• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1334 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Red Rick said:
**** loved the days when you at least had to beat your opponents on the road instead of just pulling GT wins out of your ***.

Ha, yeah. But I think those days ended in 1995, correct? Was Riis the first GT winner to be stripped of title years later?

I think I might agree on declaring no winner and asterisking the "winners." Reason being that unlike a one-time event like the 100 meters, there's a whole world of calculations and team tactics that go into a race, so just saying that Froome "won" the 2011 Vuelta b/c Cobo showed passport anomalies isn't a neat and tidy solution.

But to be honest, if this cheers up Froome, I'm all for it. Poor guy, and I mean that sincerely.

Re:

F_Cance said:
Can't be coincidence that they announce this today
giphy.gif

Re: Re:

spalco said:
Bolder said:
But to be honest, if this cheers up Froome, I'm all for it. Poor guy, and I mean that sincerely.

Getting beaten by Cobo I think was a great thing for his career; lighting a fire in him that made him go even one step further or two.

That is what I was thinking. A guy who is very clearly cheating...sorry, I don't really care what happens to him. Call me evil. Call me soulless. But if you are out there making millions and lying directly to everyone, um....so what if you have some bad luck?

You didn't exactly instill a reason to care about you. My feeling is that plenty of decent people have awful things happen to them. So when something bad happens to someone choosing to do illegal things, sorry, I don't have much energy to sympathize. I didn't wish him ill. But I don't really care that he had some bad luck. He didn't really care about lying to everyone, did he?

“Some bad luck”, come on, man’s career is probably over, and cheat or not (I consider him one as per my post in the Cobo thread), being indifferent or even happy (A friend of mine was gleeful to my disgust) is taking it to the limit, if not crossing it. You don’t need to weep for the cheat or weep for the cyclist, but weep for him as a fellow human being - I for one, do!

nayr497 said:
spalco said:
Bolder said:

Getting beaten by Cobo I think was a great thing for his career; lighting a fire in him that made him go even one step further or two.

That is what I was thinking. A guy who is very clearly cheating...sorry, I don't really care what happens to him. Call me evil. Call me soulless. But if you are out there making millions and lying directly to everyone, um....so what if you have some bad luck?

You didn't exactly instill a reason to care about you. My feeling is that plenty of decent people have awful things happen to them. So when something bad happens to someone choosing to do illegal things, sorry, I don't have much energy to sympathize. I didn't wish him ill. But I don't really care that he had some bad luck. He didn't really care about lying to everyone, did he?

This. Good post, I agree.

rick james said:
macbindle said:
thehog said:
Cobo has said he plans to appeal the decision using Froome’s Ventoux performance in 2013 as evidence he wasn’t the only one cheating :lol:

Surely all Cobo has to do is use any of Froome's performances pre-2011 Vuelta to demonstrate that he wasnt the only cheat in that race :confused:
Yip, that’s clearly how the legal system work

If your name is: Wonderboy/Froome/Astana it is.

86TDFWinner said:
rick james said:
macbindle said:
thehog said:
Cobo has said he plans to appeal the decision using Froome’s Ventoux performance in 2013 as evidence he wasn’t the only one cheating :lol:

Surely all Cobo has to do is use any of Froome's performances pre-2011 Vuelta to demonstrate that he wasnt the only cheat in that race :confused:
Yip, that’s clearly how the legal system work

If your name is: Wonderboy/Froome/Astana it is.

You're making progress, ateysicks ... you'll soon have them. :lol:

Red Rick said:
dacooley said:
yea, guys, yesterday's indulgence attack didn't last for too long. froome is once again a villain because of cobo getiing stripped the vuelta off. )
Is that how this is supposed to work? Froome crashing yesterday does not affect him being an insult to the viewerships intelligence in the slightest.

No ... you're right ... no more or no less than your insensitivity being an insult to the intelligence of this thread's viewership. :geek:

TRENDING THREADS