• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

the big ring

BANNED
Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Froome looks like LLS & Sastre. Evans looks even more doubious than Froome...

Froome's first 1 year increase matches the same increase in the first 2 years for Evans. His second increase matches the next 2 years.

ie in 2 years, Froome is going to match or exceed what a similarly aged and more experienced Evans did in 4 years.

Are you sure Evans looks more dubious?

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
the big ring said:
Froome's first 1 year increase matches the same increase in the first 2 years for Evans. His second increase matches the next 2 years.

ie in 2 years, Froome is going to match or exceed what a similarly aged and more experienced Evans did in 4 years.

Are you sure Evans looks more dubious?

Ok he looks somewhat like Evans or AC:

graphRiderHistory.asp

the big ring

BANNED
Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Ok he looks somewhat like Evans or AC:

graphRiderHistory.asp

He looks nothing like Evans. Keep in mind - Evans' graph is 12 years in the same width as Froome's 6. If the scale was the same you'd see it - same with AC even.

Beginning to see why they are not such a good idea - if you can't do the math in your head the graphs look similar when they are not in any way. Easy to see how the comparison can be made though.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
AC from 145 to 2.520 in 5 years
EV from 93 to 1.979 in 5 years
Froome from 170 to approx. 1.735 in 5 years...

Very comparable.

Not that i think any of them are 100% clean. In AC case it´s even on record three times.

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:

Very comparable.

Not that i think any of them are 100% clean. In AC case it´s even on record three times.
Except it's Froome 126 to aprox. 1.735 in 2 years. adding 3 years of no progression to the start to make it look more normal is pure BS.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Cerberus said:
Except it's Froome 126 to aprox. 1.735 in 2 years. adding 3 years of no progression to the start to make it look more normal is pure BS.

Exactly
FoxxyBrown1111 said:

Very comparable.

This is like Armstrong spin.

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Comparing CQ points to compare performance , talents or breakthrough is ridiculous.

CQ points just indicates the number of good results a rider has. Not the way he beats his opponents.

When Voeckler got 1700 points last year it was mostly because he was consistent all year long and he had a very lucky TDF not because he smashed the best riders in the peloton in 1 Tour like Froome...You can't compare those two riders.
Just like you can't compare Evans and Froome , I don't remember Evans being as dominant as Froome in the mountains and in the time trial.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
will10 said:
Exactly

This is like Armstrong spin.

Cerberus said:

Ok, here we go for 2 years then. No problem:

Froome (age 26) 779-1045-ap.1735
AC (age 24) 619*-1632-2520
EV (age 28) 792-1327-1979

* the year before no progression (!!)

So here we are again: I don´t think Froome is totally clean, but he is no more "dirty", suspiciuos or doubious than Evans. Not even more than De Gendt. Not at all.

I think we should apply the "doubtness" equal to those who havn´t been linked to doping yet.

AC is a hardcore doper, no need to go further there anymore.

Aug 19, 2009
Visit site
webbie146 said:
Yea pretty new :p I have watched all tours from 1997 and onward though :D
So he showed up in good shape at the Olympics obviously. What's the problem?

Btw re-watching the last stages of this Vuelta Froome's high rpm kinda reminds me of Armstrong :D Cool stuff :cool:

Cool. Glad your digging into the history. Lots of old stuff on youtube these days.

I guess the problem isn't him showing up to the Olympics in, as you say, "good shape", it's that your undervaluing the effort and energy needed to do what he did on the Olympic stage.

the big ring

BANNED
Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
cqvsyearsasapro.png

As raised above, CQ only speaks to the accumulated points, not in the manner they were achieved.

I graphed a few riders as CQ vs years as a pro - Contador and Wiggins are still the standouts for me.

Curious to see Contador and Evans follow an initial spurt then decline, then Contador smacks everyone for 6. Wiggins waits until he's an old man of the peloton, doing nothing at all for 10 years before smacking everyone for 6.

It's pretty at least :D

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
So here we are again: I don´t think Froome is totally clean, but he is no more "dirty", suspiciuos or doubious than Evans. Not even more than De Gendt. Not at all.
I think we should apply the "doubtness" equal to those who havn´t been linked to doping yet.

