• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1289 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

rick james said:
Benotti69 said:
yaco said:
Eyeballs Out said:
yaco said:
It's hard to accept that the UCI would accept a bribe,seeing they leaked Froome's test results , while the final result has caused them embarrassment.
Any source for that or just guessing ?

Who else would have access to Froome's test results

- Froome
- Team Sky
- Closest confidants
- British Cycling

Give me a reason why any of these groups would leak the results.

Cookson, the guy who lost the election.

I’m sure if I search your posts I’ll find a post telling us that Cookson is paid by sky, that’s why his son got a job there and that’s why sky got to do whatever they want

Oh but he lost his job. His son works for Sky still? Seems the Cooksons upset the Sky gravy train and got dumped!

Good reason, for some, to leak an AAF.

I’m sure if I search your posts I’ll find not a post telling us anything interesting about doping in cycling.

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Benotti69 said:
rick james said:
Angliru said:
LaFlorecita said:
And to all those saying this should have been confidential, bla blah, yeah, just imagine how many times he may have escaped in the same way and we know nothing about it. Good that it's been leaked. Now we all know for sure that he's a fraud.
God I'm so salty :lol:

I can imagine that is the very reason it was leaked. Someone saw how often he was skating by, with cycling fans being completely unaware, and decided to at least let it be known that all is not as pure and pristine as it appears.
And its been proved he's innocent...a great day for clean cycling

Nothing has been proved.

The case will not proceed. That is all we are told.

Froome has not proved he is a clean cyclist.

How does any cyclist prove he's clean,genius?

armchairclimber said:
Koronin said:
The UCI has no proven that it's anti doping is a 100% farce. They may as well just stop doping tests because they just proved it's useless. Also they have proved that the peloton today is just as dirty if not dirtier than it was when Lance was racing. That is the only this proves.
Reinstate Lance, and give all riders who have ever lost results their results back and give them all an apology. As of NOW Lance is again a 7 time Tour winner and Contador IS a 9 time GT winner.

Well actually, all that has been proved is that their salbutamol regime was useless. No free pass for Lance, Contador or the likes of Valverde on those grounds ... no matter how much you might want there to be.

Except Valverde has never failed an anti doping test, while Froome actually has and gets off. Sorry, but the UCI today proved that their anti doping is a complete farce and that certain people can cheat and get away with it and they won't do anything to them. That is what has been proven. We've also learned the peloton has not cleaned up at all. So reinstate Lance, and give everyone back their results, then just eliminate anti doping tests because they really don't care what they say.

brownbobby said:
rhubroma said:
And of course Sky, without having any knowledge of the 1500 page legal report back in November, in their infinite purity allowed Froome to race sub iudice. That's because they knew they had the money and clout to beat the system and exonerate their man. Surely a win for clean cycling.

One thing they and Froome could have known for certain back in November is his complete innocence.

Knowledge of that simple fact would be enough to inspire them to invest so heavily in providing the necessary proof, and continuing to race whilst doing soo. No?
Not to interject myself into this at a bad time, but do you think that Froome is completely innocent of doping? I would argue that he is most likely no more guilty than anyone else, but I think claiming complete innocence on his behalf is a little disingenuous.

shakey88 said:
Benotti69 said:
rick james said:
Angliru said:
LaFlorecita said:
And to all those saying this should have been confidential, bla blah, yeah, just imagine how many times he may have escaped in the same way and we know nothing about it. Good that it's been leaked. Now we all know for sure that he's a fraud.
God I'm so salty :lol:

I can imagine that is the very reason it was leaked. Someone saw how often he was skating by, with cycling fans being completely unaware, and decided to at least let it be known that all is not as pure and pristine as it appears.
And its been proved he's innocent...a great day for clean cycling

Nothing has been proved.

The case will not proceed. That is all we are told.

Froome has not proved he is a clean cyclist.

How does any cyclist prove he's clean,genius?

Bribery

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site

brownbobby said:
mrhender said:
The truth being what?

You actually think this brings clarity?

That he is not guilty of any wrongdoing in this specific case.

Who mentioned clarity? The truth is rarely immediately accompanied by clarity

If he isn't guilty of any wrongdoing then everything is clear no?

Just because the supposed powers to be decide to fold does it mean Froome has done nothing wrong in this case?

