• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1373 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The only focus for him in 2019 was the tour. He was in great shape before the crash, he was doing the numbers of his life on his trains in teide. So i believe that he would win that tour. Not certainly obviously, just a belief.
Never believe an athlete's reports on their numbers in training.

Pretty sure his only focus of a number of other years was also the tour.

The only focus for him in 2019 was the tour. He was in great shape before the crash, he was doing the numbers of his life on his trains in teide. So i believe that he would win that tour. Not certainly obviously, just a belief.
He had showed nothing in the way of having form to win on top of not being the undisputed leader as before. Ineos had 3 riders they would have been riding for, not just him. Bernal and Thomas actually showed something that year compared to him. He could have top 10 but win was out of reach.

Reactions: Rackham and Koronin
He had showed nothing in the way of having form to win on top of not being the undisputed leader as before. Ineos had 3 riders they would have been riding for, not just him. Bernal and Thomas actually showed something that year compared to him. He could have top 10 but win was out of reach.

Froome was favourite to win the Dauphine and dropped Buchmann (4th at TDF) and Kruijswijk (3rd at TDF) on stage 2. Bernal would be dropped by Buchmann on LPDBF and Thomas would be dropped by both in the pyrenees although Thomas did crash tbf.

The level that thomas and bernal showed in that tour, wasn't superior to froome's level.
Pogacar and roglic level in 2020 it's other different story, in that case i would have a lot of doubts because their level was super high, but bernal and thomas wasn't like that.

The level that thomas and bernal showed in that tour, wasn't superior to froome's level.
Pogacar and roglic level in 2020 it's other different story, in that case i would have a lot of doubts because their level was super high, but bernal and thomas wasn't like that.
Maybe 2013 and 2015 Froome.

Froome was favourite to win the Dauphine and dropped Buchmann (4th at TDF) and Kruijswijk (3rd at TDF) on stage 2. Bernal would be dropped by Buchmann on LPDBF and Thomas would be dropped by both in the pyrenees although Thomas did crash tbf.
Riders have there good and bad days. Bernal lost 2 seconds to Buchmann.

Thomas finished ahead of the two from TTT and TT and staying in the mountains. Bernal lost and gained time in the TTT and lost in TT. That would have fit Froome. The top 4 plus Pinot were very close in level in a race that wasn’t blown up as much for the top riders.

I couldn't believe the bilharzia headline today.
Where did that rear its heads from?
Besides that when's the last time Froome was in Africa to pick up the bug?
I don't recall any tweets from his home continent.
Are they seriously saying the parasite has lay dormant in his system for nearly a decade while he dominated GT's.
If bilharzia effects red blood cell count maybe that justifies a TUE to counter that.
Perhaps that's why we are hearing about this again.
It's also significant Froome himself did not mention it because he knows how toxic his association with bilharzia is to the cycling cognoscenti.
Unfortunately the untarnished Adams is less aware of the negative relationship between the words 'Froome' and 'bilharzia'.

Reactions: Ripper
I couldn't believe the bilharzia headline today.
Where did that rear its heads from?
Besides that when's the last time Froome was in Africa to pick up the bug?
I don't recall any tweets from his home continent.
Are they seriously saying the parasite has lay dormant in his system for nearly a decade while he dominated GT's.
If bilharzia effects red blood cell count maybe that justifies a TUE to counter that.
Perhaps that's why we are hearing about this again.
It's also significant Froome himself did not mention it because he knows how toxic his association with bilharzia is to the cycling cognoscenti.
Unfortunately the untarnished Adams is less aware of the negative relationship between the words 'Froome' and 'bilharzia'.

maybe i'm wrong, but i didn't see praziquantel and oxamniquine on the list of prohibited substances. Not only in Africa, but Middle East and some parts of South America

Badzhilla sure is a strange beast. Even its effects on Froome change depending on whether he does well or not! During his peak domination it was occasionally spun as a "positive constraint" that in the long run allowed Froome to improve more than he would have done without it. There are links to such pieces in this very thread, but I am too lazy to dig them up.

Now we are back to the story badzhilla exclusively held him back. Mkay.

Badzhilla sure is a strange beast. Even its effects on Froome change depending on whether he does well or not! During his peak domination it was occasionally spun as a "positive constraint" that in the long run allowed Froome to improve more than he would have done without it. There are links to such pieces in this very thread, but I am too lazy to dig them up.

Now we are back to the story badzhilla exclusively held him back. Mkay.

This is correct.
His old boss Dave Brailsford once memorably said that Chris gained an advantage by training and racing with bilharzia.
The logic being that once 'cured' that physical handbrake was suddenly taken off, propelling Froome to GT greatness.

Reactions: Ripper

TRENDING THREADS