• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1370 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I just answered to your sentence: the team had riders performing at a level several notches above what they have before and not showing that same form elsewhere.

*** me, I wonder why didnt Sky give the super fuel or the motor to Gerrans and Cummings.
"potential stars before" well then they confirmed what they did with Sky also after Sky

Check Porte´s climbing times at the Romandie he won. smashing it. huge w/kg.
Three of those didn't do anything at Sky.

Three of those didn't do anything at Sky.

so does not get well with your bolded sentence. Sky should make riders fly and smash it. why they didnt do anything with Sky? SKy has got the power to give the boost
whoops, some teams boosted them better

look, it´s fine. Sky dopes them like mad. no worry. you´re right
and I want Skineos to keep smashing it in any case, charged, not charged, young, old, whatever.
I am a fan cause of the non-fans. the fun game of pro cycling fans arguing on here and twitter.
cheers

so does not get well with your bolded sentence. Sky should make riders fly and smash it. why they didnt do anything with Sky? SKy has got the power to give the boost
whoops, some teams boosted them better

look, it´s fine. Sky dopes them like mad. no worry. you´re right
and I want Skineos to keep smashing it in any case, charged, not charged, young, old, whatever.
I am a fan cause of the non-fans. the fun game of pro cycling fans arguing on here and twitter.
cheers
Again, two of those rode for Sky before Sky started dominating. One is a sprinter and Sky has never valued sprinters. If they didn't value a British sprinter that is arguably the GOAT, why are you going to support an Italian B sprinter. Uran while showing signs of being a star rider, wasn't British and at that time, Sky was pro UK.
Does what I said apply to everyone? No, but the majority did this. Michael Rogers performed as well away from Sky but LS has spoken a lot on his doping case.

Again, two of those rode for Sky before Sky started dominating. One is a sprinter and Sky has never valued sprinters. If they didn't value a British sprinter that is arguably the GOAT, why are you going to support an Italian B sprinter. Uran while showing signs of being a star rider, wasn't British and at that time, Sky was pro UK.
Does what I said apply to everyone? No, but the majority did this. Michael Rogers performed as well away from Sky but LS has spoken a lot on his doping case.

So who are these riders who performed a few notches below their Sky standard when they left?

If we want to match cuteness, Froome.
EBH, Swift, Nordhaug, Konig, Henao, Nieve, etc.

Froome -> injured
EBH -> yes, but he was also better in his first Qhubeka years than in the last Sky ones
Swift -> yes
Nordhaug -> yes
Nieve -> 33 when left Sky. Looks like following a normal age related decline
Henao -> yes, but arguably it's somewhat similar to Nieve since he started declining already at Sky
König -> injured

Froome -> injured
EBH -> yes, but he was also better in his first Qhubeka years than in the last Sky ones
Swift -> yes
Nordhaug -> yes
Nieve -> 33 when left Sky. Looks like following a normal age related decline
Henao -> yes, but arguably it's somewhat similar to Nieve since he started declining already at Sky
König -> injured
They got cheeky bringing up riders that were already performing well before Sky or nothing at Sky and well after.

Henao started declining when his biopassport got flagged.

Not actually true. His level kept fairly consistent after 2014. He declined in his last year (2018). Riders who are leaving often do.

graphRiderHistory.asp

"No, no, no, no, no. I'm not talking about winning the Tour de France in a few weeks' time, that's for sure. I'm very much focused on just returning back to my former level and taking one step at a time. I don't go from this level to winning the Tour de France in a few weeks."

lols...our hapless hero...in fact his 'former' level is just that of a tour winner and of course turning mid-pack results to tour winning form in just a matters of weeks is exactly what he did in 2011....I'm not holding my breath for any journo pointing that out to him.....still 5.5 a year will buy a lot of beer :)

I'm trying to figure out why he's still so crap. If it were something about the injury, I don't see why he wouldn't be transparent about it, the team has to know what's going on.

Does ISN have some kind of anti-doping clause in the contract? Would that actually deter him from getting back on a program? Because what it looks like at this point is pre-2011 Vuelta Froome, with some age thrown in.

Or is there something about the injury that actually is hampering his power? If so, why not be more candid about it, we can all see it's not working for months and months now. This talk of weight, needing more time, it's all run its course and now he's just conceding, but no explanation of why he can't get back.

Previously I was of the mind of "why would he stop doping now" but I think it has to be considered a possibility at this point.

I'm trying to figure out why he's still so crap. If it were something about the injury, I don't see why he wouldn't be transparent about it, the team has to know what's going on.

Does ISN have some kind of anti-doping clause in the contract? Would that actually deter him from getting back on a program? Because what it looks like at this point is pre-2011 Vuelta Froome, with some age thrown in.

Or is there something about the injury that actually is hampering his power? If so, why not be more candid about it, we can all see it's not working for months and months now. This talk of weight, needing more time, it's all run its course and now he's just conceding, but no explanation of why he can't get back.

Previously I was of the mind of "why would he stop doping now" but I think it has to be considered a possibility at this point.

His right leg is approximately 25% less powerful than his right leg now, according to recent videos he has released. Given he a double compound fracture of femur that ain't unsurprising. It is no mystery...

He's a decade older, he's not raced in any meaningful way for two years and he has had injuries that (at his age) could have ended a racing career.

And you are wondering why he is crap?
I just think its great that he has been able to recapture the glory days of his early twenties...many an old pro without 'serious' injuries would love to achieve that...

TRENDING THREADS