• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Garmin-Barracuda 2012

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
greenedge said:
They still did ok. They won P-R ( without their preferred rider ). There were only 5 other teams that won a monument.

It is odd that Haussler stayed and not Thor. Oh well, i like Haussler.

Farrar won't win M-SR. If it comes to a sprint it will be between; Boonen, Thor, Cav, Haussler, Petacchi and Goss. Greipel and Renshaw could be added as well.

I think Farrar could however win the Olympic RR

Who is the cyclist that has won another monument in BMC?@ El Pistolero

Ballan 2007 ronde.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Granville57 said:
BMC = Because Money Can't win a race.

Well, of course it can under certain circumstances, but that's for the Vino discussion. :p

or

BMC = Buy More Champions and see where it gets you. We will see, we will see...

I don't get why you and many others have such a strong dislike for a team whose sponsor puts massive money into the sport considering the number of teams who are currently struggling to retain a sponsor for the coming season.

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
greenedge said:
They still did ok. They won P-R ( without their preferred rider ). There were only 5 other teams that won a monument.

It is odd that Haussler stayed and not Thor. Oh well, i like Haussler.

Farrar won't win M-SR. If it comes to a sprint it will be between; Boonen, Thor, Cav, Haussler, Petacchi and Goss. Greipel and Renshaw could be added as well.

I think Farrar could however win the Olympic RR

Who is the cyclist that has won another monument in BMC?@ El Pistolero

Haussler is free to fly this year. That is good news. Hopefully he makes the selection for MSR, but I would also add Bennati & Feillu into that group.

Oh yeah i forgot about Bennati. Feillu would only be able to go for the win if Hummel leads him out very well. I should also add Allan Davis into the group to contend for M-SR as it is stated to be his main objective. Breschel could also contend. DG as well.

Thx about Ballan at the Ronde.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Garmin Barracuda

Time for a thread title change! :p

Garmin-Cervélo becomes Garmin-Barracuda

Slipstream Sports announced that Barracuda Networks has become Garmin’s co-sponsor for the 2012 season, replacing Cervelo after one season. Its team will ride as Garmin-Barracuda.

Barracuda Networks provides content security, network performance and data protection solutions for organizations.

team_jersey_high_res__600.jpg

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
goggalor said:
What a guy.
Not that I aim to be JV's spokesman, but to be fair, context is everything. He was referring to his time at the notoriously infuriating Department of Motor Vehicles. It went like this:

At the DMV.... The call board says 196. My ticket says 243... Wow. Some guy just chewed his achilles apart out of boredom.
https://twitter.com/#!/Vaughters/status/154701089722208257

I wonder if I took off my pants, if anyone would notice?
https://twitter.com/#!/Vaughters/status/154703321180024832

Ok... Up to 212 on the board. I feel confident that if I took a hostage, I could move up 3-4 slots. Now to fashion a weapon.
https://twitter.com/#!/Vaughters/status/154707185803333633

I tried "Do you know who I am? I masterminded a coup against a superior foe at Paris-Roubaix!!"..nothing.. "Sideburns?!" ..nothing... #DMV
https://twitter.com/#!/Vaughters/status/154710887784124416

The whole anti-doping thing isn't gonna make any headway here either. That is certain. These people want drugs. Bad. #DMV
https://twitter.com/#!/Vaughters/status/154711704515784704

:D

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Granville57 said:
Not that I aim to be JV's spokesman, but to be fair, context is everything. He was referring to his time at the notoriously infuriating Department of Motor Vehicles. It went like this:

:D

^ is a lesson to all on the evils of selective editing.

A

Anonymous

looks good from the back.. a few teams made an effort with the backs, garmin much better, sky thicker line, saxo huge great saxo.. going to be a lot easier to tell who is who from the helicopter shots.

May 11, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
As lame as this sounds, as soon as Garmin started sponsoring a team, I went out and bought one of their products 6 weeks later.

I bought a Garmin navigation system because of their cycling sponsorship.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
I tried Chipotle becuase of their sponsorship, or was more inclined to do so. But I definitely have bought the Colavita Olive Oils and Peanut Butter & Co peanut butter because of their sponsorship.

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
Nick C. said:
I tried Chipotle becuase of their sponsorship, or was more inclined to do so. But I definitely have bought the Colavita Olive Oils and Peanut Butter & Co peanut butter because of their sponsorship.

PB&co makes some mighty delicious peanut butter.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Ad Rock said:
Anyone have any idea why Magura would be a sponsor (see the shorts)?
Speculation from Bike Radar:
http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/garmin-barracuda-list-magura-as-equipment-sponsor-32910

We'd heard rumors for months that SRAM was working on a hydraulic time trial brake design so it's entirely possible — even likely — that Magura has been working on one as well and in particular, one that would cleanly integrate into Garmin-Barracuda's new Cervélo P5 time trial bikes
Magura's promises of a new road-based product that would "revolutionize cycling" and its mention of a "cooperation partner" quickly generated visions of a fully hydraulic group with disc brakes and a more refined version of Acros's A-GE transmission.
1326310406039-hrk0qnz3b2b6-280-75.jpg

TRENDING THREADS