• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

G. P. Plouay 26.08.2012 WT

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Parrulo said:
could any1 post a profile of the race?

can a hilly classics type of guy win this if the race is properly attacked?

Yes, last year Bole attacked as Maltiv is saying and held off the small peleton.

So it's really quite a fun course in wchich we won't see a bunch sprint, but either solo attacks and solo win or small bunch sprint imho.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
This is a race for the oportunists.
The field will be smashed up the last hill, and be wide open for oportunists the final kms to the finish.
Expect something from guys like Voeckler, Luis Leon, Chavanel, Kolobnev or maybe Leukemans.

europcar festival

damn what a team they have here.the terrible 5 who scared the shiit out of the galibier:voeckler,rolland,jerome,gautier and chartix.i will never forget that epic moment.
plus reza,kern and arashiro.

they will at least 1-2.
allez europcar!

jens_attacks said:
europcar festival

damn what a team they have here.the terrible 5 who scared the shiit out of the galibier:voeckler,rolland,jerome,gautier and chartix.i will never forget that epic moment.
plus reza,kern and arashiro.

they will at least 1-2.
allez europcar!

Europcar win would be enough for me, no need to get 1-2 :D

The 3 main favourites in my view are Voeckler, Sagan and Gerrans.
Voeckler of course shall animate, Sagan is peaking for the WC and is just great overall and Gerrans has won here before/ rode well at CSS. He also has such a strong team with a previous winner in Goss.
**** Ventoso, Sanchez, Bole, LLS, Martin ( tried to chase in CSS ), Kolobnev/ Paolini, Leukemans ( won a good race recently ) and GVA.
*** EBH, Roelandts, Costa/ Visconti, Matthews, Simon, Gallopin/ Nizzolo, Demare, Nuyens, Bozic and Haussler.

Other riders who i think could feature are Bardet, Ulissi, J Izaguirre, Chavanel and Fedrigo.

TRENDING THREADS