• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
these are the facts:

Here we have the "runner up" of the TDF, doing his second GT after 3 weeks of rest- with no signs of exhaustion/tireness at all-dropping everyone, except Purito, since the last meters suited him perfeclty-and yet Froom was with him.....

On the other hand, going back to 2011- We had Contador winning the Giro & then riding the Tour after 3-1/2" of rest- "showing signs of tireness during mountain finishes where he got eventually dropped at the very last k.....

Fromme is just becoming a freak show and is going to get worse as the Vuelta unfolds.....
Then is when the other teams get upset & start upping the dope regimen & we get right back to 1999.....

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
hfer07 said:
these are the facts:

Here we have the "runner up" of the TDF, doing his second GT after 3 weeks of rest- with no signs of exhaustion/tireness at all-dropping everyone, except Purito, since the last meters suited him perfeclty-and yet Froom was with him.....

On the other hand, going back to 2011- We had Contador winning the Giro & "showing signs of tireness during mountain finishes where he got eventually dropped at the very last k.....

Fromme is just becoming a freak show and is going to get worse as the Vuelta unfolds.....
Then is when the other teams get upset & start upping the dope regimen & we get right back to 1999.....
A fairer comparison would be to wait until week three of the Vuelta would it not?

May 26, 2009
Visit site
hfer07 said:
these are the facts:

Maybe you missed the Olympics, but he did quite an effort there as well, so rest seems a bit exaggerated :)

Oh the fun this is... the apologists screaming "The field was weak, AC wasn't there".

So let's go again:

Valverde: Of the juice, not in form. Also, never races to win, no cooldowns with the team.
Contador: Of the juice, no race days. Also, never races to win, no cooldowns with the team.
Gesink: Peaked for the TDF. Also, never races to win, no cooldowns with the team.
Mollema: Peaked for the TdF. Also, never races to win, no cooldowns with the team.
VDB: Peaked for the TdF, went on a party binge after the TdF. Also, never races to win, no cooldowns with the team.

There we have it! Weak field again! Wrong tactics! It's completely logical that Froome spanks underachievers

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Froome's season started rolling pretty late.. First time he was in good shape was in the Dauphine Libere right? Also how much work did he do for Wiggins? Maybe pulled a max of 10k on the climbs for him. Apparently he did not had to go very deep in the tdf and still got some reserves left.

How is this a sign of doping? Also it's only the first week? Let's look at his performance in the third week.

Froome is just a big talent I think :)

webbie146 said:
Froome's season started rolling pretty late.. First time he was in good shape was in the Dauphine Libere right? Also how much work did he do for Wiggins? Maybe pulled a max of 10k on the climbs for him. Apparently he did not had to go very deep in the tdf and still got some reserves left.

How is this a sign of doping? Also it's only the first week? Let's look at his performance in the third week.

Its started late due to Illness, not because he was at training camps and taking it steady.

A big talent? Yeh, ok.

the big ring

BANNED
Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
webbie146 said:

Many other riders wish they could not go deep and have reserves left AND come second in the Tour de France. Many of them.

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
MartinGT said:
You seem to be forgetting the little thing called the Olympics also.

Yes. 2 days of racing. 1 day pulling for Cav and a TT.. wow :D

the big ring said:
Many other riders wish they could not go deep and have reserves left AND come second in the Tour de France. Many of them.

True. That's why only a handful of riders can win a GT. But again his season started late so he's still fresh :)

My friend was talking to a lot of various team members after last stage of Tour de Pologne and they said to him that they don't believe that Team Sky is clean (was clean during Tour de France). He asked for evidence, they said they don't have but admitted that "it is not working this way" - about Sky TdF form.

the big ring said:
I was angling to the conspiracy theory myself, but if he did it at the Tour, it weakens the idea. I am still going to run with it though ;)

Whats the conspiracy theory ? I,m struggling to see how this can relate to doping :confused: someone let me in !

Also ROCHE ! - now he is another rider who's performances are becoming supspicious....he's riding with the top climbers - whats goin on !!!

May 26, 2009
Visit site
webbie146 said:
True. That's why only a handful of riders can win a GT. But again his season started late so he's still fresh :)

he's doing what AC couldn't, but hey, CF simply is a huge talent.

How dare we be suspicious :D

Oh and you are of course right. Between the TdF and Olympics he could just relax and did the same between the Olympics and Vuelta. The needed fat reserves aren't needed to recuperate when you have a swimming coach.

Or he gained a few pounds between the events and lost them overnight a few times. It's all marginal gains baby!

webbie146 said:
Yes. 2 days of racing. 1 day pulling for Cav and a TT.. wow :D

Are you new to cycling?

It wasnt a case of finishing the Tour and kicking back and relaxing. It was an Olympics on his "own turf", so he has to ride these events, do a final recce, interviews etc. Not get back from the Tour and relax to get fresh for a GT.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
MartinGT said:
Are you new to cycling?

It wasnt a case of finishing the Tour and kicking back and relaxing. It was an Olympics on his "own turf", so he has to ride these events, do a final recce, interviews etc. Not get back from the Tour and relax to get fresh for a GT.

No! He had plenty of time to unwind during the events! How dare you use logic against FAITH!

Aiight, lets speak the things we are not allowed too (but very much struggles to not do) in the current Vuelta-threads.

This guy is so freakish he actually makes Armstrong look pretty decent. And yet we have not probably seen the best of him (he probably have been instructed to not go full out as it will raise more suspicion).

the big ring

BANNED
Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
No_Balls said:
Aiight, lets speak the things we are not allowed too (but very much struggles to not do) in the current Vuelta-threads.

This guy is so freakish he actually makes Armstrong look pretty decent
. And yet we have not probably seen the best of him (he probably have been instructed to not go full out as it will raise more suspicion).

Totally disagree. When Contador puts 2 minutes into the bunch and Froome drops everyone, hunts him down, drops him, and finishes 2 minutes in front THEN you can compare Froome to USADA's *****.

Not before.

Performing at a relatively similar level in the Tour and Vuelta is not impossible (Ed. rather, less rarer recently than Giro-Tour).

That doesn't mean that Froome is not a naughty boy, but I wouldn't bug my eyes out at his performance just because he put a few seconds into a recent vacationer in the last 500 meters on the 6th day.

TRENDING THREADS