One question you lying hypocrite: How does this justify Froome?

May 26, 2009
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:

*The worlds smallest violin*

Anyone who beats AC is good in your eyes.

You're here to push your own agenda, not to discuss in earnest.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
Please stop if you ever want to be taken seriously again.

Ever heard of Fromme before september last year?

Please.

See, for the 1.000th time: I do not think that Froome is an angel or 100% clean. But it´s unfair to put him into the dust bin if we don´t do that also with the likes of Evans, Sastre, DeGendt and many many others.

So let me quote myself. You´ll see that Evans is even more doubtful, since he blossomed very late and was/is on very shady teams.

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Ok, here we go for 2 years then. No problem:

Froome (age 26) 779-1045-ap.1735
AC (age 24) 619*-1632-2520
EV (age 28) 792-1327-1979

* the year before no progression (!!)

The following graph just puts it also into perspective. Froome is no more suspicious than others.

the big ring said:
cqvsyearsasapro.png

As raised above, CQ only speaks to the accumulated points, not in the manner they were achieved.

I graphed a few riders as CQ vs years as a pro - Contador and Wiggins are still the standouts for me.

Curious to see Contador and Evans follow an initial spurt then decline, then Contador smacks everyone for 6. Wiggins waits until he's an old man of the peloton, doing nothing at all for 10 years before smacking everyone for 6.

the big ring said:
cqvsyearsasapro.png

Both Contador and Evans had health problems during the decline stage. Contador had his cavernoma and Evans kept on breaking collarbones at T-Mobile.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
The following graph just puts it also into perspective. Froome is no more suspicious than others.

Indeed, he follows the line of AC and squarley spanks Satre and Evans :D

So because AC is hardcore doper, that means Froome is cleaner because his performance mirrors... uhmmmmmm wait... your logic is utterly flawed...

Sorry for exposing the flaws in your posts! Sorry! Sorry to use facts!

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Exactly why is a 25 year old with problems hampering him earlier in his career, bursting onto the field once he got it together, (like others around his age have done in the past) seen as the biggest fraud in history, whereas a 30 year old who could do absolutely nothing until he almost podiumed the tour and has since learned to tt and climb better than anyone else in the world, seen as the possible clean guy on sky.

Secondly we all know here that hundreds of riders have been doping over the years, most of our champions have done so, froome gets so much hatred on here, but he is not really any different to the others.

Wiggins meanwhile is a total **** who thinks he is gods gift to cycling, runs his mouth about anyone he feels like, throws enormous tantrums when people dont see him in as high a light as he sees himself, and has began to follow the Armstrong method of bullying people.

Attack Froome all you want but please people realize that it is Wiggins not Froome who is the big bad.

This, this exactly. Not a Froome fan particularly, but how he gets the lions share of it is beyond me whilst Mr. Twiglet gets off scot free. To be honest, the British love in with certain riders borders on pathetic. Harmon, Humphrey, Porter, Boardman, Boulting, Liggett, Sherwen ...... it borders on embarrassing.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Franklin said:

So because AC is hardcore doper, that means Froome is cleaner because his performance mirrors... uhmmmmmm wait... your logic is utterly flawed...

No it´s not since AC blossomed in the real dirty era. Again, Tucker/Halamas numbers show a decline in power outputs overall.

the big ring

BANNED
Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Bobby G said:
This, this exactly. Not a Froome fan particularly, but how he gets the lions share of it is beyond me whilst Mr. Twiglet gets off scot free. To be honest, the British love in with certain riders borders on pathetic. Harmon, Humphrey, Porter, Boardman, Boulting, Liggett, Sherwen ...... it borders on embarrassing.

No offense but this is the Froome thread. Pretty sure Wiggo is being discussed ad nauseum in both the Sky and Wiggins cadence threads.

Franklin said:

You are forgetting the slightly different time periods. I think 2011 was cleaner than 2007 so making a jump in 2007 would require more dope. Ergo, Froome is cleaner.

TRENDING THREADS