stage 9?
Look Dumoulin, Pinot or anyone else in the peloton could be having a similar case to Froome. But some * leaked it and Froome loses his right to the correct process.
Just because you don't support Froome doesn't mean you should rage at the keyboard.
EVERY GC contender other than Froome peaked early in the race. TD was at his best in Israel. Everything just fell right for Froome.

giphy.gif

Oliwright said:
Look Dumoulin, Pinot or anyone else in the peloton could be having a similar case to Froome. But some * leaked it and Froome loses his right to the correct process.
Just because you don't support Froome doesn't mean you should rage at the keyboard.
EVERY GC contender other than Froome peaked early in the race. TD was at his best in Israel. Everything just fell right for Froome.
LOL. Rage at the keyboard? It sounds like you are trying to convince yourself that donkey turned racehorse is legit.

Re: Re:

bigcog said:
thehog said:
Alexandre B. said:
Cycling is now at the very bottom.

This i doubt and see how strong Froome was today, he might just go on to win the Tour. Be prepared for that to actually happen. Because right now Froome has won 3 out of his last 3 GT attempts.

I doubt he will be allowed to race one way or another.

To make it even more awesome Froome won the points jersey at the Vuelta as well as winning the race and at the Giro won the mountain prize as well as winning the race.

Is there anything Froomey cannot do?

Hi friends. I never post here again but couldn't resist. What an absolute joke this is going to be when he's finally suspended. Though it maybe so embarrassing, and costly to cycling as a whole, at this point they might just whitewash the whole thing away.

Somewhere Floyd Landis has to be grinning, or grimacing.

thehog said:
bigcog said:
thehog said:
Alexandre B. said:
Cycling is now at the very bottom.

This i doubt and see how strong Froome was today, he might just go on to win the Tour. Be prepared for that to actually happen. Because right now Froome has won 3 out of his last 3 GT attempts.

I doubt he will be allowed to race one way or another.

To make it even more awesome Froome won the points jersey at the Vuelta as well as winning the race and at the Giro won the mountain prize as well as winning the race.

Is there anything Froomey cannot do?

He is lacking in the PR department ...

Re:

Alpe d'Huez said:
Hi friends. I never post here again but couldn't resist. What an absolute joke this is going to be when he's finally suspended. Though it maybe so embarrassing, and costly to cycling as a whole, at this point they might just whitewash the whole thing away.

Well here is every chance he doesn’t get suspended or gets three months post Tour. Like it never happened.

Oliwright said:
This is a new level of bot mental gymnastics.

It looks like they've hired scientists to create doubt about the salbutamol test. Some test people had a level that was too high as well. That's probably why it's toaking so long, and there's a real chance he gets away with it.

Personally I think this salbutamol is only the tip of the iceberg and Sky is highly suspicious as a team.

Re:

MartinGT said:
Nothing is going to happen to the Dawg.

He got told the other day to carry on as normal.

I understand your annoyance but I'm really not so sure.

Whatever Froome is doing, I believe he is doing it in the near certainty that he won't get caught and I'm not convinced that UCI collusion is a part of this.

Unless I'm misreading things, Lappartient wants his a55...but he is up against far stronger forces.

Pantani_lives said:
Personally I think this salbutamol is only the tip of the iceberg and Sky is highly suspicious as a team.

Really? No *** :D

Team Sky have had the
big spotlight on them for 5 years, and thus far nothing has stuck. Whatever they are doing is next-generation.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Alpe d'Huez said:

I bet Armstrong wished he acted more like Froome........ :lol:

I bet Wiggins regrets not continuing to race, or at least Cath Wiggins does........ :lol:

At this point I think Froome will get off. Remember when it comes to the big time dopers it is rare those that run the sport that take them down it is usually outside agencies, FBI or Gendarmes etc.....

Oliwright said:

You're technically right. We shouldn't know about Froome's case, but... we do! I dunno about anyone else, but I can't pretend to not know what I already know.

Been seeing this a lot. First, it’s not true. It was 49% on climbs, 29% on descents, 22% on flats. Second, it means working (hard) the whole time, no respite, no shelter, & still taking time. If anything, the numbers make the performance MORE remarkable. They’re not mitigating

Well said by Ross Tucker :cool:

Dude's been using an e-bike for at least 5 years, maybe longer.

Obviously he's doped to the hills but that's standard in the pro peloton. It's possible he's getting better dope than others, since no two doping programs are the same.

I'm out, I've said pretty much what I've wanted to say.

Re:

Saint Unix said:
Nothing next-gen about what Sky are doing. Carte blanche on everything illegal under the sun by paying off the big wigs at UCI is straight out of the USPS playbook. It's old news as far as doping goes.

Lappartient publically said he wanted Froome not to ride the Giro.

How does that support your argument?

Since throwing urine, booing or spitting at Froome and Sky is counterproductive, there's only one viable solution to end this shitshow: directly harm the crown jewel of our country, Le Tour de France.

The public must block the road on stage 4, the one finishing in Sarzeau, town of David Lappartient. If nobody can't stop Sky, the public can. And that means harming everyone else: the UCI, the race, the organizer, the other teams.

macbindle said:
Saint Unix said:
Nothing next-gen about what Sky are doing. Carte blanche on everything illegal under the sun by paying off the big wigs at UCI is straight out of the USPS playbook. It's old news as far as doping goes.

Lappartient publically said he wanted Froome not to ride the Giro.

How does that support your argument?

“Lappartient publically said he wanted Froome not to ride the Giro”
I should know but did the timing of this parallel when Froome went, well, “full Froome” in the Giro? I agree with others who have surmised Sky/Froome learned a real sanction was imminent and/or LeTour was a no-go. At that time a decision was made to go full throttle in the Giro.

I started following pro cycling during the Lemond years and it took until Armstrong’s 2nd Tour victory to conclude (or recognize a case of personal denial of obvious facts :lol: ) that USPS was on a superior PED program. If a spectacular pro cycling performance doesn’t pass the red faced test then, by an overwhelming percentage, they are later proven to have a PED aided element. Sad but true. Froome’s Giro is no different and joins a long list.

TRENDING THREADS