• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
No_Balls said:
He is a fraud. Hardcore doping-hunter unless it isnt his own rider. A huge slime ball given that he acts like he is against doping while on the other hand...Didn´t you paid attention?

It´s not "my" rider. Please read the posts properly & in context, and stop insulting me as "fraud", "slime ball", and "liar" (former post). I didn´t get personal against you yet. Once and for all: Stop your insults when people do not agree with your POV.
Again, are you from spain?

johnnycash said:
Remember with your Wiggins Vs Froome progression that Wiggo was a refined, almost manufactured, product of British cycling. Whereas Froome seemed was more a raw talent brought in, not really knowing how to use his power to full effect or blowing up even in late 2010.

Skys Bobby Ullich said as much, knew he had a good engine but it needed refining to get the results consistently. I buy it. We're all entitled to our own opinions but I think he's clean, as is Wiggo.

I would like to think that too, however, wouldnt you see a steady progression with the refining? Instead we have a sudden spike from last years Vuelta upto now, with an illness inbetween?

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
sittingbison said:
ahhhh so you ARE new to cycling :D

Haha :D I have watched all tours from 1997 and onward though :D
Names like Beloki, Heras, Jalabert, Bobby Julich, Livingston, just to name a few are all familiar names for me :p

Further back then 97 I don't know **** :D

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I get a funny feeling that Froome may not handle the pressure of this Vuelta.

There is just something about his interviews that suggests he won't cope with it to me.

It's one thing to do it as a domestique to Wiggins when there is no significant pressure if he fails but quite another to do it as GC leader when all the Sky resources are put behind you and you are expected to deliver.

He definitely seems uneasy with it.

Froome's mannerisms

Corona said:
I get a funny feeling that Froome may not handle the pressure of this Vuelta.

There is just something about his interviews that suggests he won't cope with it to me.

It's one thing to do it as a domestique to Wiggins when there is no significant pressure if he fails but quite another to do it as GC leader when all the Sky resources are put behind you and you are expected to deliver.

He definitely seems uneasy with it.

Yep I get that feeling too when watching him interviewed...he is very uneasy. Its Guilt with a capital G. He just looks like he is squirming without even having answered a question. Why isnt he enthusiastic about his achievements ?? there's no elation or happiness - I mean come on he was 2nd on the podium at the TDF and now spanking the best climbers in the world and still no jubilation. Weird !

I,m no psychologist but would be good to have someone who can study his mannerisms. The way he never looks the interviewer in the eye, he is always looking downwards (i know that is a sign of lying, looking down and to the left or right, cant recall which side, think its either).

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Wiggins: Indeed special. Unseen before (outside of Armstrong) performance jumps at Garmin....

If you take 2009 as "Wiggins reaches the top echelon", then how do you explain 2010?

I'd suggest 2009 = dog has his day. 2010 = typical results for someone of his ability. 2011/2012 = where did that come from?

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Cycle Chic said:
The way he never looks the interviewer in the eye, he is always looking downwards

Force of habit? :D

(i know that is a sign of lying, looking down and to the left or right, cant recall which side, think its either).

Typically, for a right handed person, looking to the right is a sign you're making things up.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Dalakhani said:
Force of habit? :D

Typically, for a right handed person, looking to the right is a sign you're making things up.

talk about clutching at straws.
can we stick to him coming from nowhere to being the best at the biggest race of the year as his level of suspicion rather than whether he looks left or right during an interview.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
will10 said:
can we stick to him coming from nowhere to being the best at the biggest race of the year as his level of suspicion rather than whether he looks left or right during an interview.

Agreed... there are plenty of facts to ask the hard questions without going to these obscure theories.

May 2, 2010
Visit site
will10 said:

I like your avatar :D

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
disgusted

We're supposed to believe that a GC guy can do a leadout for his sprinter.

Should be plain to see for all that something isn't right with this guy.

Is there any precedent for this? Other than BW on the last day of the tour this year. That seemed much less risky to me.

Today's display was total arrogance by CF and Sky.

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Cycle Chic said:
Yep I get that feeling too when watching him interviewed...he is very uneasy. Its Guilt with a capital G. He just looks like he is squirming without even having answered a question. Why isnt he enthusiastic about his achievements ?? there's no elation or happiness - I mean come on he was 2nd on the podium at the TDF and now spanking the best climbers in the world and still no jubilation. Weird !

I,m no psychologist but would be good to have someone who can study his mannerisms. The way he never looks the interviewer in the eye, he is always looking downwards (i know that is a sign of lying, looking down and to the left or right, cant recall which side, think its either).

You will have NO peace in your life. Froome was lead out man today??? These guys are pretty confident in whatever PEd they have. Just make sure that whatever you are doing, you are doing it totally alone, because as LA case shows, its no longer drug tests that cut it. That doctor, supplier, teammate, etc can turn on you tomorrow and rat you out and your glory is over. "I have never failed a drug test" is so old news. No one buys that anymore. There is no confidence in his eyes, no rest....Judge Judy said thats how she can tell who is lying in her court, their eyes, usually shifty, do not look at her etc.

iZnoGouD

BANNED
Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
jilbiker said:
You will have NO peace in your life. Froome was lead out man today??? These guys are pretty confident in whatever PEd they have. Just make sure that whatever you are doing, you are doing it totally alone, because as LA case shows, its no longer drug tests that cut it. That doctor, supplier, teammate, etc can turn on you tomorrow and rat you out and your glory is over. "I have never failed a drug test" is so old news. No one buys that anymore. There is no confidence in his eyes, no rest....Judge Judy said thats how she can tell who is lying in her court, their eyes, usually shifty, do not look at her etc.

Tell that to the millions of Lance Armstrong fans :p

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
jilbiker said:

So what you're saying is, Judge Judy should be brought in by WADA to do the post-race interviews, as she'll root out the liars and the cheats?

biokemguy said:
We're supposed to believe that a GC guy can do a leadout for his sprinter.

Should be plain to see for all that something isn't right with this guy.

Is there any precedent for this? Other than BW on the last day of the tour this year. That seemed much less risky to me.

Today's display was total arrogance by CF and Sky.

Yep, not as if there is the first big mountain stage of the race the next day or anything. But I guess just staying out of trouble will be the response.

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
ferryman said:
[/B]
Yep, not as if there is the first big mountain stage of the race the next day or anything. But I guess just staying out of trouble will be the response.

Did you watch UniversalSports? The commentator could hardly help himself at the end, he was one step away from saying juice. He said "How can they expect us to believe that a GC guy will lead out a sprinter with a hard day like tomorrow about to come??" ...."If we see no impact on tomorrow's performance that will be unbelievable"

jilbiker said:
Did you watch UniversalSports? The commentator could hardly help himself at the end, he was one step away from saying juice. He said "How can they expect us to believe that a GC guy will lead out a sprinter with a hard day like tomorrow about to come??" ...."If we see no impact on tomorrow's performance that will be unbelievable"

Didn't see it but wish I had. Roger Hammond on the other hand gave some blustering defence theory why some riders need to open up (as in go full gas) to get their system ready for the challenge ahead (UK highlights show).

TomekA said:
My friend was talking to a lot of various team members after last stage of Tour de Pologne and they said to him that they don't believe that Team Sky is clean (was clean during Tour de France). He asked for evidence, they said they don't have but admitted that "it is not working this way" - about Sky TdF form.

Wow, what a post. What team did he talk to?

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I hope Froom does a Bjarne tomorrow just to make it a little bit more obvious in case anyone was still in doubt. and it would be entertaining as hell too :D

TRENDING THREADS