It's the old #nevertestedpositive just with a twist.

Re:

Koronin said:
The UCI has no proven that it's anti doping is a 100% farce. They may as well just stop doping tests because they just proved it's useless. Also they have proved that the peloton today is just as dirty if not dirtier than it was when Lance was racing. That is the only this proves.
Reinstate Lance, and give all riders who have ever lost results their results back and give them all an apology. As of NOW Lance is again a 7 time Tour winner and Contador IS a 9 time GT winner.

I think this was less UCI and more WADA. The pressure came from there, the UCI had to fold once WADA forced the issue. Sad but true.

mrhender said:
brownbobby said:
mrhender said:
The truth being what?

Just because the supposed powers to be decide to fold does it mean Froome has done nothing wrong in this case?

Lots of shovels ... and lots of shovelers here. Keep digging, bro ... you'll find it.

I'm sure you'll keep us posted.

yaco said:
Eyeballs Out said:
yaco said:
It's hard to accept that the UCI would accept a bribe,seeing they leaked Froome's test results , while the final result has caused them embarrassment.
Any source for that or just guessing ?

Who else would have access to Froome's test results

- Froome
- Team Sky
- Closest confidants
- British Cycling

Give me a reason why any of these groups would leak the results.
You firstly assume that the leak was deliberate. Probably true, but not necessarily. Journalists get stories and quite often it's because of people making careless mistakes. They don't use secure passwords or they let laptops go astray. We've seen in cycling that it's far from impossible for people to get hacked

It absolutely could have been someone at the UCI either politically motivated or for cash.

It absolutely could have been other sources too for the same reasons. Who else has form ?

What was the last big positive that was only made public because of a leak ? Was it the UCI that leaked the Contador +ve ? I don't think it was

And yes Sky / BC have got by far the strongest form for leaking over the past couple of years

thehog said:
Koronin said:

I think this was less UCI and more WADA. The pressure came from there, the UCI had to fold once WADA forced the issue. Sad but true.

Then that makes it even more useless to do any anti doping tests as it's even more of a total farce. And yes everyone ever banned in any sport deserves an apology and reinstated.

Koronin said:
thehog said:
Koronin said:

Then that makes it even more useless to do any anti doping tests as it's even more of a total farce. And yes everyone ever banned in any sport deserves an apology and reinstated.

But don’t forget, the UCI said we can “...now enjoy the racing in the days ahead” :cool:

Koronin said:
armchairclimber said:
Koronin said:

Well actually, all that has been proved is that their salbutamol regime was useless. No free pass for Lance, Contador or the likes of Valverde on those grounds ... no matter how much you might want there to be.

Except Valverde has never failed an anti doping test, while Froome actually has and gets off. Sorry, but the UCI today proved that their anti doping is a complete farce and that certain people can cheat and get away with it and they won't do anything to them. That is what has been proven. We've also learned the peloton has not cleaned up at all. So reinstate Lance, and give everyone back their results, then just eliminate anti doping tests because they really don't care what they say.

Froome has not failed a test. There was no AAF. I know you don't like that, but it is fact. No failed test. And Jeez, don't pretend Valverde is or ever was clean. Iam. as you know, a Valverde fan (now). But he is no cleaner than Froome.

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site

armchairclimber said:
Koronin said:
armchairclimber said:
Koronin said:

Froome has not failed a test. There was no AAF. I know you don't like that, but it is fact. No failed test. And Jeez, don't pretend Valverde is or ever was clean. Iam. as you know, a Valverde fan (now). But he is no cleaner than Froome.

He failed test, but and escaped from the punishment with some illegal acts, we can only doubt what kind :razz: . I understand, that it is difficult to admit he is fraud, but he is.

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site

Alpe73 said:
mrhender said:
brownbobby said:
mrhender said:
The truth being what?

Lots of shovels ... and lots of shovelers here. Keep digging, bro ... you'll find it.

I'm sure you'll keep us posted.

Good thing we have shovels like you to separate the s... from the mud eh bro!?

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
If any Sky fans are capable of thinking, try to think about this:

https://twitter.com/faustocoppi60/status/1013786829664014336

The perfect day to remember Alessio Taliani, former rider of Androni Giocattoli. He was banned in 2017 for 4 YEARS (!!!) for using the nasal spray, Nasacort. 36 ng/ml triamcinolone, the WADA limit was 30 ng/ml. Now tell me more about that thing called justice... #Froome

So 20% more is crime, 100% is no AAF, no doping ... . OK guys nice fairy tale.

