• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1333 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

macbindle said:
Suggestions that it is faked serve only to illustrate that tin-foil hats are in the thread. Of course it's not faked. Hes broken his leg and was treated on the road for a considerable amount of time before being taken away. This is serious. It's very possibly the end of his career as a race winner. Injuries like these can even kill people.
We had crackpots claim Henao faked his crash a few years ago, even though we saw pictures of his bike in pieces and tinkov witnessing it himself

Re:

macbindle said:
Suggestions that it is faked serve only to illustrate that tin-foil hats are in the thread. Of course it's not faked. Hes broken his leg and was treated on the road for a considerable amount of time before being taken away. This is serious. It's very possibly the end of his career as a race winner. Compound breaks like these can even kill people.

Certainly, especially if he really hit a wall. He may well have gotten lucky here, although it sounds bad to say this.

The hair on the back of my neck still stand up every time I think about Wouter Weylandt's crash.

Re:

masking_agent said:
a part of me does find it hard to believe how "convenient" the timing is from all of this. We'll never know the actual truth as that is behind closed doors. It quite possibly can be that he and his doctors concluded that he would be positive ?

This is quite possibly the most ludicrous suggestion I've ever seen on this forum....

Re: Re:

brownbobby said:
masking_agent said:
a part of me does find it hard to believe how "convenient" the timing is from all of this. We'll never know the actual truth as that is behind closed doors. It quite possibly can be that he and his doctors concluded that he would be positive ?

This is quite possibly the most ludicrous suggestion I've ever seen on this forum....
For your own good, don't dig up the thread on Xavi Tondo.

spalco said:
macbindle said:
Suggestions that it is faked serve only to illustrate that tin-foil hats are in the thread. Of course it's not faked. Hes broken his leg and was treated on the road for a considerable amount of time before being taken away. This is serious. It's very possibly the end of his career as a race winner. Compound breaks like these can even kill people.

Certainly, especially if he really hit a wall. He may well have gotten lucky here, although it sounds bad to say this.

The hair on the back of my neck still stand up every time I think about Wouter Weylandt's crash.

That's not the issue macbindle is alluding too. The femoral arteries run down the inside of your legs. A break in the femur can damage or sever this and a compound break can increase the likelihood of it happening. You can bleed out in minutes if this happens.

Feb 27, 2019
Visit site

King Boonen said:
spalco said:
macbindle said:

That's not the issue macbindle is alluding too. The femoral arteries run down the inside of your legs. A break in the femur can damage or sever this and a compound break can increase the likelihood of it happening. You can bleed out in minutes if this happens.

Indeed. Google "Cedric Gracia crash" where a MTB crash results in a pelvis break and severed femoral artery - not for the squeamish*.

*including me

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I mostly lurk in 'The Clinic' but there has been a couple of extremely poor posts on this thread today.

GET A FLICKING GRIP. We're discussing human athletes, here...from a sport we (seemingly) all love.

Zoomers on all forums, I suppose.

London Hibs said:
I mostly lurk in 'The Clinic' but there has been a couple of extremely poor posts on this thread today.

GET A FLICKING GRIP. We're discussing human athletes, here...from a sport we (seemingly) all love.

Not as bad as some twitter posts I've come across celebrating Froome's injury...

The Clinic's actually pretty good at separating the sporting "villain" from the human behind the mask imo.

The latest is that Froome was treated roadside "for several hours" before being airlifted to a hospital. I am surprised that they were able to keep photographers away for several hours and that they were able to keep the news secret too. There was not a whisper until the official announcements from the team and his wife.

I don't know what to make of it all.

Re:

spalco said:
London Hibs said:

Not as bad as some twitter posts I've come across celebrating Froome's injury...

The Clinic's actually pretty good at separating the sporting "villain" from the human behind the mask imo.
Indeed there is a serious rule here that you can get banned for celebrating falls and injuries.

Re:

wirral said:
The latest is that Froome was treated roadside "for several hours" before being airlifted to a hospital. I am surprised that they were able to keep photographers away for several hours and that they were able to keep the news secret too. There was not a whisper until the official announcements from the team and his wife.

I don't know what to make of it all.
I think that sounds like an exaggeration, didn't he crash on course and not too far before the start of the TT?

Re:

hrotha said:
Yeah, I know they can, but they can also not be. It depends on how it goes exactly. I asked because it's not been mentioned or hinted at really, so I was wondering whether it was even worse than the reports have said so far.

I don't think we'd normally expect intensive care for broken bones so clearly he's taken a hell of a bang.

I think I read that there were no head injuries/concussion concerns so possibly internal injuries worry?

thehog said:
thehog said:
Froome on Pena 2011, the slow motion reply of a side view is interesting. Bearly pedalling as he flies past Cobo.

Regardless, this is absurd that he could do his and even kmow that he could do it without blowing up.

https://youtu.be/_mFDtlQXCRQ?t=1m50s

Now that Cobo has been suspended for passport violation from 2011 it confirms Froome is a doper.

And I here I thought turning a positive confirmed he was doping. And everything else about Froome.

TRENDING THREADS