• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1314 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
silvergrenade said:
LaFlorecita said:
silvergrenade said:
Naah...
Bertie was only good in training if those numbers are even legit, which I dont think they care.
If he showed this in the Tour, he wouldve been winning by minutes not dropping like a fly whenever Sky put the hammer down.
Yeah, he definitely fabricated these numbers several years ago, to brag after he retirement :rolleyes:
It's obvious he struggled with endurance a bit more in later years... in 10-30 minute efforts he was top dog. See all those MTTs.
Of course, Froome's data won't be far off, if it isn't similar or better.
What do you make of Berto's claim that before Sky, it wasn't necessary to put out these ridiculous numbers?

That there is a new sheriff aka Froome in town. :p

PS:He got a great deal at Trek by showing off these numbers and doing nothing in any race of significance.
Please dont say Paris Nice. We know who he lost to. :lol:
That seems logical, use your pre-Tour training camp to fabricate numbers several years in a row to secure a better contract. That is surely the best prep for your biggest goal of te season :rolleyes:
Fact is this is only a hunch fed by your extreme dislike. He has no reason to fabricate the numbers and release fabricated numbers. He was an absolute machine but fear not, Froome's numbers will be similar if that makes you feel better.

LaFlorecita said:
silvergrenade said:
LaFlorecita said:
silvergrenade said:
Naah...
Bertie was only good in training if those numbers are even legit, which I dont think they care.
If he showed this in the Tour, he wouldve been winning by minutes not dropping like a fly whenever Sky put the hammer down.
Yeah, he definitely fabricated these numbers several years ago, to brag after he retirement :rolleyes:
It's obvious he struggled with endurance a bit more in later years... in 10-30 minute efforts he was top dog. See all those MTTs.
Of course, Froome's data won't be far off, if it isn't similar or better.
What do you make of Berto's claim that before Sky, it wasn't necessary to put out these ridiculous numbers?

That there is a new sheriff aka Froome in town.

PS:He got a great deal at Trek by showing off these numbers and doing nothing in any race of significance.
Please dont say Paris Nice. We know who he lost to. :lol:
That seems logical, use your pre-Tour training camp to fabricate numbers several years in a row to secure a better contract. That is surely the best prep for your biggest goal of te season :rolleyes:
Fact is this is only a hunch fed by your extreme dislike. He has no reason to fabricate the numbers and release fabricated numbers. He was an absolute machine but fear not, Froome's numbers will be similar if that makes you feel better.
Firstly, I actually like Contador and have a lot of respect for his good performances. I call out what I dont like which has always been his constant justifications for his poor performaces, blaming one thing or thing.

As far as my hunch goes, it actually is more logical than some theories on here. Like Froome having a motor inside his body powering his bike. :lol:
I don't need to compare Froome to Contador. I know who's numbers are better and who's a convicted doper. ;)

The point I was making was...
I havent seen 7.3 W/Kg from Contador even on 20 minute efforts in any competitive race. Have you? Even on MTTs.

It's hard to compare road stages with tests so it would be best to look at MTTs. But he hasn't done too many MTTs of around 20 minutes, all uphill. Estimated 7 W/kg for 11.5 minutes on the prologue of 2016 Dauphiné, actual numbers probably higher as it included 350m flat/slight downhill at the end. Of course, it's hard to replicate the normally ideal circumstances of a test, not to mention that those tests are done just before the Tour at which point a rider's shape should be better than during the prep races.

Edit: 7.5 W/kg for 7 minutes on Malhao in 2016, 7.5 W/kg for 7 minutes on Gaintza in 2014. Both shorter efforts but at the end of a stage.

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
There's no need to panic. It's only the first week. The Dawg visited his doctor overnight, so all is well.

ei8nqq.png

Re:

LaFlorecita said:
It's hard to compare road stages with tests so it would be best to look at MTTs. But he hasn't done too many MTTs of around 20 minutes, all uphill. Estimated 7 W/kg for 11.5 minutes on the prologue of 2016 Dauphiné, actual numbers probably higher as it included 350m flat/slight downhill at the end. Of course, it's hard to replicate the normally ideal circumstances of a test, not to mention that those tests are done just before the Tour at which point a rider's shape should be better than during the prep races.

Edit: 7.5 W/kg for 7 minutes on Malhao in 2016, 7.5 W/kg for 7 minutes on Gaintza in 2014. Both shorter efforts but at the end of a stage.
Bertie's performances over the years:
Dh_ojlSWkAEDD5b.jpg

1 performance really stands out. He apparently did that in training. Apparently

Re: Re:

silvergrenade said:
LaFlorecita said:

Bertie's performances over the years:
Dh_ojlSWkAEDD5b.jpg

1 performance really stands out. He apparently did that in training. Apparently
Is it that strange that a performance at the end of a stage and in some cases halfway through a GT is worse than in a 20 minute test? Not sure why you want it to be fake so badly.
PS those are estimated numbers

silvergrenade said:
Froomster said:
There's no need to panic. It's only the first week. The Dawg visited his doctor overnight, so all is well.

ei8nqq.png
Who's panicking? :lol:
Plus I don't think he needs that many for asthma. One would do. Don't think he has a private jet either.
That's a hilarious pic!

Froome's on the new asthma protocol and uses one of those per day. Don't worry though, it's all within his own unique variation and all is good!

Ripper said:
silvergrenade said:
Froomster said:

ei8nqq.png
Plus I don't think he needs that many for asthma. One would do. Don't think he has a private jet either.
That's a hilarious pic!

Froome's on the new asthma protocol and uses one of those per day. Don't worry though, it's all within his own unique variation and all is good!
Yeah hoping he puts a 100 km solo on the new medication and puts 30 mins on Porte while 1 hour on Nibs et al.
:p

I think much of the discrepancy of 20 min. vs. FTP comes from the fact that FTP is not precisely defined. E.g., one of the links BB posted described it as 45-60 min. They're not the same. Pinot posted power for both times, and while they're close, 60 minutes is consistently lower.

It will also depend on the type of rider, of course, but Pinot and Froome would obviously be much better comps for Contador than some club rider.

Anyway, in this conversation should be Froome and Porte up the Madone, about a thirty minute climb, and as I recall the W/kg values were around 6.8-6.9.

silvergrenade said:
Ripper said:
silvergrenade said:
Froomster said:

ei8nqq.png
That's a hilarious pic!

Yeah hoping he puts a 100 km solo on the new medication and puts 30 mins on Porte while 1 hour on Nibs et al.
:p

Ok, that picture is humorous.

Nighttrain99 said:
If Froome wins this Tour and then the Vuelta, and I think he will, does he enter the record books as the greatest GT racer of all time? From donkey to GOAT...

I think he will too, and that will make 5 GT's in a row. That would make him the greatest athlete in the history of mankind, which is why anyone who believes he is cleans is so clearly mentally deficient.

Re:

Koronin said:
If he does that it will make a total farce out of the sport.

When was it anything other than a farce? Serious question. When was this hallowed age of clean athleticism in GT cycling? Gid Festina not happen? Did Armstrong not happen? Is his real crime that he makes it too obvious?

Business as usual as far as I can tell.

TRENDING THREADS