Re:

Pirazziattacks said:
LaFlorecita said:
VayaVayaVaya said:
To my mind, Contador getting banned (and losing a Tour, Giro, and a shot at another Tour) for an infinitesimal amount of clenbuterol, which other athletes across sports have since been cleared for, while Froome walks for having twice the legal limit of salbutamol on a day in which he miraculously turned the tables on Nibali, is tragic. Both are or were likely doping with other substances, of course, but the disparate official results are a joke. And I do understand the official classifications.
this is what hurts the most :(
Yes, the real victim here is... Alberto Contador. Come on, this is just weird.
Oh come on the feck, that has nothing to do with Bertie, why even talk about him....poor Bertie never at fault and now he is the victim a case where Froome has been found innocent..this is crazy talk

Re:

Pirazziattacks said:
LaFlorecita said:
VayaVayaVaya said:
To my mind, Contador getting banned (and losing a Tour, Giro, and a shot at another Tour) for an infinitesimal amount of clenbuterol, which other athletes across sports have since been cleared for, while Froome walks for having twice the legal limit of salbutamol on a day in which he miraculously turned the tables on Nibali, is tragic. Both are or were likely doping with other substances, of course, but the disparate official results are a joke. And I do understand the official classifications.
this is what hurts the most :(
Yes, the real victim here is... Alberto Contador. Come on, this is just weird.
Can't you read? I wrote that that's what frustrates me most about this decision, that he got off so easily while Contador was crucified while they are (were) obviously both doped up to the gills.
At least the fans won't forget about this case.

Re:

lartiste said:

The perfect day to remember Alessio Taliani, former rider of Androni Giocattoli. He was banned in 2017 for 4 YEARS (!!!) for using the nasal spray, Nasacort. 36 ng/ml triamcinolone, the WADA limit was 30 ng/ml. Now tell me more about that thing called justice... #Froome

No false positive possible in this case? No external factors that could influence the urine concentration? Oh wait, not rich and no big name :rolleyes:

Re:

lartiste said:

30 ng/ml is a minimum required performance level, not a threshhold

https://www.wada-ama.org/sites/default/files/resources/files/td2018mrpl_v1_finaleng.pdf

Hi guys. What an absolutely shameful joke our sport has become. A laughing stock for other sports to point fingers at and snicker.

We hold races, then months later determine who actually won. Er, who we think should have won, or who we're calling the winner. And we'll even be open minded to interpretations of rules, so if someone has powerful enough attorneys and enough cash, we'll take any and all considerations into hand if you break those rules, even turn around and say you never broke them in the first place.

Ross Tucker is right, what's the point in even testing at this point?

Re:

Alpe d'Huez said:
Hi guys. What an absolutely shameful joke our sport has become. A laughing stock for other sports to point fingers at and snicker.

We hold races, then months later determine who actually won. Er, who we think should have won, or who we're calling the winner. And we'll even be open minded to interpretations of rules, so if someone has powerful enough attorneys and enough cash, we'll take any and all considerations into hand if you break those rules, even turn around and say you never broke them in the first place.

Ross Tucker is right, what's the point in even testing at this point?

It was a very quick decision in the end and my sense is they didn’t want to go the appeal on Tuesday. That would have revealed too much about the case. This was going to be annouced post Tour but the hand was forced by ASO. WADA did the rest with Reedie giving one for the lads of the U.K. Well done!

lartiste said:
armchairclimber said:
Koronin said:
armchairclimber said:
Koronin said:

He failed test, but and escaped from the punishment with some illegal acts, we can only doubt what kind :razz: . I understand, that it is difficult to admit he is fraud, but he is.

This. He FAILED the test rather you like it or not. He IS a doping and will always be from now on, nothing he can do to change that. He failed and SHOULD have been punished. The only question is how much money did it take to get him off?

I agree with Alpe d'Huez, why even bother testing anymore because this case just proved they don't care and are more than willing to change the rules at a moments notice actually like NASCAR does. Oh and NASCAR is currently in major trouble due to all the ridiculous rule changes.