• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
the big ring said:
Totally disagree. When Contador puts 2 minutes into the bunch and Froome drops everyone, hunts him down, drops him, and finishes 2 minutes in front THEN you can compare Froome to USADA's *****.

Not before.

Good one. But in terms of racing Armstrong is very much yesterdays news. There is a new kid in town. ;)

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Franklin said:
he's doing what AC couldn't, but hey, CF simply is a huge talent.

How dare we be suspicious :D

Oh and you are of course right. Between the TdF and Olympics he could just relax and did the same between the Olympics and Vuelta. The needed fat reserves aren't needed to recuperate when you have a swimming coach.

Or he gained a few pounds between the events and lost them overnight a few times. It's all marginal gains baby!

Well what is his fat percentage anyways? You measured it personally? It's 3% atm? 4%? Anyways if it was 4% when the tdf was finished I don't see the problem. If it was 3% then.. swimming coach could help :p

MartinGT said:
Are you new to cycling?

It wasnt a case of finishing the Tour and kicking back and relaxing. It was an Olympics on his "own turf", so he has to ride these events, do a final recce, interviews etc. Not get back from the Tour and relax to get fresh for a GT.

No, been following cycling since the beginning of 2008 I think. Anyways I just think that people over estimate the effort/energy it took for Froome to ride the olympics.

People make it seem like the 3/4 weeks between the tdf Froome has been working his *** of lol :D

Aug 19, 2009
Visit site
webbie146 said:
Well what is his fat percentage anyways? You measured it personally? It's 3% atm? 4%? Anyways if it was 4% when the tdf was finished I don't see the problem. If it was 3% then.. swimming coach could help :p

No, been following cycling since the beginning of 2008 I think. Anyways I just think that people over estimate the effort/energy it took for Froome to ride the olympics.

People make it seem like the 3/4 weeks between the tdf Froome has been working his *** of lol :D

1) You don't show up dull and podium in the Olympic TT.
2) From what I've heard via a family friend who did the Sydney Olympics... it's a mind blowing experience.
3) 2008 = new to cycling.

webbie146 said:

It is not only the Olympics and Froome. He is just a product of Sky with a teamleader who has been in a all year-round-stroll and thus fits perfectly into the picture of what Sky has become. A modern freak-show more freakier then USPS ever was.

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Bag_O_Wallet said:
1) You don't show up dull and podium in the Olympic TT.
2) From what I've heard via a family friend who did the Sydney Olympics... it's a mind blowing experience.
3) 2008 = new to cycling.

Yea pretty new :p I have watched all tours from 1997 and onward though :D
So he showed up in good shape at the Olympics obviously. What's the problem?

Btw re-watching the last stages of this Vuelta Froome's high rpm kinda reminds me of Armstrong :D Cool stuff :cool:

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
A disease that attacks red blood cells. I wonder what his biological passport looks like.

Maybe his body is caning itself to replace the blood cells attacked by this virus. Then when you recover or the virus dies down, your body is still caning itself to make new rbcs and boom! o2 vector stuff anyone?

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Square-pedaller said:
I saw him do it in the Tour - in the TT?
I'm not a cyclist, so this may be hogwash, but it looks to me that he finds cycling with his head up tiring (strain on neck/back muscles?), and that what he is doing is lifting his head to see where he's going, not dropping it to read a power meter or whatever.

He's absolutely PCV watching. Nowt to do with his neck muscles.

He's not sticking in the 600W efforts to stay on Alberto's wheel if he can get across 30 seconds later riding 10 or 20W above FTP. If there's one shred of credibility in Froome's favour it's that he is riding intelligently within his limits. Always keeping an eye on the PCV. The lack of credibility comes from the incredibly high limits this rider seems to have attained from nowhere.

will10 said:
Maybe his body is caning itself to replace the blood cells attacked by this virus. Then when you recover or the virus dies down, your body is still caning itself to make new rbcs and boom! o2 vector stuff anyone?
Wait, I got this.
Picture-2.jpg

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
I just do for this year:
Roche, Monfort, Valverde... as examples.

Say Froome wins the Vuelta and that's not a completely fair comparison. Froome could easily have won the Tour. Only team politics resulted in he didn't. Tour + Vuelta. When did we see that the last time? Hinault or something like that..?

the big ring said:
Totally disagree. When Contador puts 2 minutes into the bunch and Froome drops everyone, hunts him down, drops him, and finishes 2 minutes in front THEN you can compare Froome to USADA's *****.

Not before.

Where does Froome coming in first or second at the upcoming ITT fit? The guy has a long history of doing okay at TT's only to become a ITT destroyer in 2012?

the big ring

BANNED
Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
Where does Froome coming in first or second at the upcoming ITT fit? The guy has a long history of doing okay at TT's only to become a ITT destroyer in 2012?

I was only disagreeing that today's stage made him less authentic than LA - no way. I've seen too many replays of LA riding non-stop up mountains dropping everyone, including Pantani, to think today allows us to equate Froome and LA.

If Froome goes on to win 3-4 more GTs in a row then we can talk LA equivalence in utter disbelievability ;)

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
DominicDecoco said:
Say Froome wins the Vuelta and that's not a completely fair comparison. Froome could easily have won the Tour. Only team politics resulted in he didn't. Tour + Vuelta. When did we see that the last time? Hinault or something like that..?

In the last five years only examples (TdF/Vuelta):
LLSanchez 11/10 in 2010
Sastre 4/2 in 2007, 1/3 in 2008, 8/20/8 in 2010
Plaza Molina 12/16 in 2010
Roche even before; 15/7 in 2010
JRod 8/4 in 2010
Evans 2/4 in 2007

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
LLSanchez 11/10 in 2010
JRod 8/4 in 2010
Evans 2/4 in 2007

Fair bit of margin for both of them to the winner in the Vuelta's, wasn't there.

the big ring

BANNED
Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
LLSanchez 11/10 in 2010
JRod 8/4 in 2010
Evans 2/4 in 2007

Steady progression for Evans, starting in 2003

graphRiderHistory.asp

Steady progression with some spikes for Carlos

graphRiderHistory.asp

LL Sanchez
graphRiderHistory.asp

Froome - but there's lots of points to come from, him I am guessing.
graphRiderHistory.asp

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
the big ring said:

graphRiderHistory.asp

graphRiderHistory.asp

LL Sanchez
graphRiderHistory.asp

graphRiderHistory.asp

Froome looks like LLS & Sastre. Evans looks even more doubious than Froome...

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
the big ring said:

graphRiderHistory.asp

graphRiderHistory.asp

LL Sanchez
graphRiderHistory.asp

graphRiderHistory.asp

I never like people using CQ's progression graphs but they work pretty well for the seemingly logical progression for Evans, for LL Sanchez's clinic stuff and especially so for Froome's (if you look at his blue dot that's his 12 month rolling score so uses points from his 2nd place in Vuelta 11, so his score this year won't be far off that)

TRENDING THREADS